It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq insists on US leaving cities by June 30

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

BAGHDAD — Iraq's government Monday ruled out allowing U.S. combat troops to remain in Iraqi cities after the June 30 deadline for their withdrawal, despite concern that Iraqi forces cannot cope with the security challenge following a resurgence of bombings in recent weeks.

www.comcast.net...

So, Iraq wants us out by June 30? Right on the heals of our bff the UK pulling out a few weeks ago, and of course the US public opinion against the war. Hmmm.....my head hurts with all the spinning of how the Iraqi's are embarrassed to have us there fighting. Wow, I wonder will happen in Iraq.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The US should have never been in the cities.

As soon as the Iraqi military fell, the US military should have stayed over the horizon, constantly shifting, constantly moving, following an unanticipated line of approach, and thus maintaining their freedom of movement, able to dash in and hit where needed.

Telling the Iraqis to have at each other, and when they either got tired of killing, or tired of dying, to let us know and we would help.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I, personally, do not think we ever had any right to enter Iraq and I have never supported the governments actions in this regard (although I do support the US soldiers, so do not think it is a blanket attack). I just can't believe that the article's interpretation of why we are leaving.

new topics

join