It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Wave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Without wanting to sound alarmist, we should keep in mind that the Great Influenza Pandemic came in waves. The first struck from February through about August, 1918. Large numbers of people were infected, sickened, laid low. Few died. Some who died were young and healthy, which is unusual in normal influenza. Some fatalities were surely not recognized as being related to the flu, but were attributed to pneumonia and other URI's.

Even during the February through August period, there were some isolated outbreaks of a highly lethal form of URI that was so unusual it wasn't recognized to be influenza. Some doctors thought they were dealing with the Black Plague.

We dont know why this happened. We don't know whether it will happen again. We simply don't have enough information to make any sort of firm statement. However, the possibiity should be considered.

Now would be a good time to set into place such precautions and treatments as we can. It looks like this current outbreak isn't the Big One. Maybe we've got time to prepare ourselves for that pandemic. And maybe there will be on "Big One". In that case, we haven't lost much in trying to be prepared. But if we don't prepare and this is the one, we're in a world of hurt.

H1N1 Influenza type A is nothing to sneeze at (pun intended).

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I know something is going on, as there is swine flu in my local area. I went to church on Sunday, and found that one of the members was quarantined with it. Yet, the numbers don't reflect the facts.

It is mutating, or will mutate, as many viruses do. So, I agree that we are going to see another wave of the swine flu virus.

The problem is that to find out the true extent of the virus is on the internet, as the news doesn't reflect the facts, or the numbers.

I guess that they don't want to cause panic, but the news channels need to be honest with the facts and show the map of the virus.

new topics

join