It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Youtube Channel suspended

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
The video wasn't removed for copyright,

?????
I got that from his own site. He does not deny it at all. He instead says it is wrong to do and some nonsense about how others do it so he should be able to also. He of course fails to mention the others get permission first. He then advertises his own video site. So now Jones is lying about himself?

Here ya go. Read it yourself.

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette complained that Alex Jones had shown a computer print out of one of their articles about the Poplawski cop killer incident last month.

Youtube is a private entity that has every right to decide what it allows. It is not a government owned forum. I'm sure Jones knows what copyright infringement is. He should have screened these things himself since he has taken some groupies site and endorsed it. When he did that he took liability. Had he gotten permission none of this would have happened. Perhaps he allowed it on purpose to push his own site. He even puts a link in the article.

______

That White House call is funny. He's lucky he is not looking into the eyes of the Secret Service.
He is most certainly more than a little nuts.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Jones doesn't really want to be just on smaller sites, he likes to get in there, from the belly of the beast. He also realises that YouTube is basically everything in internet video, he got 1.5M+ views on obama deception just through them alone. If he was just on a bunch of smaller sites, he might have only made 50K views or so. He's trying to get into the mainstream, and that's what YouTube is.

They probably had some fair reasons to pull his videos though, the reason why it doesn't say the company that requested removal, may be because he has reached the 3 strike warning, so they just fully suspended on that alone. He uses a lot of music on his radio show that is copywrited. On AM/FM radio, you don't have to pay to play that, but on the internet that could be different. He's also posted clips from sites/shows he doesn't own, like his appearences on C2C and Colmes. He's also been putting adverts in the videos lately, that might also be a breach of T&C

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
The video wasn't removed for copyright,

?????
I got that from his own site. He does not deny it at all. He instead says it is wrong to do and some nonsense about how others do it so he should be able to also. He of course fails to mention the others get permission first. He then advertises his own video site. So now Jones is lying about himself?

Here ya go. Read it yourself.

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette complained that Alex Jones had shown a computer print out of one of their articles about the Poplawski cop killer incident last month.

If Jones was using the article as part of a discussion, he should be well within Fair Use, almost every talk radio show relies on reading parts of news stories, and then giving their commentary.

It's pretty interesting he doesn't even mention Fair Use in the article, this is an easy shut and close case, but Jones always seems to be lacking in his legal knowledge.

[edit on 4/5/2009 by RubberBaron]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
reply to post by DohBama

Although i may have listened to him about 4 times all in all, but if he is so worried about the so called nwo or what ever else, why not host your own streaming site and be done with youtube and googletube and god knows what else.
You can see my point, on one hand he is criticizing the very structure which he is using to promote his ideology, does that not seem weird to you ?

his own site would never have the audience that youtube has, which would be reliant on google for indexing anyway, and google has made it clear that they alter search returns based on a given sites ideology.

using the propaganda tools against the ptb, and forcing the ptb to take action and silence the critique is an effective way to explose the ptb.

well, to anyone paying attention, at least... hey lookie! some guy added fart noises to an old tv show!

lolz!

know what i mean?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

LOL, well they could have done us in a long time ago if they are using the patriot act for justification. Do you really think if you are going to take over a country you go through and make a bunch of laws to allow you to do that. You take over first and then make whatever laws you want. Lets spend 20yrs making rules so we can take over... oh hell lets just take over.

The diff between me and you is that 2 years from now I will think back to this moment and laugh and 2 years from now you will still be thinking you are going to a fema camp even though you will still be free.. well as free as you can be with a mindset like yours.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Don't know if there is a conspiracy as to why the channel was suspended. Does Youtube allow to have multiple accounts? Could be the massive ranting in the comments or certain content that has been complained about.

Perhaps with the commercial side of his show and the massive bandwidth used by his clips. The people at Youtube got a little angry. Including his claims on Google/Youtube censoring his activities. Guess nobody will ever find out. Lucky he has enough backup channels and a team to upload the video clips again.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The man makes a living out of fear and gullibility.

Okay. He may instill fear into us but it is for our own good. Is it not to get us mad, be prepared and take action if necessary? Kind of like:

Alex Jones is the reason why I even started to look into conspiracies so I respect the man. I find it funny that you should state that he is making a living out of it. What is he supposed to do, if his full time job is to run his show, website, research, etc? Where would he get money to continue promoting, progressing, and sustaining his life (food, drink)???

If he thinks he is "waking" people up, then why would he stop? Perhaps he feels that is his grand purpose.

The MSM instill way more fear into everybody than if there were 10 Alex Jones, maybe even more. So to use this argument against him and is quite weak, based on the human needs of survival and purpose.

P.S. Chad, just curious, but which conspiracy theorists do you like to listen, read, or watch?

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I miss the channel already. Did someone say it was not his anyway? I thought it was weird that it was called "TheAlexJonesChannel", for "AlexJonesChannel" should have be sufficient,

At least we have the memories...

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
does anyone know more about this theory?

apparently Coast2Coast AM's George Norey claimed DMCA against 9 uploaded videos.

www.discovervancouver.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

If you dont want to hear about then why are you posting
on a conspiracey site full of crazy tin foil end of the world
loonies....

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Sure is, the main one at least. Just checked.

Probably got it on a technicality, but there are a hundred other channels posting his stuff so it's futile if there's a real agenda behind it.

Peace

Exactly! In fact, Alex, in his response, urged grassroots followers to increase their uploading of his videos. This site that was shut down was not an "official" site, YouTube has to be diligent in showing they comply with complaints of copy write infringement (whether intended or not) or face tptb's wrath, as well.

To those who resort to "tinfoil hat" arguments regarding what Alex Jones says in public, I'd like to say this: Rather than merely attacking the man, why not specifically address any incorrect info that this man has imparted publicly with evidence of your own. These little mindless snipes at a man who "lays it on the line", show a real lack of maturity on your part. To put it plainly, put up or shut up!

Alex is not infallible and I think he'd be first to admit that. I am many times surprised by his intensity, as well. However, when you consider he has small children that will have to grow up under a nwo headed by evil entities dedicated to total control of man's mind and soul; one can understand better the state of urgency he feels in his presentation. I learned a long time ago that you don't reject the message because it is uncomfortable. Comfort is confining and could be the source of your own demise. Face the facts, discern truth and determine solutions.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Unbelieveable, why did Alex get suspended? I am quite surprised. You know just Yesterday thealexjoneschannel was in the top 10 youtube news channels. I guess they didn't like what he had to say about the bird flu?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

LOL, well they could have done us in a long time ago if they are using the patriot act for justification. Do you really think if you are going to take over a country you go through and make a bunch of laws to allow you to do that. You take over first and then make whatever laws you want. Lets spend 20yrs making rules so we can take over... oh hell lets just take over.

Actually, one of the most implicit forms of take over occur with slow change. This is the path of least resistance and the least costly. Do you think if a large, abrupt change occurred in "the land of the free" that the citizens here would just stand back and be docile?

This is a rhetorical question of course.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Oh i see copyright infringement, figures. Typical of Alex Jones to turn it into a conspiracy against himself and his viewers. But I guess that has an entertainment value all of it's own though. Hehehe

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I recall the guy "Dave" who runs the channel uploaded Metallica songs and other copyright protected materials, so it's no surprise the channel got taken down. Some of the people that hate Alex Jones probably watch his videos more than his fans to laugh at him and it wouldn't surprise me if they had a long campaign of flagging the videos.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

"Yes, they really are planning a NWO and martial law. Yes, they really have passed laws where they can detain you in FEMA camps and execute you without any judificial process."

In case of a war on US soil or a pandemic outbreak they could probably do that but executing civilians would still be a crime against humanity and against US law and international law. I dont believe you, sorry.

[edit on 2009/5/5 by reugen]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
i heard disney is trying to buy youtube if they haven't allready..and of cource walt disney was a mason..could be the reason they got rid of it...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
So easily we get off topic...

Alex Jones, as topically rash as he is. He does realize when he's gone too far. I mean he's had David Icke on his broadcasts many times even though early on he said DI was a "turd in the punchbowl".

This isn't about fighting at all. It's about realizing who we are at all times. Different stages of evolution. It's all the same. David Icke isn't a genius, he's the same as us, just a guy who was more sensitive to realizing what was happening.

If you have a friend that doesn't believe the stuff you tell them, until two/three months down the line, that doesn't mean your better than him/her at all.

We all follow different paths; we all affect each other. In the end it's all about balance.

Yin Yang, Good Evil, Male Female, Light Dark. Positive Negative,...etc.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by flysse]

[edit on 5-5-2009 by flysse]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Why doesn't AJ host all of his own videos on his own site?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I could be wrong but didn't Alex Jones say last week that his websites were being hacked. But they have plenty of backups or something. I dont recall 100% as was at a friends house in the UK who introduced me to his radio show.

I have yet to decide whether this guys is genuine or not to be honest but his show seem very intresting.

Would be intresting to know on what grounds they suspended his acct. Some thing is fishy thats for sure, just dont know what as of yet but when i get home from work ill start diggin i think.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join