It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas: City Councilman Arrested for Opposing Red Light Cameras

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

www.thenewspaper.com

Duncanville, Texas mayor silences anti-camera councilman by having him arrested.

The mayor of Duncanville, Texas had a member of the city council arrested last Tuesday for speaking out against the use of red light cameras during an official meeting. The incident took place during the discussion of whether the city should spend $59,000 to make street repairs. Mayor David Green recognized Councilman Paul Ford to speak on the contract item.

www.youtube.com...

Mayor Green's expulsion of an elected
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have to say it is not good for one man to go up against a corrupt bunch, as you see in the video.
It seems to me that the Mayor was determined to have his way, to shut Councilman Paul Ford up! Not to mention the abuse of power that this Mayor used.

I can only imagine the lawsuit Councilman Ford will have against the Mayor. Frankly, I do not care if Ford disrupted the meeting; it was obviously clears that the Mayor and his goons were happy to rob their citizens of Duncanville, Texas with their red light swindle.

www.thenewspaper.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I simply can't believe what I just read. That is unbelievable. I'd like to know on what grounds the councilman was arrested. In fact, I'd think he probably has a case for a major lawsuit that will make the mayor wish he'd not acted like such a tyrant pig.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

I'd like to know on what grounds the councilman was arrested

I am still waiting; I will be following this one closely. I would like to see this Mayor charged.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Just goes to show that people are corrupt, from the highest forms of government to the lowest. It's a wonder that none of the other members of the council spoke up... Either they're all too afraid, or they're on the same page as the mayor.

I do hope this SOB loses his life savings in a lawsuit, but he probably has all of the local judges wrapped around his finger, as well.

Frankly, this has me worried. Where could I possibly live in the country in order to avoid this kind of corruption? When I have kids someday, I want them to grow up in a world where people, including government officials, do the right thing, not in a world jaded by corruption like some futuristic cop movie.

Isolation is starting to look better and better.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
In truth the Mayor is not the only one that needs to face justice. Those police that did the arresting also need to be brought up on charges.... In fact if their city police force is that ....(I lack the right word) VILE that they would enforce the mayors illegal orders then the whole police force of Duncan needs to be addressed... The mayor that ordered the arrest , the police that did the arresting, the booking officers, and the chief of the police for allowing it all to happen, everyone involved in the council mans wrongful arrest needs to be brought up on criminal charges.....

Of course since we live in a Tyranny I doubt any action will be taken.... aside from that of the councilmans wrongful conviction.... He has commited no crime but I would bet my last dollar that he will be found guilty of something.

For the brave and the willing here is the Non emergency phone number give them a call and ask Chief Brown to resign! Let him know that shiny badges do not protect thugs!

Duncanville City Police Department
- www.duncanville.com - (972) 780-5038

[edit on 4-5-2009 by titorite]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm rather sure he was arrested / removed for being out of order.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by autsse

Well, according to the article, the mayor didn't have that authority. It would have been put to a vote to have him removed. So, it was clearly a rotten move by the mayor, and the police chief was either complicit or ignorant, neither of which is acceptable.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Watch the YouTube.

Toward the end the Mayor reads a list of rules that was presented before the council meeting took place.

The reason for these rules was apparently they have had problems with unruly outbursts and having to clear the chambers to gain control.

They were all aware of the rules in place and he chose to not follow them. He was removed, not arrested.

He will be arrested though as soon as he turns himself in. Wonder what the warrant is for.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Sorry the Mayor was out of line on this one, he decided to read some of the rules after he was able to STOP the truth from getting out Councilman Ford mouth. It also shows how underhanded the mayor really is by having the police there just incase this council member rattles their dirty little town meeting. Yeah, what I saw the Mayor do was damage control. I live in a small town in NC and believe me it is corrupt to the core I knew a councilwoman who I highly respect for doing a similar thing in fact she end up calling 20/20 and 60 min back in the early 1990s’ she got our police department investigated for corrupting. The FBI came to our little town that had already inherit a new name for its self it was called “LITTLE CHICAGO.” When the FBI was done with its investigation 6 police officers went to prison, and their was ties to the city council in some of the corruption cases. Our city council tried to hide the wrongdoing and they tried everything to get this city councilwoman kick out as city council. She was a good person and saw so mush injustice done to many times and could not get the local authorities to do anything so she had to call for outside help. Furthermore, 60 min did an hour show about the whole event, which put our dirty town on the map. This also shows there might be some bad blood between Councilman Ford, and the Mayor, however, what I see here is this Mayor is finished.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

I'm glad you got your town cleaned up. This just goes to further my point that no place on Earth is safe from evil and corruption. Maybe the next world will be better.

[edit on 5/5/2009 by LiquidLight]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Im rather sure you should read the article again because it specifies the exact rule in the city if Duncanville which specified he could NOT be removed unless first he recieved a warning and if he did not stop then the entire city council would have to vote on what to do.

The mayor violated the rules by having him ejected without holding the vote. THAT is the problem.

He is allowed by the law to speak for a maximum of 30 seconds, out of order. If he goes on longer than that and if he keeps going after a warning AND if the rest of the council agrees that he should be removed, then and ONLY THEn can he be removed legally.

Of course you would have known that had you read the article that is in the OP, a bit closer..... It is stated in plain english you know.....

Peace and love.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

In the video, it looks almost automated how the cops walk up and make their arrest in synchronicity.

Almost as if there might be some aliens in on this one...

Wonder if they're going to use the Patriot Act on this one and hold him forever without power of attorney like this guy:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Im rather sure you should read the article again because it specifies the exact rule in the city if Duncanville which specified he could NOT be removed unless first he recieved a warning and if he did not stop then the entire city council would have to vote on what to do.

The mayor violated the rules by having him ejected without holding the vote. THAT is the problem.

He is allowed by the law to speak for a maximum of 30 seconds, out of order. If he goes on longer than that and if he keeps going after a warning AND if the rest of the council agrees that he should be removed, then and ONLY THEn can he be removed legally.

Of course you would have known that had you read the article that is in the OP, a bit closer..... It is stated in plain english you know.....

Peace and love.

I'm rather sure you shouldn't go on the way you did before getting all of your facts straight.

The artcile says, and I quote,

Mayor Green's expulsion of an elected member of the city council violated standard rules of procedure. Under Robert's Rules of Order, the binding code of conduct for most municipal organizations, Green would not have any authority to have Ford removed for making off-topic comments that lasted less than thirty seconds. The use of force to remove a member is considered an extreme measure and a last resort.

Despite your illusions the section in bold *does not indicate* that those are the rules in use. This is all assumed by the author. The article ASSUMES they are operating under these rules, then draws conclusions from that. You seem to have gotten swept up in this deliberate confusion.

Watch the video again, starting at ~1:00.

"I want to let you know that earlier this evening during briefing, Mayor Green threatened me that if he told me to stop talking and I didn't, he'd have me arrested...

Ford's comments referenced an earlier, private briefing of city council members where the mayor complained that Ford had attempted to "take control" of past meetings. To stop this, Green announced that he would instruct the city manager to remove any council member who disrupted a meeting.

This guy knew exactly what would happen, and continued anyhow. If you want to play the game, you gotta play by the rules.

Good night, and good luck.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by autsse

Heil, Komrad Autsse! You said "If you want to play the game, you gotta play by the rules."

That would depend on who has the legal authority to make the rules and whether the rules being enfroced are legitimate, nein?

You can't be serious, can you? What is it that you don't understand about the status of a democratically elected city council member? Mayor Green acted beyond his authority and used his brown shirt cops to violate councilman Green's rights. The man is a petty fascist dictator. The mayor is using intimidation to silence elected officials. It amazes me that none of the other council members had the courage to protest what the mayor did to councilman Ford. The person out of order was Mayor Green. He deserves a severe penalty for what he did and maybe a year in a FEMA re-education camp.

The mayor is a traitor to the basic principles of how local government is supposed to operate in the USA. Mr. Ford is an elected official. It is his duty and right to express his position regarding the agenda items at city council public meetings. It appears that the mayor is imposing illegal rules of procedure to allow him to force his wishes on the council and the entire city (i.e. all the residents of the city who are being snared by the red light cameras). Mayor Green deserves no respect from anyone. He's a contemptible petty tyrant who must be exposed for what he is and deposed post haste.

Get your tongue off the jack boots, Autsse, and reclaim your brain.

[edit on 5/5/2009 by dubiousone]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
reply to post by autsse

Mayor Green acted beyond his authority.

Please back this up with fact. The mayor stated this person has repeatedly been disruptive in these meetings. The mayor cleary states that anyone acting out of order will be removed. The mayor clearly warned this person in specific what would happen if they continue this course of action. Even in the light of all of this the person decided to break the rules AGAIN which given their medical condition IMHO was very irresponsible.

Despite popular belief you can't just go on and on in one of these meetings saying and doing whatever you'd like.

Listen, you can protest if you want, give your little speeches if you want BUT you absolutely must play by the rules or face the punishment. That's how the game works. If you want to play the game you have to play by the rules. This is how civilized society works. If you want to be part of civilized society get with the program. If not please don't act shocked and outraged when the cops drag you away.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The problem with the de facto corporate states and federal gov't is that it simply undermines our Republic.

When the whims of the majority infringe on even one person, there is no justice.

We have not had true justice since JFK was murdered and Johnson returned to the vietnam agenda, the silver certificates surrendered, and since the few global corporations took control of government.

The mayor should be indicted, impeached and sentenced to a few decades of Texas' version of hard labor.

If the City is held liable for misuse of the mayors office and is forced to pay damages, maybe in the future, a half cocked elected official will think twice about using corrupt abuse of power.

I doubt it though.

Just as the Congress is wanting to investigate Bush officials over torture, siting that it is their duty and it is the law,
\this seemingly admirable probe is superficial at best.

Should this be taken seriously, there should be many in Gov't, Corporate and Market institutions who should have already been indicted for their dastardly deeds and instruments that have milked 40%-80% of working class savings and many other conspiracies that should be charged under RECO if nothing else.

Since this hasn't happened and those in question are rewarded and controlling the "fix", it is unlikely that anything will be done until Cogress is wiped clean of their bloated, pompus individual advances.

Erraticating Congress is, IMHO, the only way to bring justice back to a Republic that has been under attack by domestic terrorists in Washington for decades.

This news just blows.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
reply to post by autsse

Mayor Green acted beyond his authority.

Please back this up with fact. The mayor stated this person has repeatedly been disruptive in these meetings. The mayor cleary states that anyone acting out of order will be removed. The mayor clearly warned this person in specific what would happen if they continue this course of action. Even in the light of all of this the person decided to break the rules AGAIN which given their medical condition IMHO was very irresponsible.

Despite popular belief you can't just go on and on in one of these meetings saying and doing whatever you'd like.

Listen, you can protest if you want, give your little speeches if you want BUT you absolutely must play by the rules or face the punishment. That's how the game works. If you want to play the game you have to play by the rules. This is how civilized society works. If you want to be part of civilized society get with the program. If not please don't act shocked and outraged when the cops drag you away.

The mayor did this
the mayor said that
the mayor
blah blah blah

I haven't checked the rules of the coucil that might be the foundation of the mayors actions, but i feel that any coucil member that wants to animate their stand should not be suppressed.

Let the voters decide, not the mayor

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hell folks, this is Texas. Let them put up the damned cameras. There will be so damned many holes in them they won't be able to keep up with the repairs let alone fine anybody with them!!

Zindo

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by autsse

Councilman Ford is no less a duly elected official than the mayor is. The councilman represents his constituents. He was doing his job. The mayor is a dictator who is trying to impose rules that eliminate dissent and any expression of disagreement with his own agenda. He plainly will not tolerate hearing any voice in "his" city council hearing room that disagrees with his agenda.

You obviously failed to read the article or, if you read it, you selectively remember only those portions that you like. It's attitudes like yours that allowed Hitler to rise to a powerful position in Germany and cause the deaths of countless innocent people. Perhaps that's too strong an analogy. The problem I see with you is your tendency to think that anyone cloaked with authority, such as this mayor, can do no wrong simply because they hold a position of authority. You either cannot or refuse to see beyond that. That's a very dangerous attitude. May the jack boot of authority rest comfortably on the back of your neck!

The newspaper article posted by the OP tells us what rules of procedure apply and plainly shows that the mayor violated those rules and acted without authority.

[edit on 5/6/2009 by dubiousone]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join