It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebron James WILL BE better than Michael Jordan!!!! ????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Did you hear LJ today at his acceptance speech in Akron Ohio?????

Wow!!!!

What a wise 24 yr old, huh?

He understands...that none of us...get where we are without HELP!!!!!!

Thoughts, ATS-ers????

OT

PS: Just heard LJ got 109 out of 121 Sports-writers votes for the league MVP.....

[edit on 4-5-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
No disrespect to MJ, because he is a legend, but LJ is doing more with less than MJ ever did. Given the age LJ turned pro and almost immediately started being a force, his career stats, barring injury, will surpass MJ's.

That being said, MJ's got 6 (or 7.......forget exactly) rings. Interesting argument.

Peace

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

That being said, MJ's got 6 (or 7.......forget exactly) rings. Interesting argument.

DOC!

Yes...

MJ's got 6!!!!!

Hav's got 8....

Lebron's got some work to do, fo sho!!!!

OT

PS: Glad you joined the thread.....

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
No disrespect to MJ, because he is a legend, but LJ is doing more with less than MJ ever did.....

so true!!!!!!

others will see after LJ wins a few championships....

OT

ps: it will take some time....

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I agree. If he stays healthy, I think he'll do better than Mike. He just needs to win some championships.

I love watching him play. He looks effortless when he makes those amazing plays. And when he talks after the games he sounds like he's been playing much longer than he has.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba0351300035.jpg[/atsimg]

Glad I got to see him during his first MVP season. Looking forward to seeing him again next year when he's around here.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
I agree. If he stays healthy, I think he'll do better than Mike. He just needs to win some championships.

I love watching him play. He looks effortless when he makes those amazing plays. And when he talks after the games he sounds like he's been playing much longer than he has.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba0351300035.jpg[/atsimg]

Glad I got to see him during his first MVP season. Looking forward to seeing him again next year when he's around here.

nice pic! thx

99 to 72 tonight on the Hawks...

Game 1 done...

OT

PS: Lakers and Celtics LOSE game 1?????

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

No. I just can't buy it. Maybe it'll come to be but I don't see the killer instinct like Jordan had.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony

No. I just can't buy it. Maybe it'll come to be but I don't see the killer instinct like Jordan had.

Did you get a chance to catch last nights game?

If LJ wins it all you owe OT a budlight ok?

OT

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Let's not get ahead ourselves, he has to win SIX to match Mike. One means nothing.

Plus, James has never had to go through something like Pat Riley's Knick's(thugs) of the nineties. The competition has faded in my eyes.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Let's not get ahead ourselves, he has to win SIX to match Mike. One means nothing.

Plus, James has never had to go through something like Pat Riley's Knick's(thugs) of the nineties. The competition has faded in my eyes.

ok Farve...one

ok Marino...none

LJ is only 24!!!!!!!

MJ was fours yrs older....at his first.

OT

PS I'll take 47, 12, 8 anyday!!!!!!!

PSS: u forget the BUDLIGHT?

[edit on 10-5-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
You can't really compare age, MJ went to college. He was older when he joined the Association.

Not sure what to make of the Favre/Marino reference. Not the same with MJ/LBJ.

There is no guarantee the Cavs will win it all. There are still two rounds left and the competition might actually show up then.

Anyway, why would I bet a crappy BudLight? What do I get if you lose? I don't drink anymore so that's out. Why you want a BL is beyond me anyway. Just gross. Drink a Guinness, Paulaner, Newcastle, Warsteiner, a freakin' Michelob FFS!, anything, other than American piss water.

Lack of good beer knowledge, minus three and a half gold stars.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Ask Karl Malone and John Stockton if one means nothing. How about Charles Barkley, Ewing, Wilkins, Miller, Maravich, or English? Those greats didn't win a single one.

But then throw in guys like Scottie Pippen and Robert Horry... They have 13 rings between them. Are they better than Lebron? Jordan still needs one more to match Horry. So that means Horry is the better player right?

LeBron has little to no help. Give him Pippen and Rodman and let's see how many Rings he'd get. Basically, I don't think you can truly judge someone's skill based on how many rings they have.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I would think that he would have a better chance of being better than MJ if he didn't build his legacy trying to BE MJ. Stop wearing MJ's number. Stop with the pre-game theatrics. Play hard and succeed as your own person.

FWIW, I really don't care for Lebron primarily for the reasons I mentioned.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkHelmet

But the question is LBJ Vs. Mike, not the others. Those players are not relevant to the debate. LBJ isn't at MJ's level, yet.

I'm not saying LBJ sucks, he just doesn't have the killer instinct IMO. MJ had it, big time. You could see it in his eyes when he took a game over.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by OldThinker

I would think that he would have a better chance of being better than MJ if he didn't build his legacy trying to BE MJ. Stop wearing MJ's number. Stop with the pre-game theatrics. Play hard and succeed as your own person.

FWIW, I really don't care for Lebron primarily for the reasons I mentioned.

Karl, great points...I hear you...focus on winning exclusively...I'm watching kobe and mellow now...good game!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
LeBron has little to no help. Give him Pippen and Rodman and let's see how many Rings he'd get. Basically, I don't think you can truly judge someone's skill based on how many rings they have.

Yeah LBJ would have at least 6 RINGS with good help....time will tell huh?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
How about that shot. Goddamn.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
How about that shot. Goddamn.

it was sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The shot that saved CLE!

OT

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
there is no question in my mind that LJ will be better than MJ,just based on his age and athletic ability he's a match-up problem for any team. he' s been in the league for 6 years and 4 of them he's scored 2,000 points, had 500 rebounds, and 500 assists, i seen this on espn last week, and i think they said MJ and Larry Bird only did it 2 or 3 times there entire career, so thats saying alot right there. the real question is will he win as many campionships

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Mike - 6
Lebron - 0

posted on 5/10/2009 at 11:10 PM by TheLoony...............There is no guarantee the Cavs will win it all. There are still two rounds left and the competition might actually show up then.

Just like in real life, no one ever listens to me. I'm not trying to be Mr. I Told You So, but I told you so.

Shaq w/ Wade or Kobe but not in Orlando. Duncan w/ Robinson, then later Ginobli & Parker. Hakeem w/ Drexler. Jordan w/ Pippen. Bird w/ Parrish & McHale. Magic w/ Kareem. It's almost always takes two guys. Even Stockton & Malone couldn't get by Jordan & Pippen - mostly Jordan LOL!

James has no help. His team stinks. He cannot do it all, he needs a superstar to play with him, his right-hand man, so to speak. The Cavs are, IMO, seriously in jeopardy of losing him next year to free agency. I don't know if he really will go to N.Y. as the speculation has him going there already, but if they do nothing, get no one to help, he will bolt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join