It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking 2012 scenarios AGAIN!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I just wanted to share this link to several Universe Today articles that debunk many of the 2012 doomsday scenarios (including Planet X, Geomagnetic Reversal, Solar Flare & more). Decide for yourselves....dis-information or scientific evidence???????

www.universetoday.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The whole thing about Planet X seems to be disinformation to me... I'm not saying there IS a planet x, but this guy is saying there clearly isn't unless there is proof. This is an issue I have with current day 'science' where the only way anyone believes anything is with undeniable proof.

Sure proof is important, but how long did it take someone to prove to 'science' that the world wasn't flat. How much longer is it going to take to prove that there may be another object to our solar system, how long will it take to prove that we aren't the only life forms out there??? But until its proven, it's impossible? Bah... I think the people in charge are so far up their own scientific rear ends that they can't even see sunlight anymore.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I agree. Anything is possible. History is PROOF of that. My post is not indicative of my beliefs. I just happened upon it and figured I'd post it since there were alot of theories on that one page. That being said, I've been back and forth with the Planet X thing for months. I guess there is only one way we will truly find out...........

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Im sort of thinking about the collapse of modern technology, society, running out of natural recourses and global anarchy.

Im seein how all of this could end up very bad... or... dare I say, extremely good.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The folks who have it the worst during any global disaster is the people in the city. Too many people, not enough resources... turns into survival of the fittest.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I just purchased a 30 foot Yurt from Pacific Yurts. I'm going to establish a community of Yurt dwellings covered with solar panels and nets. We're hoping to create a sort of communal living situation in Eastern Washington. One thing we're considering is establishing a set of morals and life habits that we will all live buy. We need sort of a template. Don't tell us the bible as we feel it's a highly distorted document. Any ideas?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I really did not see any debunking but people's opinions. I've seen better arguments from people supporting 2012 then this article. However, I write this as my opinion.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
We're planning to name the Yurt community Nibiru in honor of the approaching planet. I think we're going to be Vegan there so long as there's sunlight.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Folks, I have seen so many opinions about this subject, THE END OF THE WORLD!!!! in 2012!!!!!

ALL of it is based on the ancient Mayan Calendar that seems to 'end' on December 21, 2012.

The hysteria surrounding this is similar to the *FALSE* hysteria surrrounding the Y2K changeover. Anyone remember THAT fiasco????

According to the latest astronomical observations our Solar System, in this 'suberb' of our Galaxy, is about 20 Light Years above the actual "Galactic Plane"....which is just an imaginary 'line', or in two dimensions, a 'plane' anyway.

20 LY. We are travelling at about 100 km/sec. A LY is the distance light travels in a year. AND light travels at 300,000 km/sec (approximately).

Do the math.

THERE is no way some sort of 'Galactic Alignment' will occur in just three Earth years!!!! IT IS A JOKE, folks!!!!!

These 'doomsday' scenarios pop up ALL the time, and when they do not come to pass....then there's ANOTHER to take it's place!!!

ad infinitum....over and over and over, again.....sad, really.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
ALL of it is based on the ancient Mayan Calendar that seems to 'end' on December 21, 2012.

No, not all of it is based on the Mayan calendar. There are more scenerios that are happening, around the world, based on scientific points of view. I truly wish people would just get off the calendar and start looking at what scientists, mathematicians, geologist, or even archaeologist are saying.

Hopefully, one day people will stop using tunnel vision and use the peripheral vision they have.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bputman

bputman, OK....then, what are YOUR assertions??

Not being dismissive, here.

I just pointed out one fallacy in the 2012 scenario --- the "Galactic Plane" concept. Meaning, the incredibly stupid assertion that "something" will happen because the Solar System will transit the "Galactic Plane" in 2012.

Well, since we are about 20 LY away, we are NO WHERE NEAR the 'assumed galactic plane'!!!!!

ALL of this....every bit of it, is promulgated by the people who promote the 'MAYAN' calendar as their source. Still, because of the "Inter-webs" this BS gets 'legs'...and we're off to the races!!!!

ATS is about 'denying ignorance'!! "ignorance" is, quite simply, a lack of knowledge. Learning new stuff is the best way to "Deny Ignorance"!!!

edit = typos.....

[edit on 5/7/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by bputman

bputman, OK....then, what are YOUR assertions??

Not being dismissive, here.

I just pointed out one fallacy in the 2012 scenario --- the "Galactic Plane" concept. Meaning, the incredibly stupid assertion that "something" will happen because the Solar System will transit the "Galactic Plane" in 2012.

Well, since we are about 20 LY away, we are NO WHERE NEAR the 'assumed galactic plane'!!!!!

ALL of this....every bit of it, is promulgated by the people who promote the 'MAYAN' calendar as their source. Still, because of the "Inter-webs" this BS gets 'legs'...and we're off to the races!!!!

ATS is about 'denying ignorance'!! "ignorance" is, quite simply, a lack of knowledge. Learning new stuff is the best way to "Deny Ignorance"!!!

edit = typos.....

[edit on 5/7/0909 by weedwhacker]

So you point out one subject: the galactic plane based on the mayan calendar. I'm not going to into a back and forth posting argument because I would be wasting my time. If you said the Mayan calendar started the debates then you would of been correct. However, you mentioned that 2012 is solely based on the Mayan calendar and it is not. There are more things happening, at this moment, that corresponds to 2012.

Instead of wasting my time posting all the articles and threads on this thread; please feel free to use the search button. Also the internet is a very nice place to look for answers to.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Belief is not proof - belief is religion and religion is based on faith and faith needs no proof. so no proof is necessary or will sway those who have faith in this 2012 fallacy. You see it's one big circle jerk. Yes it all ends one day, but not in 2012 not a 100 years later not in a million years, but when the sun runs out of fuel. By then what we have evolved to will be someplace else sipping cold ones trading stories about what a cool place earth was before the big burn out. Relax you'll be around to kiss the kids and your favorite honey on December 22, 2012. The end of timers have been around since the cave men - last I checked we're still kicking. Stick your head out the window and enjoy the ride.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Was watching Nostrodomus effect tonight and Isaac Newton says the end is in 2060 from what his papers say and Salmons Temple must be rebuilt before the end can come hasn't happened yet the antichrist will let the jewish people rebuild it then he will take it for him self.

just my 2cents sounds good to me at least mey kids will have a life and not die young if its true.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
2012 is a joke. Of course there are theories out the wazoo because civil fear supercedes civil strife, meaning that if you can keep the masses afraid of the future they will not seek to change the present.

Please stop worrying about this issue. And we cant use the world was flat emphasis as a way to debunk doubters since using that is an attempt to use fictional history as fact.

When did we stop believing the world was flat........well the ancient greeks obviously felt the world was round, and columbus knew since............the globe was invented prior to his voyage, meaning the round world was an accepted science in those days as well. We base most of our columbus/flat world theories on a fictional book written about the life of columbus.

Also I enjoy the man who pointed to the y2k panic as an example for the 2012 panic. Very good example and accurate as well.

The Truth is that 2012 will come and go, and as soon as it does the media as well as the masses will look to the next, more than likely adapting the 2012 theory ie saying that oh they didn't mean 2012 they meant 2015 or 2020 or 2050. Its just the next step in mass hysteria that government needs to keep the people happy in the present.

Although I will be starting my own business january of 2013. For the low price of 24.99 you too could be the owner of an "I survived 2012" T-shirt. Or for an even lower price you could own a "Nostradumbass the Mediahans were wrong" bumper sticker for 12.99.

top topics

join