It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Arlen Specter shows real class in his eulogy of Kemp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

www.washingtontimes.com

Sen. Arlen Specter, Pennsylvania Democrat, said part of the reason that he left the Republican Party last week was disillusionment with its health-care priorities, and suggested that had the Republicans taken a more moderate track, Jack Kemp may have won his battle with cancer.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Sen. Arlen Specter showed real class in using the sad occasion of Jack Kemp’s death to attack the GOP and their health care policies. No matter what side of the political fence you may be on, this not only a low blow, but is disgusting and embarrassing to say at the very least. I will be calling the senator’s office today and demanding he publicly apologize for his selfish remarks. He clearly is trying to appease this new “democrat” masters and is attempting to score points with the president. It’s sad to think that anyone would do something like this to pad their own political “bank account”. Specter is making himself an unwanted personality in Washington these days and I suspect that he won’t find himself re-elected again after his current term.

www.washingtontimes.com

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

Well did he ever think Jack Kemp was in a similar insurance situation as what the universal health care plan would be if we was using his Congressional Health Care plan. By the way nobody likes a traitor. Not even the side he switched too. Its just human nature not to trust a TRAITOR.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Wow, what a low blow.

I've pretty much lost all respect for Specter (if I ever had any in the first place). Kemp was a politician and had the best health care the country has to offer. He obviously had incurable cancer, although his diagnosis was never publicly released.

What a terrible time to bring up partisan politics. Specter has the social finesse of a bull in a china shop.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The Dems. can keep Specter for the duration of his short career. His comments certainly redeem his true colors. I wonder how much money it took to sway Specter over to the other side? It sounds like Franken will take Minnesota. Hmmm.... Bye Bye Senate fillibuster. Convenient timing??

I smell a big fat rat.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So he partly blames the Republicans for Kemps death.

He really will say anything to try and get reelected won't he. To bad the Dems will only use him until the elections and cast him aside. The Republicans won't have anything else to do with him.

He must have been payed alot of money to commit career suicide.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
What "Magic Bullet" Specter was trying to say was if Conservatives had backed Stem Cell research we would have cured cancer.

Let me let everyone in on secret, which I know because I am a Catholic who did a great deal of research on this matter.

Stem Cell's cure NOTHING.

For it to work you need the Cord blood cells from your birth or a close relative.

Note the important word in that sentence is Birth.

This is not intended on being a judgement on anyones beliefs, it is what it is.

Also, remember Bush didn't prevent Stem Cell research, he prevented Government Funding. Big difference. The reason no one funded their own research on this is scientists know that their is nothing to be found. The only reason they do the research with Government Funding is Government funding.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
He's a politician. Why would you expect more from any of them?

On a second note, I believe you are supposed to use the articles title for your thread title, not your own sarcastic one.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
My suggestion is that the Pennsylvania legislature recall their rogue senator and have him resign or be forcibly removed from office.

Charles A. Coulombe from Taki's says it best:

Arlen Specter is a detestable swine. Next to Teddy Kennedy, he, for me, is the most loathsome creature ever to lurk in the Capitol in my lifetime.

I agree 100% with his estimation.

First, as to his swinery. Where can one begin? Arlen first rocketed to public consciousness working for the Warren Commission, investigating the assassination of JFK. He was in fact the inventor of the “magic bullet” theory, whereby a single bullet ricocheted all through John Connolly’s insides, shot out, and killed Kennedy (leading my father to opine that it must have been a CIA plot to snuff the Governor of Texas, carried out with as much aplomb as their hits on Castro).

This act alone should earn him a special place in Hell - next to Rosane Barr, Ron Popeil, Liberace and lots of pointy poles to sit on for eternity.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Why do Democrats do this?

Remember when the Breck Girl suggested that if John Kerry was elected that Christopher Reeve would walk again?

Jeez...you would think they would have learned a lesson from that one.

I am so happy the Republicans are done with this whacko.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The beauty of Specter's transformation into a Democrat is the fact that his peers voted by audible vote to knock him down to Buck Private on all of his Senate committees.. I suppose now that they have his vote his seniority is irrelevant.

He was elected in 1980 and all of his years of service and seniority just went out the window. Ha Ha ha. Welcome to the left Arlen. I hope you weren't expecting hugs and kisses.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37

www.washingtontimes.com

Sen. Arlen Specter, Pennsylvania Democrat, said part of the reason that he left the Republican Party last week was disillusionment with its health-care priorities, and suggested that had the Republicans taken a more moderate track, Jack Kemp may have won his battle with cancer.

WOW, that was an odd thing to say, I bet kemp had access to the best health care available.

new topics

top topics

join