It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Run on ammo causes shortage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
A few threads recently discussed ammo being taken off shelves, collected by the government, and that all new ammo must be marked with a serial number. [if someone could provide a link or citation that would be great!]

www.cnn.com...

Why would the media say all the ammo is being bought up, driven by fear?? Oh yeah... AGENDA!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The ammo shortage began when it began to look like a Democrat would win the White House. In fact, when John McCain was determined to be the Republican nominee, knowing he couldn't possibly win, the ammo rush was on.

I stocked up on brass, powder, bullets, and primers.

Even brass is hard to get now.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Wow, looks like lead is now the other precious metal.

Has anyone checked eBay for ammo?
There is probably a policy against selling this stuff.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
My particular favorite ammo is .223/5.56 for what I prefer to shoot.
(yes, I'm chambered for both)
my advice would be talk to your local merchant, I have talked to mine and they are more than willing to hold a few back for you to pick up if you show yourself to be a dependable customer.
Also worth note, buy what ever you can to use as barter, who knows what will be available in 6 weeks?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
CNN.com is running a story titled "Ammo hard to find as gun owners stock up".
www.cnn.com...

I think all this talk about gun bans and ammo shortage is a cover for something else. I have no problem getting ammo. Gun shops and sporting goods stores have lots of it. Sure, some people are going out and buying more guns and ammo. That always happens when scary news runs. But still, as far as I see, there is no shortage of guns, ammo, or Media sensationalism. How about the "gun nuts" that are still at the range shooting and wasting the precious rounds? Shouldn't they be stacking it up. It doesn't add up.

In the CNN article, a manufacturer says he is running his plant 24-7 and adding more machinery and labor. The guy actually says they are in the process of expanding their manufacturing plant. For what? To ban the stuff? Yeah, right.

What the article doesn't tell us is the caliber of ammunition that the manufacturing plant is preparing to make by the boatload.

Obama is spreading the cover story and playing the game like a chess master. I think the government is gearing up for a major ground war in some foreign country.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I think all this talk about gun bans and ammo shortage is a stunt by the
guns and ammo manufactures, by instilling fear everybody stocks up
on guns and ammo and as a result the gun industry does very well
while the rest of the country goes down the drain, however if im wrong
i cant see obama doing anything about it until the country is more financialy stable.

my tip if you have a military caliber stock up on boxer primed military ammo

buy a reloading press, sporting projectiles, a neck sizing die
and a RCBS bullet puller.

simply with the bullet puller remove the FMJ, then neck size and replace with a hunting projectile and this works out much cheaper than buying factory hunting loads BUT RMEMBER both FMJ & sporting projectile MUST weight the same and remove the de-capping pin,
but leave the expander ball in the die!

i do this with 7.62x39 steel cased military ammo.
i swap the 124.5 grain FMJ with Nosler 125 grain balistic tip with the same case, powder and primer, it works great, the bonus out in the field when you shoot multiple rounds at a hog and you can never find the brass cases in tall grass
well with steel cases you dont have that problem because steel cases are use once only because of the mercury primer.

top topics

join