It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technologically Advanced, but still just as dumb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I was watching Independence Day last night and was thinking about "advanced civilizations". It's been mentioned a few times here about if we have been visited by other life and crashing UFO's. If they are so advanced then how can they crash?

The movie kind of made me think, the part when they are all standing in the viewing chamber looking at the bodies and "DATA" (don't remember his real name) says that they are very similar to us in most aspects.

It may very well be true that their civilizations are many millenia ahead of us with regards to their technological means. But it also could be possible that they are just as dumb as the rest of us. Perhaps they have found greater knowledge as far as how life is created and the obvious gain in how the elements work. But we could be in the same position as them while still maintaining our ignornace.

Just because a civilization has flying saucers and ray guns doesn't mean they don't still slip in the shower.

Thoughts?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This is probably very true. Human beings are essentially cave men with fancy toys.
We probably only see the intelligent side of the aliens though, seeing as they're the ones piloting advanced interstellar ships and all. All the common alien folk, the human populace's intergalactic equivelant, are probably back on their planet acting as retarded as some of us.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
interesting do you think that aliens have same emotions as humans and maybe more emotons because alot of animals are not able to express emotions so manybe aliens have no emotions or a really good sense of humour lol

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tdrowe2008
interesting do you think that aliens have same emotions as humans and maybe more emotons because alot of animals are not able to express emotions so manybe aliens have no emotions or a really good sense of humour lol

Excellent question. I have often wondered about that.

They are gonna have a real hard time fitting in with humans if none of them have a sense of humor. Or even they might feel the same way when annihilating a whole planet, as me opening my beer.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Just because a being is intellectually smart, it doesn't mean it'll be emotionally or spiritually smart. So the answer is.. it's possible.

Plus everyone makes mistakes from time to time.

It's just a movie by the way, by... uh... humans. Confused and helpless beings.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
good point, thank you for the thread. I was previously so convinced that the things I saw in the sky had to have some heavenly meaning as I am feeling a huge bible/sumerian tablets ufo connection. But as they say-

"theres as many stars in the sky as grains of sand on the worlds beaches"

your point is very possible. Maybe a less information suppressed and peaceful world? United in futhering there advancement of inhabitants?

Then theres our sad planet...censored, lied to, poisoned and tricked our entire times here. Destined to fail.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DazE777

It may very well be true that their civilizations are many millenia ahead of us with regards to their technological means. But it also could be possible that they are just as dumb as the rest of us. Perhaps they have found greater knowledge as far as how life is created and the obvious gain in how the elements work. But we could be in the same position as them while still maintaining our ignornace.

Just because a civilization has flying saucers and ray guns doesn't mean they don't still slip in the shower.

I guess the easiest way to explain this is to look at nature for examples. The organisms we see are perfect for the tasks we see them do. Can you imagine monkeys holding military manuevers? No? Why not? Because it's just not possible. Their intelligence level and culture doesn't allow them to even sit in an F16. And if you could place one in the cockpit they wouldn't know what to do.

This logic shows us why we don't see "aliens" sitting in F16's.. for the same reason we don't see humans swinging from trees and beating their chests.

So if there are aliens who have access to fantastic sciences and energy sources, then they would likely have to be much more mature and organized than ourselves. Otherwise they'd probably obliterate themselves.

edit on 18-10-2010 by Scramjet76 because: spl

new topics

join