It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cryonics Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

The Cryonics Conspiracy

www.--.com

Picture this: The wealthiest guy in your town or city passes away due to either illness or old age. In the following days his funeral takes place and grieving relatives are seen following his coffin. They weep as the coffin is lowered to the ground and covered in dirt: only there is no body in the coffin.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Cryonics is the low-temperature preservation of humans and animals that can no longer be sustained by contemporary medicine until resuscitation may be possible in the future. Currently, human cryopreservation is not reversible, which means that it is not currently possible to bring people out of cryopreservation. The rationale for cryonics is that people who are considered dead by the current legal or medical definitions will not necessarily be dead by future standards—the most stringent standard being the information-theoretic definition of death[1]; and that such people could be brought out of cryopreservation in the future.

In the United States, cryonics can only be legally performed on humans after they have been pronounced legally dead.

The word cryonics is derived from the Greek word κρύος (kryos), meaning cold.[2] Note that "cryonics" is often mistaken for the concept of suspended animation.

Cryonics is not a panacea for future immortality. Cryonics advocates point out that prognosis for cryonics patients is variable, with braindead patients having little chance of meaningful recovery even with foreseeable cryonics technology, while patients who are vitrified immediately after irreversible cardiac arrest is ascertained would fare the best. Most proponents of cryonics see it as a speculative medical technology, no different in principle from the defibrillator or advanced cardiac life support.

www.--.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Heh, I'm not sure if I'd prefer that or some kind of chamber that can be launched into space (with some basic automatic propulsion etc to dodge various gravities) and hope some alien spieces some years in the future pick me up and and do something. :p

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Exactly how is this a conspiracy? Some people die and get frozen. Its been happening for years. They froze Walt Disney and Ted Williams head. Its just more proof that a sucker and his money will soon part, but its not a conspiracy.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

I think the term 'The Cryonics Conspiracy' is used by parlour workers-obviously its no real conspiracy.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AR154

Look, the technology isnt new....Eskimoes have been doing it for centuries.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
yeah, this is nothing new.

it does surprise me that people actually buying into this garbage.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thres a lot going on at the moment exposing the scams

See Here: www.cryonicsfactsheet.co.uk... - cryomedical.blogspot.com... and Here: www.museumofhoaxes.com...

No Joke: Vampire Pyramid Schemes, Satanic Abuse, freeky sex scandals, Cults - all sorts of weird stuff.

I don't believe for a second that persons referring new clients and acquiring new contracts for the Cryonics Institute do not receive any compensation for their referral.
Insurance policies do not sell just sell themselves, they require agents(salesmen) who promote the service to potential clients.
To assume that those in the ToV who convince junior members to sign up for cryonics do not get compensated for doing so, is just plain stupid.

"They're almost all atheists. Oh, and Cryonics Institute elects its governing group by general vote and details its finances to its members every quarter, so if it funnels money to TOV then most cryonicists in Cryonics Institute would have to be in on it"

join