It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

the longer I am here, the less I believe

page: 4
28
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66
 


Love the thread! You're bang on the money as always munkey66! Many of us find ourselves in the same boat. The outlandish stories and characters on ATS have also turned me into a cynic/skeptic in many areas.

Perhaps that's the plan eh! Aversion therapy!

Get people to snub off conspiracies by bombarding them with complete crap 24/7.

IRM




posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta
 


You're kidding right? About the Federation of Light. The original "prophecy" wasn't vague at all, it was specific, what you're doing is making it into a vague metaphor and compensating for the shortcoming of the original prophecy. The mass growing of knowledge has been happening since the 90's man.


Anyway, back on topic. I've been lurking around for about 6 years now and I've seen lots of these things come and go. Like someone said before, it's a cycle. There are always going to be people who feel the need to make more of themselves than what they really are, and also to make more of their lives; that's where you get outlandish conspiracy theories.

These people are nuts, but they can be amazingly good sometimes. I knew a guy on another site who posted everything he could find; he was always like NWO NWO VERICHIP=666 OMGOMG but every once in a while he'd stumble onto something big. So sometimes you just have to bear with people.

Now, that being said, I'm the first to laugh at stupid posts. Some of my favorites being:
Flat Earth
Anunaki
Any of bobbyloves threads are great, especially the one with the reptile torso...
The "hip-hop=masons" thread is probably my all time favorite.



posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
as the title suggests
the longer I am here, the less I believe.

I have loved conspiracies for as long as I can remember, always wanted to know the truth about this or that, but the more I read things on conspiracy forums, the less It actually believe.
Now there are still a few things in which I believe is happening and a lot of smaller conspiracies tie in with one another,
But when we get posts from 3 months back and it is being viewed as new and people jump on the band wagon with more of the same and keep spouting the same misinformation.
The belief that it has been repeated so often that it must be true.

when some claim to have insider knowledge and when questioned about certain facts become very quiet.

People in contact with beings not of this world yet cannot provide a single shred of evidence, then claim that the off worlders are of the belief of non interference which flies in the face that being contacted is interfering.

The whole my military is better than yours even though the people who organize the wars own both sides anyway.

lets not forget a mysterious animal that washes up on a beach and has 300 experts calling it a manbearpig when a simple explenation was a decomposing dog carcass.

A tearing artifact on a youtube clip is a reptilian shape shifter and a dot in the sky at night is a UFO eventhough it just sits there and does nothing other than blink.

It isn't that I don't believe in any of it, what makes it hard to swallow are the 300 hundred experts who cannot see the obvious explenation.

My all time favorite was the chemical composition must be changed in the chemtrails because a jet was making them and they vannished within 30 seconds just like real contrails do.

Sorry if it appears to be a bit of a rant, but come on, we really need to look at what is presented in front of us and if we have no idea, please try not to just make things up to get noticed.



If that's how you feel, then WHY are you here? this is a forum dealing paranormal and unusual topics of discussion as well as lots of conspiracy theories, if that's how you feel about it then i suggest you move to some other forum and let those who believe in this continue to do so. Nobody except for close minded people and skeptics would agree with you on this, the more i read your thread the more clear it becomes to me the reason behind it ...

One more question dealing with your last line:

And YOU didn't do this just so you can get some attention and some stars on your thread? Please, it's transparent, you did this because there are so many skeptical people here (even though its a conspiracy forum about open minded people) and you thought you get something out of it by posting this silly thread. you don't like it - B-Gone!



posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I gotta agree with ya there.

But then I really just view this site as more or less something that's entertaining. To tell ya the truth I don't really believe anything on here. It's more or less ill informed people trying to get to the bottom of something that they never will. The same people calling out for action against the government and then continue to rant on online forum about the same thing. Nothing really ever gets solved.

But it's interesting.



posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Badmedia,

Excellent post and I understand what you are saying.

Your right if this happened human to human why should there be a difference if it is alien to human.

This is hard to explain really.

What the human has been taught isn't exactly the way things were/are. Many things have been twisted to work for a persons benefit such as the Vatican as an example, I know this isn't making much sense.

Let me try it this way:

Earth is known as the "Laboratory" it isn't really our's we only think it is our's. "Everything that is"........ is the way it has always been done but people are learning to expand there brain knowledge and they are coming to the conclusion they don't like it.

From what I know all I can say is just about (or maybe being kinder) almost everything we were taught is not right.

I tried to explain this before and as you can tell to write it down isn't easy because words are misunderstood.

In plain English the best I can tell you is your nothing but a Lab specimen. They either treat you like a pet, treat you like a testing specimen or they let you roam free until....................................doesn't matter if you like it this is the way it is.


Oddly enough, someone has pointed me into a direction similar to this topic in a U2U from another topic. I went to look at the thread the person pointed out to me, and then noticed it was the same thing you are referring to.

So I'm going to suggest we move the conversation over to it, as I am about to start replying to it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What I want to know is...

Is there an ATS site conspiracy against ME personally?
I have made a few posts similiar to this one by the OP calling out the repetitive nature and ridiculous content and they IMMEDIATELY get shuffled off to the rant category with a nice polite little U2U explanation that a 'rant' doesn't belong in the general conpiracy forum.

Yet, along comes this little nugget and it's stays on the FP and gets many S&F's...

Hmmmmm.

Me thinks they are out to get me.



posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta
 


You're kidding right? About the Federation of Light. The original "prophecy" wasn't vague at all, it was specific, what you're doing is making it into a vague metaphor and compensating for the shortcoming of the original prophecy. The mass growing of knowledge has been happening since the 90's man.


Now, that being said, I'm the first to laugh at stupid posts. Some of my favorites being:
Flat Earth
Anunaki
Any of bobbyloves threads are great, especially the one with the reptile torso...
The "hip-hop=masons" thread is probably my all time favorite.


Nope I am NOT kidding, just trying to get across that NOT everyone reads the same in threads like others do. It's often a matter WHAT people already unconsiously have chosen to read / believe.

I find that there are good serious researchers in here but also a lot of blatant sheeps, if you can follow me.

Fully agree on bobbyloves topics


Oh and the mass growing of knowledge has been happening since the 60S and accelarated since then. Man? No, female


[edit on 5/6/2009 by Melyanna Tengwesta]

[edit on 5/6/2009 by Melyanna Tengwesta]



posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly
 


Amen bro. Word dat.

But you are wrong, they ARE out to get me.
Especially lately.

And now I really feel dumb. It only took the OP 6 months to figure out what it has taken me over 2 years.

But in my case, (I heard they are taking bets in Vegas on how much longer I'll last here) I've just decided to not share any more intellectual property / content for free. I'll just be drab and boring from now on. Should be fun.

Thanks munkey, love your Avatar.
Hope you get at least 500 stars. You just might be on to the Grand Daddy of all conspiracies. Careful where you step.

Regards...KK



posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LyricusMagna
 



If that's how you feel, then WHY are you here? this is a forum dealing paranormal and unusual topics of discussion as well as lots of conspiracy theories, if that's how you feel about it then i suggest you move to some other forum and let those who believe in this continue to do so.


I think I have already made it quite clear that I do believe in conspiracies, but this is more than just a conspiracy site, it is also an information site, a site where religion interpretation is done, a site in which breaking news is discused, and also a site where people hold on to the most far fetched ideas.


Nobody except for close minded people and skeptics would agree with you on this, the more i read your thread the more clear it becomes to me the reason behind it ...


I assure you, I am far from a closed minded skeptic and I think that a lot of people have actually read the entire thread and realize that that is not the case


And YOU didn't do this just so you can get some attention and some stars on your thread? Please, it's transparent, you did this because there are so many skeptical people here (even though its a conspiracy forum about open minded people) and you thought you get something out of it by posting this silly thread. you don't like it - B-Gone!


maybe I wrote it on the off chance that someone may read it and all the posts before just replying and sometimes realize that they don't need to continue debating a topic when the evidence is on the first page gives a researched and sourced explenation.

To be honest, I could care less about the stars and flags, I am more interested in researched evidence so I can add up the evidence myself and find my own truths.



posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sebarud
 


Also Known as an insane asylum?



posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It would be cool to have an already debunmked section, and then topics that have been thoroughly debunked can automatically be moved there and refrenced to the debunked facts, so we can continue discussing the non debunked and possibles etc, without weeding through the already debunked things over and over and over????



posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormly
What I want to know is...

Is there an ATS site conspiracy against ME personally?
I have made a few posts similiar to this one by the OP calling out the repetitive nature and ridiculous content and they IMMEDIATELY get shuffled off to the rant category with a nice polite little U2U explanation that a 'rant' doesn't belong in the general conpiracy forum.

Yet, along comes this little nugget and it's stays on the FP and gets many S&F's...

Hmmmmm.

Me thinks they are out to get me.


I think it's probably due to the timing, because there is another thread started by one of the staff in the board guidelines or something or another about "negativity" and such on the forums. They may have left this up to see the responses as this seems to be the most popular forum.

Just a guess though, I only ever created 1 topic on these forums, and it got moved so my record is 100% loss in terms of keeping my topic in the forum I put it in. I still don't understand why it was moved.



[edit on 6-5-2009 by badmedia]



posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66
 


Your post sums up my feelings perfectly !!!

The devil is in the details isn't he ???


Once I started really looking into a lot of these conspiracies, I found the supposed evidence to be completely lacking, misrepresented or down right fraudulent.

I've noticed that one of the big excuses that are used by the "believers" is that "since we don't know what kind of technology the government really has, we have no way of knowing if"... WHATEVER they're talking about... " is true or not." They use it as a sword to slice through a logical counter argument which allows them to defy physics.

In short, you can't defy physics by stamping TOP SECRET on it.

Nice to see a thread like this


Star and a flag !!!
I'd give you 50 stars if I could but they're pretty stingy with stars here on ATS



posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I know when I started here in 04 I was sharing what I know about ufo and aliens so I wrote in the ufo and alien section, sounded logical to me.

Well, I came to learn that if you don't have absolute proof of anything your word wasn't good enough because there are to many hoaxers and fakes so you were moved to the skunk works and I thought that stunk


Now they have a Grey area sometimes it gets confusing on where to post but I figure if I write something and it's in the wrong place they will move it then they send me a U2U and let me know.

I noticed that to this date when people talk about UFO and Aliens it all over the boards and difficult to keep an eye on.

When dealing with aliens my best suggestion is don't look into anything to scientifically remember these beings consider the human race a stupid species so look at the easiest simplest answers as I have mentioned before.


[edit on 6-5-2009 by observe50]



posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Yea, Like Dr Neils Harrit and Super Nano Thermate in the WTC Dust. And the follow-up analysis by an credentialed independent physics Laboratory... Published for the World to see... go figure.



posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta
 


I do follow, and believe me I'll be as eager to see metaphors in things but that whole ordeal was obviously not meant as a metaphor.

I digress though, there are many serious researchers on here and I see that we agree in general about the topic of this thread.

I love browsing skunk works just for lulz.



posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hello munkey66
I basicly came to ATS out of curiosity.

I found I could learn a sooo much here.
Thus bringing about more curosity.

The diverse people, with knoweledge, concepts and opinions (or in some cases lack the of), within ATSs pages, has helped me to recapture the 'Thirst to Grow and Learn' that I haven't experience since I became Disabled.

So I would like to take this opportunity to Thank all contributers 'Here'
for the Wonderful Gift you have given me !

Yes the naysayers, the brilant, the sceptical, the informed, the uninformed, the sensationalists, the methodical, the fanatcial And those who insist on "beating a dead horse" have have all been part of a reawakening and restoration of my natural inborn need to learn.

Again Thank You All :-)


The only problem is:
The More I Learn on ATS The Less I Know.


"We know nothing at all. All our knowledge is but the knowledge of schoolchildren.
The real nature of things we shall never know." -Albert Einstein



posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by LyricusMagna
 



If that's how you feel, then WHY are you here? this is a forum dealing paranormal and unusual topics of discussion as well as lots of conspiracy theories, if that's how you feel about it then i suggest you move to some other forum and let those who believe in this continue to do so.


I think I have already made it quite clear that I do believe in conspiracies, but this is more than just a conspiracy site, it is also an information site, a site where religion interpretation is done, a site in which breaking news is discused, and also a site where people hold on to the most far fetched ideas.


Nobody except for close minded people and skeptics would agree with you on this, the more i read your thread the more clear it becomes to me the reason behind it ...


I assure you, I am far from a closed minded skeptic and I think that a lot of people have actually read the entire thread and realize that that is not the case


And YOU didn't do this just so you can get some attention and some stars on your thread? Please, it's transparent, you did this because there are so many skeptical people here (even though its a conspiracy forum about open minded people) and you thought you get something out of it by posting this silly thread. you don't like it - B-Gone!


maybe I wrote it on the off chance that someone may read it and all the posts before just replying and sometimes realize that they don't need to continue debating a topic when the evidence is on the first page gives a researched and sourced explenation.

To be honest, I could care less about the stars and flags, I am more interested in researched evidence so I can add up the evidence myself and find my own truths.


Im am sorry, i wrote the reply in a time when i was angry and in a very bad mood. There are times when i feel the same as you, but I'm always looking back at all the things i have come to know through the internet and especially this website alone, even though I'm still quite new here lol. I have to admit you did sounded like a skeptic in your thread and not really a conspiracy theorist/researcher to me, but i guess i was wrong? Sorry again for my attitude ...



posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
reply to post by munkey66
 


Your post sums up my feelings perfectly !!!

The devil is in the details isn't he ???


Once I started really looking into a lot of these conspiracies, I found the supposed evidence to be completely lacking, misrepresented or down right fraudulent.

I've noticed that one of the big excuses that are used by the "believers" is that "since we don't know what kind of technology the government really has, we have no way of knowing if"... WHATEVER they're talking about... " is true or not." They use it as a sword to slice through a logical counter argument which allows them to defy physics.

In short, you can't defy physics by stamping TOP SECRET on it.

Nice to see a thread like this


Star and a flag !!!
I'd give you 50 stars if I could but they're pretty stingy with stars here on ATS


So you come here to mock the people who make these threads? Even tho most of them don't even know that what they are presenting is a hoax or a disinfo? Very intelligent of you ...




top topics



 
28
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join