It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China military build-up seems U.S.-focused: Mullen

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
Well it's the truth. Why don't you contribute something worthwhile to the conversation and stop having a tantrum
Not my fault if you're hypocritical.

Point out the double standard or just admit you're only throwing personal insults, attempting to troll.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
I can't decide whether I should learn Chinese or Russian.

I fear one may be needed in the US before long.

They are going to work those dollars out of us once we can't pay them.

Trust me Chinese. I speak it, along with several other languages.

America has been eyeing china for 20 years - Kissinger, Cheney and even McNamara knew it was always them and have repeatedly said so - for anyone who is listening.

China has been the largest and most powerful nation on earth for the greatest period of time - by miles - Rome was a blip, Great Britain a blip, and US - 6 decades.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas
Trust me Chinese. I speak it, along with several other languages.

What type of Chinese ? Mandarin/Cantonese ? I've been learning Chinese for a while and am proud to say I'm fluent in both Mandarin and Cantonese as well as being able to speak Shanghainese pretty well. I've just started to try and learn more traditonal characters rather than just being able to write and read in simplified script.

China has been the largest and most powerful nation on earth for the greatest period of time - by miles - Rome was a blip, Great Britain a blip, and US - 6 decades.

Absolutely right. The US won't make it to the century mark either as being the most dominant nation. The interesting thing is the US accuses China as being the agressor and danger to peace whilst they bomb the crap out of 2 countries (Afghanistan for the right reason, Iraq completely the wrong reasons).

I lived and worked in China for a long time, once I finish up in teh US I'm moving back. Chinese are a great people.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

Well it's the truth. Why don't you contribute something worthwhile to the conversation and stop having a tantrum
Not my fault if you're hypocritical.

Point out the double standard or just admit you're only throwing personal insults, attempting to troll.

Aha, so are you going to contribute something or keep on wasting space here ? I called you out for what you are, deal with it. If you don't like it you know where the door is, please stop dumbing down this thread.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I called you out for what you are, deal with it. If you don't like it you know where the door is, please stop dumbing down this thread.

Called me out ? I said Beijing needs to stop freaking out over surveillance ships operating in international waters.

Your reply was

You said it, so the US can't ever bitch about the PLAN doing the same thing off America's shores. Then again I can see you bitching about that with your double standards.

Show me where I'm up in arms over Chinese surveillance of the US (double standard) or else crawl back under your bridge.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I like the Chinese. But they aren't exactly the most passive nation around.

We see how they've absorbed Hong Kong, Tibet, are reeling back in Taiwan, and have created an economic empire in Africa taking advantage of weak corrupt regimes there. Watch what happens to places like Zimbabwe, Sudan, Nigeria.

They still have some debts they think need repaying from Japan, too.

Their newest strategic alliances are being made in the Middle East. I think they are waiting for Iran to implode economically.

Their strategies are similar to the IMF. Lend vast amounts to financially irresponsible leaders and take collateral on resource rights. They know they will never be repaid and will collect what they are really itching for down the road.

This may be the case with the US and T Bills.

The Chinese are shrewd.

Mike

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by BLV12

There is more than one way to win a war.
If you owe money to someone, you are in their debt,
The largest holder of debt in the world is China, everyone owes them something.

They already have the US economy by the short and curlies and can pull out the rug at the drop of a hat.

Yeah and so?

They will have to wait 30 years like all the other "Investors" So if they ever want to get paid they better play ball.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
You know whats really sad?

After reading through a few of these types of threads there always seems to be a common link. If somebody says a sour note towards China then automatically there is a wrath of Anti Americanism posted. The question then becomes is China above criticism? I mean seriously what kind of crap is that?

I mean as an American I hear and read criticism about the states all day and every day, I'll read it and they have the freedom to post it. But the minute anybody says something that is viewed even remotely as criticism about China then all the finger pointers come out. Why is that? I mean if they ever want to be a global player or even want to be a super power then they better learn to take criticism.

Then everybody automatically starts to make claims of their greatness yadda yadda blah blah blah. Then somebody will point out their great heritage, Which I agree it's a great heritage. But 99.9% of that came way before the communist arrived. The Communist have been around what? 50 years or so give or take? Remember giving the Communist government credit for that history is like giving the present day Egyptian government the credit for building the great pyramid

So lets keep this in perspective. And get real.

Does the US have issues? Hell Yes.
Is the US perfect? Hell no
Will we ever be perfect? Hell no

Is China perfect?
Will they ever be perfect?
Can they handle criticism? Hell no.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I think many of share the same perception.

In the Politically Correct NWO you are allowed to condemn, in rough order:

The US, Israel, Jews (but say Zionists), and also the British, Christians, Western values, banking an financial institutions, all Western governments,
Protestants, white people anywhere, the Vatican and Catholics, mainstream media and anything they say, and on and on.

Taboo to find fault with:

Blacks in Western countries or Africa, Muslims and countries where they are dominant, the Chinese, Islam and the Koran, North American Indians, and on and on.

One is accused of being a bigot and a stream of personal attacks ensue if one brings into question anything negative related to the second group, or positive related to the first group.

What is the common attribute of the reflex attackers - one can only guess. I've guessed.

So arguments invariably veer from the issues at hand into cultural clashes.

This is overt intolerance, racism, close-mindedness, of course. But the currently enforced version.

Mike

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Blah, there are plenty of threads in here where the good ole boys in America bash China. I tihnk what you are trying to describe is that people are fed up with Americans bashing other people's and cultures. Especially as most have neither even left the country and get their information from god knows what trash they watch on television.

So in summary it is fashionable for many Americans to bash other countries and peoples because they don't share the same materialistic values of American culture.

PS. And yes I am qualified to bash becuase I have lived in many diverse cultures including America for long periods at a time.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

PS. And yes I am qualified to bash becuase I have lived in many diverse cultures including America for long periods at a time.

Yeah ok keep lying to yourself about that one.

It's called hypocrisy. Come here to get an education then leave and do not contribute to your place of education yet criticize it.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The thing that I don't understand is , per all the reports , China has the capability of doing far more damage to the U.S by financial means then they could ever hope to do by military means .

At best , if the U.S collapse as a world power they might use there navy to try and intimidate any lingering U.S ships .

China will use the book of Sun Tzu on the U.S rather then bombs .

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

China will use the book of Sun Tzu on the U.S rather then bombs .

Sun-Tzu said

Never over estimate nor under estimate your opponent.
Consider him an equal, If he is your equal then he can be defeated.

The book comes in English now.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Sun Tzu

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Yeah it was on the NY best sellers list back in the 80s
I have a few copies myself.

Edit to add second line and this edit notification about editing.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

How right you are , to bad the government didn't get themselves a copy

I for one think you hit the nail on the head with your first post back on page 1 .

Edit to add , I have a very nice one with pictures of ancient Chinese artifacts on each page

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Blah, there are plenty of threads in here where the good ole boys in America bash China. I tihnk what you are trying to describe is that people are fed up with Americans bashing other people's and cultures. Especially as most have neither even left the country and get their information from god knows what trash they watch on television.

So in summary it is fashionable for many Americans to bash other countries and peoples because they don't share the same materialistic values of American culture.

No one's qualified to bash anyone, just some things they might say.

I've lived all over the world. I've seen good and bad Chinese people, good and bad Americans.

Few people are involved in deciding their government's foreign policies and shouldn't be blamed for them all.

What a handful of people send as messages to a conspiracy site represents a drop in the ocean.

Mike

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Yeah ok keep lying to yourself about that one.

It's called hypocrisy. Come here to get an education then leave and do not contribute to your place of education yet criticize it.

Oh I contribute byt paying 5 times the fees an American student pays as well as paying more taxes to Uncle Sam than the average US citizen does. I suggest you look up the word hypocracy you've confused its meaning.

PS. Whilst the best students at university here are comaparable to the best of the world. Students who get a 2.0-2.5 GPA recieve a degree not worth the paper it's printed on and they are in the vast majority. A "C" degree here is vastly lower than a "C" degree in most other countries. That being said there are good MBA programs which I've had the honour of attending.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join