It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the longer I am here, the less I believe

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
as the title suggests
the longer I am here, the less I believe.

I have loved conspiracies for as long as I can remember, always wanted to know the truth about this or that, but the more I read things on conspiracy forums, the less It actually believe.
Now there are still a few things in which I believe is happening and a lot of smaller conspiracies tie in with one another,
But when we get posts from 3 months back and it is being viewed as new and people jump on the band wagon with more of the same and keep spouting the same misinformation.
The belief that it has been repeated so often that it must be true.

when some claim to have insider knowledge and when questioned about certain facts become very quiet.

People in contact with beings not of this world yet cannot provide a single shred of evidence, then claim that the off worlders are of the belief of non interference which flies in the face that being contacted is interfering.

The whole my military is better than yours even though the people who organize the wars own both sides anyway.

lets not forget a mysterious animal that washes up on a beach and has 300 experts calling it a manbearpig when a simple explenation was a decomposing dog carcass.

A tearing artifact on a youtube clip is a reptilian shape shifter and a dot in the sky at night is a UFO eventhough it just sits there and does nothing other than blink.

It isn't that I don't believe in any of it, what makes it hard to swallow are the 300 hundred experts who cannot see the obvious explenation.

My all time favorite was the chemical composition must be changed in the chemtrails because a jet was making them and they vannished within 30 seconds just like real contrails do.

Sorry if it appears to be a bit of a rant, but come on, we really need to look at what is presented in front of us and if we have no idea, please try not to just make things up to get noticed.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Wow! A post that actually has some common sense in the Gray Area!

I never thought the day would come. Thanks, munkey66, this is the first time ever I have read an opening post in this subforum without getting the feeling I have stumbled into an asylum for the insane.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I get what you are saying . Its just that most fringe / alternative ideas get lumped in together . Often all that people have in common here , is that their conspiracy of choice is not a mainstream belief .

I agree some people are very fast to except unsubstantiated claims , there are certainly different standards of evidence etc. applied by members on ATS .

Many people really put the work into researching their material and it shows ,and they stand out from the rest because of it .

The different function laid on by ATS could not be faulted , they really lend themselves to the development of a thread with the ability to cite and support , add a video etc .

I have seen many fantastically crafted threads on ATS , whist many others , i could take or leave.

I`d take quality over quantity , but at the end of the day, ATS wants/needs traffic .

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Some people have a need to live their fiction.

The polite thing is to leave them to their cheap and harmless entertainment.
The impolite thing is to entertain yourself by giving a public whipping to everyone actively trying to put one over.

Or you could just sift through the rocks. You might occasionally find a diamond of truth.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It's kind of how things run around here. There are cycles. There are people who come and go, some want to make lots of points, some want to make friends, some want to preach their ideas non-stop in repeating threads.

Some people have something actually important to say and worthwhile to listen to.

And those people are why it's worth hanging around.

It takes a lot of work not to just "believe" everything that you read on here. But it's a good skill to have, and it teaches you more about your own beliefs in the long run.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
But I WAS abducted and taken throgh a portal to Planet X

I was forced to drink Flouride and have sex with a reptilian while

getting implanted , all while having a OOBE

HeHe , I hear what you are sayig my friend , but it might help you f

you look at ATS as a Chat Room with a conspiracy theme

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Seany]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
raising your standards to discriminate between:

the gushing 'true believer' approach of accepting everything and anything as irrefutable 'proof' of space aliens among us...

and:

documented, well recorded observations, can leave a person believing less, i suppose.

i feel it leaves a person better suited to take the paranormal more seriously with a logical, sober attitude.

but thats just me.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Actually it's the most fantastic, outrageous, crazy, outlandish, wacked out, goofy, stupid, silly post that I enjoy the most; find entertaining. I truly appreciate a well crafted hoax.

"Don't tazer me, bro"

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

They are getting more and more distracting.
I'm actually having some issues filtering ATS for the important threads, not to mention staying in focus. *sigh*

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Problem is alot of people here make it unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

With all the insults I've been getting recently on the site, I find taking a monthly or bimonthly hiatus for anywhere from 4-7 days is really really helpful.

That way, some of the threads filter themselves. In a few days, the big threads don't really change much.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

I agree, thats one reason I made the post.
You come to the forum and look at the top stories and some are as old as the hills and just get recycled, then you have 15 threads about the same topic.
I like information, but when you get page after page of "he said, she said and they said" rather than an honest opinion or a reference.
I know it is hard sometimes in the heat of the moment to get a credible source, but if you look at a video and it looks like a blatant CGI, why post it and get 5 pages worth of information when the second or third post reply will even give you the name of the film maker and how he set about creating the hoax in the first place.
people will still want to give their opinion about how true it actually is.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
as the title suggests
the longer I am here, the less I believe.

Oh, really? You mean you are not one of those paid disinfo agents that leans on the skeptical side to purposely derail a thread?

That's a joke by the way, but I'm sure that is what a lot of the people who you were describing are thinking about you right now!

edit for quote 'fixin

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Some of the post amaze me at the hard work and thought put into them and some others just make me laugh.

I've read a few where I just sat and stared at the screen and said "what"?

And if theres a breaking good story out there, 9 out of 10 times , it has already been posted before i can get back to ATS with the news.

So mainly I lurk and read and throw in my 2 cents every so often. But like the other poster that stated they had to get away for awhile, that fits my agenda, also.

(ring) Sorry that's my telepathic telephone to the aliens and I must answer it for a new world saving message.

It's all good.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well said mate!

I just signed up on these forums after a long period of browsing.
I have, until, now not found anything worth replying to because of the reasons you have outlined in your post.

Hopefully we will see less sensationalised conspiracy topics. If something is genuinely interesting it doesn't need to be spiced up with lies and overstatements to make it more appealing.

I'd like to say hi also! As this is my first post!

Looking forward to getting to know some of you, I'll do an intro post soon.

Cheers.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
You know the quest for knowledge is a full time job.

Trying to save humanity is a thankless job.

For everything else there is VISA...

Well almost, in Norse Mythology All Father Odin chose to gain all the Wisdom of the Universe in exchange for plucking out his left eye and casting it into the Well from which all the knowledge came.

If Thine eyes offend thee, pluck them out!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Like someone already stated, you have to sift through a bunch of trash to find one treasure.

I only came to ATS after I found all the info I needed to form my beliefs on where I think I came from, and what I see comming next.

Only at that point did I then seek others to mix ideas with. I never look here for something to change my views, but every once in a while I read something here that does just that.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
that is good, I concur!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I think the reason for these types of sites is to conjecture, and hypothosise about would could be based on the information available. It is up to the reader to figure out which side they place their logic in.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It isn't so much which side to put ones logic in, my main gripe is when a poster has his question answered by someone with sources and quotes as well as a legal document signed by a judge just 2 or 3 posts down from the OP with 500 stars and someone still claims it is a manbearpig and then gives reasons why it is with no sources and then gets 300 stars.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join