It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikipedia Editors: Coverage of Israel 'Problematic'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Wikipedia Editors: Coverage of Israel 'Problematic'

www.haaretz.com

Wikipedia's coverage of Israel-related issues is "problematic," leading Israeli internet researchers claimed Sunday at the Wikipedia Academy 2009 Conference dealing with the world's largest encyclopedia. The conference was organized by Wikimedia's volunteer-based Israel chapter and Tel Aviv University's Netvision Institute for Internet Studies. However, the Web site's leading manager said it merely reflected public discourse.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Hacohen also documented his attempts to define Iran's president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, as a Holocaust-denier. Each time he included his remarks on Wikipedia, users and editors removed the reference - despite Ahmadinejad's frequent and public Holocaust denials.

On a related entry, Hacohen also noted that Wikipedia defines David Irving - a known Holocaust denier - as a historian, although his credentials are recognized by no one but himself.

Furthermore, the Wikipedia entry on January's Operation Cast Lead in Gaza describes it as an "intense bombardment" by Israel on a civilian population.

In order to promote the image of a "Victim State," Israeli Wiki editors and promoters are trying to apply pressure to the site and have Israel portrayed in a more positive light.

People, who are critical of Israel and its actions as well as those who have doubts about the official Holocaust story, are smeared.

It must have come as a bit of a shock when Wiki's mouth-piece stated:

Also attending the conference, which discussed Wikipedia's role in academia, was Sue Gardner, the executive director of the Wikimedia Foundation, which runs Wikipedia. Gardner told Haaretz that she is "quite comfortable" with the mistakes on the Web site. "I know that more or less the same mistakes can be found in the New York Times," she explained.

Except that the New York Times is always sure to spin their stories in Israel's favour. Wiki, you need to toe the line, and if you make mistakes, make sure they are mistakes favourable to Israel.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/5/2009 by Beelzebubba]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Beelzebubba

About David Irving, one of my Lectures worked at the National Archive in London and would see him in there all the time researching his books, something many historians claim to do but don't at all. Just makes you think...

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I'm a little surprised at this. I've researched many members of the cabal and their interests, and a lot are very pro israel. it's not overwhelming, but it is a lot of the cabal.

Perhaps Israel should send out some notices on the megaphone software to let everyone know what wiki articles need some 'fixing'

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This of course might come as a shock to some people but the Bible says that people will eventually turn against Israel.

I personally think the Bible is simply a well crafted script for taking over the world and for centuries a core group of conspirators works hard and constantly behind the scenes to shape events towards that goal of trying to create a one wolrd government along the lines of the story put forth in the Bible.

Whether you believe in the Bible or not, either way there is likely going to come that moment when Israel is going to fall out of favor with the Christians just like the Bible says.

Whether it's the New World Order sacrificing it as a prize to fight one last grand war over that reduces the earth's human population to easier managable numbers and so traumatizes human beings in the process they clamor and demand for a 'safe' one world government with no more wars...or whether it is some mythical pagan dessert diety returning 2000 years later to seek or claim some vengence really doesn't matter.

What matters is it's destined to happen, and those that favor that the New World Order is behind it, doesn't mean the Zionists aren't in on it right with them and know that Israel is going to be sacrificed in the Grand Plan. Personally I think they have been in on the plan for 2,000 years and have voluntarily sacrificed Israel before to pull it all of, and will do so one more time to pull it all of.

Israel is going to fall out of favor and loose all its allies before it is all through, and when you look at how Israel has behaved and the Zionists have behaved since the Balfour Decleration onward their actions really truly have been conducted purposefully in a way always to ensure that in fact there would be no shortage of good reasons to shun and abandon them.

The arrogance displayed at this meeting being one of countless good examples.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by Beelzebubba

About David Irving, one of my Lectures worked at the National Archive in London and would see him in there all the time researching his books, something many historians claim to do but don't at all. Just makes you think...

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Peruvianmonk]
\

............Yeh that you might have soft spot for the ideology he proposes-admitedly distorting history does involve lengthy research-you got be careful you don't get caught out with too obvious fibs.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Israel is pathethic.

They actually have people who who scowering the internet for any and all material relating to the Jew, and reporting to the Jew overlords about how the gentile see them.

The gentile must not be allowed to speak about the Jew... at all.

... waiting for the replies telling me I'm a racist because I said "the Jew"

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

Actually you are not racist, look at these links

www.timesonline.co.uk...

www.liveleak.com...

Interesting eh?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by logician magician

Actually you are not racist, look at these links

www.timesonline.co.uk...

www.liveleak.com...

Interesting eh?

Guhhh...

I'm willing to bet that some of them are on ATS as well.

Hey guys, it just makes us think WORSE of you, and your state, when you go to these lows.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
They appear to suffer from some sort of paranoia, just don't accept any critism at all. The UN have just come out and beratted them for their actions in Gaza in particular the way the bombed UN buildings. Israel says it doesn't agree with the findings and dismisses them.

Does that make the UN anti semetic ?

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician
Israel is pathethic.

They actually have people who who scowering the internet for any and all material relating to the Jew, and reporting to the Jew overlords about how the gentile see them.

The gentile must not be allowed to speak about the Jew... at all.

... waiting for the replies telling me I'm a racist because I said "the Jew"

I am a Jew, and I am not offended by your comments, as I'm sure you would not be offended if I call you a honkie cracker, or whetever else you might be. But you are also correct, print the TRUTH! no matter how ugly it might be for some. If you don't want your dirty deeds to see the light of day, don't do the deed.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by dashen]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stewartw2

Well as my Father is Jewish i doubt that somewhat. I was just making the point that it is easy to jump on the bandwagon and accept everything that is told to us about World War 2 and the Holocaust. Much is still to be uncovered and unclassified, and much that will never be revealed. Just recently it was revealed that the British tortured hundreds of innocent or loosely connected Germans during and even after the war..warincontext.org...

No one knew about that, just question things my friend..

join