It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could you live in a commune?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xFey_Scarlettx
reply to post by uk today

Aaaah I see! So that's a u2u! Cheers sweet!

Oh I'm sure it'd be a total drop out paradise of course, we just need the right mix of peeps!

Oh, I have very green fingers too! Get me growing anything and everything!

Yep, green fingers are cool sweetie

I'm sure we can find you lots of things to grow !!

And just to set the mood for our new venture.......

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Haha growing up my parents always called me a little hipster

In fact, now, even though I'm 29 they still do! I guess they kinda grew up in that wave of wowness!

And monkey see, monkey do!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
btw just edited my last post to add

Seriously though i think i really would like to someday just slip away from the "fast lane" and live a nice relaxing happy and more importantly spiritual life.

Do i sound like a hippy??

reply to post by xFey_Scarlettx

And believe me, mine will be calling me a hippy for as long as they are alive on this earth, trust me lol

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Hehe right on sweet!

All we need's a sunny afternoon of course!
Just to really get in the mood for this glorious enterprise!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Yeah baby, you sound like a hippy

But could you really drop out of society, cos it sure would have many complications ???
It would be uber rewarding but also uber hard work as well !!

We're talking about leaving all the trappings of materialism behind and it won't be easy..........

But I'm game....

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

That's great to hear!

We must be a dying breed, like there's all those out there who buy into the whole 'greenwash' thing, they just sell out...

People need to get the whole self reliance thing y'know, off grid, self sufficient, HAPPY!!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Yeah baby, you sound like a hippy

Goooooood!!

.....Well I can admit that complete separation from your materialistic world would be hard especially for well over 50% of the population atthe very least IMO but personally I think people are much happier without all the materialistic "stuff" they have.

They become 100% themselves and not something that society agrees with or doesn’t frown upon etc.

.....Wow seriously how much of a HUGE hippy do I sound like tonight

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Hey, you did it !!
Your first vid

Wow, lazin on a sunny afternoon, playin guitar, the sounds of Mother Nature around us !!

I want to do this !!
Oh, and the food we grow will be organic n stuff, no nasty evil chemicals!!
I'm really feelin this.....

Peace n love xxx

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

A dying breed that's dying everyday

and i agree, off the grid = Happy soul!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Hehe yeah the youtube thing was easy!

See, you've got exactly the right idea! Of course as I work in a whole foods shop, I know just how important organics are! But to acutally do it would be so sweet!

I'm limited to growing herbs on a windowsill, oh and the odd chilli too!

Peace n love right back to ya hon!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Hey HUGE hippy !!

You sound just fine to me baby, I just detest the way society has become obsessed with working the treadmill to buy crap that no-one really needs !

All we need is food, shelter, music of course, warmth and the most important thing....LOVE !!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Oh tell me about it!! Goddam the rat race!

I may have been on this lil blue planet nearly 30 years, but I've seen enough to know what's right and wrong.. LOVE is the key, not greed, riches, trinkets...

We could be apemen!

[edit on 25-2-2010 by xFey_Scarlettx]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Well we were all Apemen at one time on the ol' timeloop !!

Wonder if they were happier ????
Mmmm, a life without technology, no mobiles, no 9-5 sh*t , just pure survival ???

Wow, think this hippy is calling it a day and going to dream sweet dreams of life in the commune

Peace n lurve sweetie x

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Haha ironicaly I've gotta be up to open the shop tomoz so guess I'd better turn in soon myself!

Take care friend!

Loadsa peace n love to you too!
x

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I Agree!

The best things in life don't come with a receipt

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Hey hippies

Anyone else want to reserve a place at our love shack commune ???

C'mon now people we've got to work together........

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I have heard of very successful communes when they are well planned out. IN fact, I met a woman one day who had just moved out of one, her husband got transferred so she didn't have a choice. She sorely missed it and said it was a wonderful way of living. I have dabbled with the idea once or twice myself. I think it would be a superb way of raising children.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Many of the communes of the 60s ended up being disasters. If you really delved into it, it hurt a lot of people. I think some even died.

A more modern commune is the way to go, it can at least have some people bringing income in, unless you can find a fail safe way to bring in enough income. With some income, they had a few modern conveinances. So it kinda meets in the middle.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

You raise some very interesting points baby.....a commune has got to be a more spiritual, rewarding place to bring up children that's for sure !!
To teach them the true values in life, the simple pleasures, stuff like the appreciation and beauty of Mother Earth.....remove all the pressures of capitalism hell away from them.
But I guess the question would be kinda how far would you go to shield them from outside pressures??? Would they inevitably be influenced by the materialistic lifestyle that they would encounter away from the commune ???

The idea of certain members working as well is interesting, Mmmm, well I guess it would'nt be an ideal vision cos the real "drop-out" "up yours establishment" is what a wannabee hippy dreams of !!

But yeah, it would certainly maybe be an answer if we needed extra funds n stuff......

Mmmm, well I guess we'd kinda need Broadband.......
and a mobile.........

Sorry just got a bit side-tracked there baby !! :shk: :shk:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I've thought on this before myself uk, I love the idea! it's very appealing and to get away from all the headache's would be just amazing!

Saying that though, as much as I dislike modern life and it's pressures, I have come to love some modern convenience's and there are certain thing that make me happy that I have no idea how I would be without! i'm such a boy

I do love the idea though, but as usual I can't have my cake and eat it
another six years when I hit 30 and I reckon i'd have less reservations and be willing to give up my boyish pleasures!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join