It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens or Demonic Incarnations

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dlbrandt
Acidhead
Thanks for responding lets keep this discussion going, hopefully without the name calling. Although John 15:18 talks about this name calling and hatred toward those who follow Christ. First, I hope I have made clear that there is no other God but Jesus Christ. As far as comparing what mankind would do to what God would do, it can't be done, Isaiah 55:8 tells us that God's ways and thoughts are not the same as man's. You also keep saying that God can't fix the world's problems. Just because he's not fixing them according to your timetable and the way you would doesn't mean He's not going to. Check out Revelation chapters 20-22. I thought of a couple of cool things in the Bible for anyone to look at. Read Isaiah 30:25 as your thinking about September 11th. Also in the Bible in the book of Daniel it talks about a curse that is poured out on Israel because the refuse to obey and follow God and His ways. The word for curse in Hebrew is "alah". If you keep track of current events Israel has been having alot of this "alah" curse poured out on them for several decades. Even the United States got a taste of this "alah" curse on 9/11. And I forgot to mention, you can read about this curse in Daniel 9:11, coincidence, not to me!

sorry , it wasnt a direct stab at you , it was in general about people who can walk away from someone who has hurt their children

also , the bible isnt an encyclopedia to me , its a book , what it says in it holds no relevence to the existance of god. i see the bible not as a factual frame of events but more of a collection of stories that have symbolic meanings but based around the events of the day.
basically meaning , proving something by using verses out of the bible is like me proving faster than light travel is possible because i quote you a line from star wars

[edit on 9-6-2004 by acidhead]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
dlbrandt: God said he did all of this "for his own good pleasure". What should one make of that?

I went to my concordance and looked up the word pleasure for this reference. It has these meanings1. determination 2. choice 3. purpose 4. decree 5. volition 6. inclination 7.desire 8.pleasure 9. will It also comes from another word of which some meanings are 1. to delight in 2.desire 3.love

It appears God wanted us around, because He loves us, desires us. It was a choice He made. He has a purpose for it.

I have been putting posts on 4 or 5 topics, so if I put an answer here that belongs to another topic, sorry. The ones who are saying this verse are the members of the church past, present and future who we see for the first time in heaven after having been raptured before the tribulation begins. They will speak again in Rev. 5:8-11. Both times we are praising and thanking God for what He has done for us. When we get to heaven and see Him, trials and heartaches of the past will begin to fade away. I say begin because God tells us that He will wipe away all tears from our eyes.(Rev7:17 and 21:4) I've had and am experiencing trials and heartaches but that is no reason to believe there is no God or if there is He doesn't know what He's doing. As far as evidence that there is a God. One of the greatest evidences for God is a changed life.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyateLaBoca
I think that Religions may interpret them as demonic incarnations becuase of what they supposedly do and what their motives are(if they are bad). But in a logical sense, they are just aliens to me. I dont think that demons have fancy space ships with knowledge beyond our own. A demon to me is a savage with lust for murder. Its hard to imagine advanced barbarians.

Just throwing stuff out there:

Yes there are aliens. But let me ask you,
What's the best way to get at/kill/destroy your enemy?

Befriend them first.
What would you more likely befriend, a demon or alien?
An alien of course. They (demons) know that and would use that against us. Why is it hard to believe they are more intelligent than us? They have been around for countless years, why wouldn't they have more knowledge than us?

In Revelation is says Satan and his angels are cast onto the earth. Now if you were the great deciever, in order to decieve the most people and get them on your side, how would you show yourself? As an alien or demon?

They have come and interacted with human before:
Genisis 6:4
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

They'll do it again.

Like I said before, just throwing some (not necessarily new) stuff out there

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
That verse you mention could just as easily be the evidence needed to show that there was a prior creation already here on earth before us. It may not even be alien. Who's to say that we aren't the aliens? I've been formulating a theory on that for some time now, and I think I have some evidence to support that.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
o.k....so if an Alien appears.....Rebuke it in the name of The Lord Jesus Chirst & Command it to go.

When it stays, you'll know Aliens are not Demons.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyspiritguide
o.k....so if an Alien appears.....Rebuke it in the name of The Lord Jesus Chirst & Command it to go.

When it stays, you'll know Aliens are not Demons.

Yup, that'll work. Or you could just grab the baseball bat beside your bed and smack it across the head. If it drops and doesn't disappear, you know it's real, and not likely a demon.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Yup, that'll work. Or you could just grab the baseball bat beside your bed and smack it across the head. If it drops and doesn't disappear, you know it's real, and not likely a demon.

That works too....

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I guess I never want to get that close to either. But I do believe they are demonic incarnations. If they were aliens, they would have made undisputed contact long ago.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If this has been covered already on this thread then ignore pls!

Aliens or Demons??

Positive proof in the bible of "ET's" and creatures "falling from heaven."
Involves Giants, Angels marrying women etc. Legends of old. Search net for "giants" "book of the giants" "book of enoch" read Genesis, the bit right before the flood! All the ancient myths..like Hercules..the Titans etc. Are they just stories or did they happen in some way? There is alwas some form of truth in myths, especially the ancient ones...there must have been something grounded in fact that produced the stories. Theres a place in Israel..i dont know the Hebrew name for it but in english it means "where they fell from heaven." Aliens from another planet? I dunno, more likely some form of creature from another dimension, the spirit realm??

99.9% of people who have seen or had contact with aliens have had an above normal level of involvement in the occult.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
*sigh* I have been upclose & personal with inhuman spirits while doing parapsychology. I have survived intact, without suffering "possession", or any deep side-effects.

The only injury I ever sustained during an encounter with an inhuman spirit, is I was "bitten" on the arm. Deep, black, blue & green puncture marks, with clear teeth indentations.

I was also physically ill for days, after being bitten.

Was it a demon? No, an inhuman spirit, IMO

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyspiritguide
*sigh* I have been upclose & personal with inhuman spirits while doing parapsychology. I have survived intact, without suffering "possession", or any deep side-effects.

The only injury I ever sustained during an encounter with an inhuman spirit, is I was "bitten" on the arm. Deep, black, blue & green puncture marks, with clear teeth indentations.

I was also physically ill for days, after being bitten.

Was it a demon? No, an inhuman spirit, IMO

you was bitten ?

was it invisible the thing that bit you ?

did it leave teeth marks ?

did u go to your doctor?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Did you get a picture of it? Can we see it if you did? Cause I have this nagging feeling that I know the guy you're talking about, and ya, he is pretty inhuman sometimes. Just throw a steak at him, and he'll shut right up.

If not, did ya hit it over the head with a baseball bat to be sure it was real?

Sorry for my sarcasm, it's just "inhuman"? Wtf is inhuman? Either it's demonic or it aint, there aren't any two ways about it. Which was it?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
LSG,
How do you discern the difference between a demonic incarnation and an inhuman spirit.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Good question, Maybe LadySpiritGuide hasn't checked the thread recently.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
LadySpiritGuide talked of the difference between inhuman spirits and demonic incarnations. She hasn't been back to explain further, anyone else want to take a crack at it?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
LadySpiritGuide talked of the difference between inhuman spirits and demonic incarnations. She hasn't been back to explain further, anyone else want to take a crack at it?

Umm, that's she realized that we were not buying the load of garbage that she was projecting, so she left?? That's my take on it anyway.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Given a bunch of postings on proofs of aliens or God, maybe this thread should come up for discussion again.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Yes there are aliens. But let me ask you,
What's the best way to get at/kill/destroy your enemy?

Befriend them first.

In Revelation is says Satan and his angels are cast onto the earth. Now if you were the great deciever, in order to decieve the most people and get them on your side, how would you show yourself? As an alien or demon?

They'll do it again.

I totally agree.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I don't think Satan or 'his' demons will disguise themselves as aliens just to befriend us and lead us astray. That is if he does exist. He was probably invented just to be a symbol that embodies the evil in us or that can exist.

I think E.T's & Demons/Spirits are two completely different things.

E.T just denotes other physical beings like ourselves who are just as intelligent if not more. There's nothing magical about them they are made out of bone and flesh are self aware and have the ability to learn, gain knowledge and most importantly CREATE.

Demons/Spirits are entities that still exist, that are the continuation of a being that once lived on a physical plane just like Earth. So you could say the consciousness of a once living physical being is alive through a different form. I also believe that when we die what people will term as 'heaven' is actually another dimension where all beings go when their physical bodies have died.

That my personal belief and i do think the bible is not a book of facts or encyclopedia as some said, bu rather a collection of good stories that may have been written to describe POSSIBLE things that happened to them at the time. I.e Alien visitation or any other type of event that they couldn't explain at the time.

So you could say the Bible is an analogy of what happened back then.

Anyway that's my take on the whole Alien/Demon concept. You probably won't agree but that's fine, we all have our own ideas on the subject. Which is a good thing that spurs healthy debate.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I don't think the issue is Satan needing to take on alien form but rather, that all aliens are demonic in a effort to confuse and mislead people.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join