It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens or Demonic Incarnations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Well, the nice thing for me, is that I believe if I ever was confronted with a "demon" I would have the ability to feel its evilness. I have never had such an encounter with either an alien or demon, that I can tell. If I met an alien, and got that certain feeling of evil, I would probibly change my mind...
LOL

I have met people that had that evil feeling to them, so often wonder what they truely are, but hold no opinion cause I can't be certain. I would be much quicker to judge an alien a demon, than another human being, cause humans in themselves can be quite evil sometimes.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
DB,
I agree with you, but Paraclete does make a good point about distracting us.
CS

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paraclete
By making us think that perhaps God does not exist.

I think thousands of suck ass christians can do a much better job of that then a few alien sightings, don't you?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I agree a thousand bad Christians could do that but, that wouldn't necessarily cause people to lose their belief. The alien thing, it's possible. Besides any good military commander launches a multiple offensive in his battle.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
------------ Originally posted by Paraclete ------------
I agree a thousand bad Christians could do that but, that wouldn't necessarily cause people to lose their belief. The alien thing, it's possible. Besides any good military commander launches a multiple offensive in his battle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you feel thousands of bad Christians quite probably wouldn't have a greater effect on peoples faith than aliens?

Sorry but that's a bit lame IMO. I've seen Christians do far more damage to other Christians and non-believers than I've ever seen the belief in aliens do.

As for your good military commander comment...Lucifer was an angel, not Patton. Mankind does itself far more damage than some unseen demonic force. It's a shame humans have a problem admitting that.

[Edited on 5-24-2004 by Preest]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Preest,
I think Paraclete's point is that believing in aliens and some of the theories posted at ATS about our origin may cause some people to question God's existence. As far as thousands of bad examples, those maintaining their faith will simply recognize them forr what they are.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
Preest,
I think Paraclete's point is that believing in aliens and some of the theories posted at ATS about our origin may cause some people to question God's existence. As far as thousands of bad examples, those maintaining their faith will simply recognize them forr what they are.

I may be reaching here but...shouldn't people be less concerned with aliens and ATS theories on our origins and their impact on peoples belief in the existence of God and a bit more concerned with ever increasing drug addiction, teen pregnancy, racial tension, inner city violence, the AIDS epidemic and the dumbing down of our nations children? Wouldn't you think all of those PLUS poor Christian examples would cause alot more problems with peoples faith then ATS and a few wild theories?

Not all that are "strong" in their faith are able to just brush off poor Christian examples. Even the book of 1st Corinthians talks about the believers in Christ being stumbling blocks unto other Christians who may be weaker in faith. Being a Christian doesn't give you a 6th sense or the ability to fend off painful hypocrisy.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Preest,
I think that if more people truly practiced their faith, their faith would become stronger which in turn would cause it to be practiced even more and lived out in their daily lives. When that happens, the problems you reference will decline.

That is they will decline in frequency and they will decline because more people will focus on helping their fellow man rather than on the greed taht creates most of the world's problems.

[Edited on 5/25/2004 by CommonSense]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
the real demons are in some people's head !
only they are the cause for mayor problems they cause to other people by trying to get them also on their side just like they are the center of all know how.
avoid these so called profets,enlighted men,priests,whatever because they bring you nothing valuable but you lose your identidy to them after they
brainwashed you to THEIR belief !

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
erm logic ...

if alien life exists then it would visit here for research (obviously has to research things, space travel etc isnt grown on trees ... well maybe on a alien planet it could be but ..) they (c/w)ould come here for food , entertainment and 100's of other reasons

demons want to take your soul - i dont get this bit , there has been quite a few evil people on this earth already , how many souls do they need? why would they need souls - what is a souls use? why cant they use souls of dead ants instead ?

i think the big evil demon thing is a bit of a no brainer , sure it makes sense when you have been corrupted enough to believe any shlt religion throws at you but to think that a whole lair of evil nasty demons exists just to torment us humans is a bit beyond my logic thinking. im sure they have other more pressing things to do

so i go with the aliens obviously

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Well, I believe they want your soul to prevent you from realizing heaven for eternity. Why? Well if they're evil I think that's self-explanatory. Most western religions teach that only people have souls so ants won't be of much help. I think Satan's, or whatever you wish to it, greatest weapons are confusion and doubt.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
ok , erm , why would they give a monkeys if we go to heaven ?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I guess misery loves company. Perhaps because it's the ultimate prize in the battle of good vs evil.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
so your telling me that these "demons" where created and instantly thought "i am evil, lets fight with good" then set about an eternity against good because they decided they would put a dampers on all humans going to heaven because for some totally unknown reasoning , the demons prefared people to go to hell ?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Actually, the devil is a fallen angel who felt that he was equal with or superior to God himself. He and his minions were then banished from the presence of God. This is where the original conflict of good vs evil came from.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
now the devil afik is a fallen angel , angels dont have the same power as god so by this reasoning - god isnt as powerfull as religion makes out (he would have been able to squash a few fallen angels if he was) which brings us more to the thought that god is more of a race of alien being who isnt all powerfull.

maybe my total lack of religious teaching is my downfall and im sure ill say the odd prayer for good luck b4 i die , but it seems so senseless

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Here's a couple of links that might help on that subject.

www.scborromeo.org...
www.scborromeo.org...

CS

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Hmm, this is a funny one. I'm not sure what an alien might look like, so for the sake of logic, I'm gonna say demon. Why you ask? Because a demon can appear as anything it wants to. And honestly, does anyone know what an alien looks like? No, so it seems kind of funny to me that people could imagine such a thing being an alien. It's funny to me also that the only types of aliens anyone sees anymore are the Classic movie-created grays. Does that not strike anyone else as a wee bit odd?

Too many people watch too much TV I think...

Just my 125 cents lol.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Preest
------------ Originally posted by Paraclete ------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you feel thousands of bad Christians quite probably wouldn't have a greater effect on peoples faith than aliens?

Sorry but that's a bit lame IMO. I've seen Christians do far more damage to other Christians and non-believers than I've ever seen the belief in aliens do.

As for your good military commander comment...Lucifer was an angel, not Patton. Mankind does itself far more damage than some unseen demonic force. It's a shame humans have a problem admitting that.

[Edited on 5-24-2004 by Preest]

Please dude, Lucifer was not Satan. I really do wish people would stop taking the Bible out of context. Read the whole chapter leading up to that. The writer was speaking to a King, and comparing him to the rising star in the east, or Lucifer. Please don't do that again. This is gonna sound really cliche and all, but it was just the planet Venus man, and I'm being serious cause it really was Venus.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by acidhead
so your telling me that these "demons" where created and instantly thought "i am evil, lets fight with good" then set about an eternity against good because they decided they would put a dampers on all humans going to heaven because for some totally unknown reasoning , the demons prefared people to go to hell ?

Think of it like this. Human souls are a form of currency for demons. The more they acquire, the further up the ladder they go. Plus, whatever they can take away from God is good for them. Just my ideas...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join