It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mission Impossible: The Code Even the CIA Can't Crack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Link

The most celebrated inscription at the Central Intelligence Agency's headquarters in Langley, Virginia, used to be the biblical phrase chiseled into marble in the main lobby: "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." But in recent years, another text has been the subject of intense scrutiny inside the Company and out: 865 characters of seeming gibberish, punched out of half-inch-thick copper in a courtyard.

Almost 20 years after its dedication, the text has yet to be fully deciphered. A bleary-eyed global community of self-styled cryptanalysts—along with some of the agency's own staffers—has seen three of its four sections solved, revealing evocative prose that only makes the puzzle more confusing. Still uncracked are the 97 characters of the fourth part (known as K4 in Kryptos-speak). And the longer the deadlock continues, the crazier people get.

Not sure what it could mean. some rude form of Hieroglephics sp? Some Mathematical equation? Anyone have a idea?

Link

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_Wii

Who wrote this and what does the part that has been broken say, I have never heard of this could you give more info on this.

Sorry missed link " I see said the blind man to his deaf wife "

[edit on 4-5-2009 by googolplex]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I challenge anyone to crack this code without the key...

My Thread got locked before the string ... here you go...

Romeo Juliet Zulu Hotel Oscar Bravo

UTR9M 5409 LN2

HH7J1 N7UDC VG8DW FL7IA OHNY1

And that be Check Mate...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
HH7J1 N7UDC VG8DW FL7IA OHNY1

i googled ONHY1.

www.nature.com...

Maybe it has something to do with an amino acid?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Why... just why?

It's crazy that the CIA would even have a statue like this...

Just to challenge it's employee's?

Wow...

9 ft and 11 inches tall huh?

Maybe people should factor that into their equation.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
i typed in OHNY1 and i got this: Cells of haploid strains, OHNY1 im not to sure what it means but thats what i got
this puzzle is making me mad i dont know what this is and dont mind my spelling

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
well on some extended research i found this on the kryptos i dont know if its any help but this might be somthing useful The ciphertext on one half of the main sculpture contains 869 characters in total, however Sanborn released information in April 2006 stating that an intended letter on the main half of Kryptos was missing. This would bring the total number of characters to 870 on the main portion. The other half of the sculpture comprises a Vigenère encryption tableau, comprising 869 characters, if spaces are counted. Sanborn worked with a retiring CIA employee named Ed Scheidt, Chairman of the CIA Cryptographic Center, to come up with the cryptographic systems used on the sculpture. Sanborn has since revealed that the sculpture contains a riddle within a riddle which will be solvable only after the four encrypted passages have been decrypted. He said that he gave the complete solution at the time of the sculpture's dedication to CIA director William H. Webster. However, in an interview for wired.com in January 2005, Sanborn said that he had not given Webster the entire solution. He did, however, confirm that where in part 2 it says "Who knows the exact location? Only WW," that "WW" was intended to refer to William Webster.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
and one last thing i dont understand is i keep trying to search the code but all i keep getting is things on liquid nitrogen and liquid nitrogen freezers i dont know whats up with that but hey it could b somthing

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
on further research i put nitrogen and the cells of haploid strains and i got this site check it out see if it has things to do with it
www.genetics.org...

im not sure but every time i type a part of the equation in it keeps giving me like cell parts and liquid nitrogen

new topics

top topics

join