It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could you live in a commune?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by xFey_Scarlettx

Well first of all welcome to BTS

Oh wow, I thought this thread was dead n buried !!
I'd really love to pursue the commune idea, but at the moment as my life stands, ANYWHERE to live would be cool !!

I just love the concept of a lifestyle where you can pursue your own interests but also have a community spirit surrounding you, become totally self-sufficient and basically just drop out of the capitalist system that I find pretty destructive to the soul

The church idea is still my favourite but its all down to that capitalist root of all evil.....MONEY !!

And of course meeting up and connecting with like minded people that you know you could live happily alongside....

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Oh god tell me about it! Damn MONEY!!

I thought when I moved here to Cumbria that there'd be loads of like minded out-there folk who'd be up for this sorta thing, but I just ended up in a health food shop!

How do you think you would go about it? Like find some rundown thing and make it amazing?

Wow, would take like LOADS of work...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Cumbria is a beautiful place, I just love driving over Hardknott and Wrynose passes on a hot summers day....just AWESOME !!
But no wheels at the mo

I guess a place like Cumbria though is pretty expensive to live and attracts a lot of wealthy " I'm alright " types !!
The last thing people like that would want is to get their hands dirty or drop out from the system that probably made them VERY wealthy !!

The problem as well is, even if I could find a church or neglected building that needed some serious TLC, builders or whatever would probably snap it up for the land and build some delightful ( not!! ) luxury executive apartments

Nice to meet you babes, its good to know other like minded peeps are out there

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Oh Hardknott and Wrynose passes are GORGEOUS! I've a friend who takes me out on her motorbike around there.. Just wowzers!

You'd think that of Cumbria, like well-to-do folks clogging it up, but there's loads of outta the way places that the hipsters still cling to - on the crags and stuff!

The closest I've seen to a real proper commune was a couplea years ago in Devon in the forest... God that was incredible!

Great to know you too uk today! BTW, that's such a sexy avatar you've got there hun! You make that yourself?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Oh WOW !! Bet its just amazing doing that drive on a bike....I'm soooo jealous !!

Weird you mentioned a forest, cos its always been my dream to drop out and live somewhere like that...
I'm pretty hippy minded, into nature in a big way, oh I even read the pagan tarot n stuff !!

Oh, it was a close friend who did the ave, I'm kinda useless !!

p.s have added you to friends.....

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Oh yeah the Forest was soooo cool! Like everyone's happy and free, they live with the woods, use it for houses, big veggie patch in the clearings!

Ragamuffin kids too! They were too cute!

I mean, it's nothing like what you've put forward here, but both can work!

You've added me as a friend? Aaaw that's so sweet thanks! I'll have to do the same for you!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Actually I think I like the forest idea better than the church in a way ??
Mmmm, would be kinda cool to construct a property from scratch and watch its progress unfold on a daily basis......

It would sure be a massive undertaking but the results would be just WOW !!
Imagine waking up on a morning to birdsong and the peace and beauty of nature all around.....WOW !!

Do you have any chldren babes ??
I've got a teenage daughter, but she's pretty materialistic :shk:
Don't think an abode in the woods would really be her bag !!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Imagine waking up on a morning to birdsong and the peace and beauty of nature all around.....WOW !!

Wow that's just a brilliant image! You wouldn't even care what time it was either!

Yeah I love the whole forest village idea.. The peeps I visited can knock up a house for 2 in like a week! Obviously the inside evolves with whos living in there, but it's just so organic!

You've got a daughter? Sweet, but shame she doesn't exactly follow in mum's footsteps

No, I don't have any kids, I never really settle much, so it's just a real tricky option..

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Well I'm pretty unsettled at the mo, just in the painful process of a relationship break-up and have like NO IDEA where to move to or whether to stay here in North Yorkshire ??

I just want to "find myself" if ya know what I mean ??
I'm certainly not in any hurry to meet another man !!

If it happens it happens, but it would be cool to just spend some time with my mates and let relationships take a back seat for a while ......

Oh, yeah you may come across my matchmaking thread, Ooooops, it was a good idea at the time !!
:loL:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Oh I'm real sorry to hear that hon, I guess some can just be real douchebags when they want to, and even when they don't they just are!! :shk:

But I'm sure you'll find someone extra special, who really cares, who'd do anything for you!

Good people still exist, they're just rare..

Wow, I'm so glad I found this thread! Some great ideas been shouted up there, makes it all seem kinda possible eh?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Aaaw, thanks for that sweetie x

Oh, I'm sure I'll meet someone special in time but I've kinda had enough of men for the time being !!
:bash:

I would really love to get this commune project up and running but as you say, it would be a MAJOR undertaking on all levels....
Hey, shall I sign you up as a possible commune buddy ??

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Oh yeah sign me right up!

You've NO idea how long I've thought about this sort of thing on and off!

Seems like there's been interest from other UK members too, but no doubt they've kinda forgotten about this thread..

Oh yeah, just looked at your matchmaking thread... Wow..... How many pages?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Yeah, actually thanks for resurrecting this thread cos it might generate some interest from peeps who missed it first time round

If you're ever in the area, I live nr Leeds, u2u me and maybe we could have a chat over coffee or something ??
Run a few ideas past each other on how this commune dream could maybe become a reality yeah ??

The more, the merrier if anyone else is interested...

Oh and if you want matchmakin up you know where to come sweetie !!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Ok, not too far off either, that's cool! Looks like I've found a new buddy, cheers sweetie!

There must be a few peeps around who'd like to put this into swing!

Oh, what's a u2u? This is all real new to me and I'm a bit of a ditz when it comes to these websites!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Hey new buddy

A u2u is a private message, not sure how many posts you need to do but I think its about 20 to be able to access it ??
I'll message you with the details babes, you'll see the u2u button lit up at the top to let you know when you've got new messages

We'll soon be living the dream sweetie, drop out Paradise ( Or hell !! )

I'll look after the chickens n veggie plot....I bagsy that one !!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today
I've been thinking for a while now that it would be great just to completely "drop out".
To move away from the materialistic to a more simplistic lifestyle.
My dream would be to buy and renovate a really old building in need of some serious TLC. Maybe an old church?
Then to become totally self- sufficient and live with other like- minded people.
I know it sounds a bit hippy and trippy but in these uncertain times it also seems very appealing.
No more rat race, no more modern living pressures. Just freedom to truly express myself, I love the idea in theory.
Am I just being naive? Any thoughts on this people?

My god how much do i want to do all of this!!

Would be so amazing to just slip away and live life like (IMO) how we are supposed to.

I know it sounds a bit hippy and trippy

Errr i thought we was all hippies!!

Well I am anyway.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Hey hippy dude

How's life in sunny Doncaster ??

Okaaaaay, so that's 3 of us aboard the drop out train !!
Oh, do you have any skills baby, like being a carpenter or anythin ??
A builder would be like AWESOME !!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Yaaaaay! There's another one!

Hope you can do DIY, I can do a little, but don't ask me to build a house!

Hehehe yay for hippies! Let those other money grabbers have their selfish fun..

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Aaaah I see! So that's a u2u! Cheers sweet!

Oh I'm sure it'd be a total drop out paradise of course, we just need the right mix of peeps!

Oh, I have very green fingers too! Get me growing anything and everything!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
LOL even my parents call me a hippy now
lol

and Sunny! Where?!?!

Nope being 17 all i have is a disregard for modern society and a boat load of alcohol to contribute with.

Seriously though i think i really would like to someday just slip away from the "fast lane" and live a nice relaxing happy and more importantly spiritual life.

Do i sound like a hippy??

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Rising Against]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join