It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo over york england, real or fake ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
when i first viewed this video on youtube i thought the ufo was just a reflection on some glass and i posted a reply stating, this was a fake.

the uploader is adamently defending this as something in the sky outside of his window. tell me what you think is going on here with this video and take notice in the comment section where he admits capturing this supposed ufo thru the window.

is it a reflection ? or not ?

[edit on 4-5-2009 by easynow]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

It's pretty grainy but I think I see what could be movement of an arm.

Zoom in as far as you can, then play it and watch the are where I've put the square:

You can see movement in relation to the light moving.

It's even more obvious once you know where to look once zoomed out too.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Does that dual line not usually indicate double glazing window causing two reflections? Certainly looks that way to me.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
My initial impression is that it's fake, primarily because as much as it jumps around it seems to only stay in the frame of the video, and only within the sky portion of the frame (doesn't dip down below the tops of the houses) -- as if it was seeing itself through the viewfinder of the camera.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Yes this is a hoax...

You can definitely see the movement of an arm in the reflection.
Look down where the grey cloud is and where the sloping roof is.. basically where the light starts from.. keep you eye on that area and press play..

This must be one of those little laser pointers or even a red IR light on a remote control.

Also when the light gets up to its highest point on the left side, you'l notice it splits into two lights..
this has to be due to the angle the light is going through a double glazed window.

not a UFO.. sorry..

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

good eye Chadwickus,

i did notice something there , and that was one of the reasons i originally thought......... it's a hoax.

someone just posted a comment on there claiming to have also seen it somewhere else.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by easynow]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
That's as fake as the easter bunny.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This is a poor attempt to deceive imo. It has way to many reflective elements to be something outside in the sky. Nice try old chap, but it's rubbish!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Break the news gently to them.

I doubt they'll admit to faking it though.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by easynow

Break the news gently to them.

I doubt they'll admit to faking it though.

ok will do

i think we are going to be seeing more and more of these kind of ufo videos, especially since that London ufo thread got so much unwarranted attention.

thanks everyone for the replies, i am now confident my first initial reaction to this was correct.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think this is Green LED man again,
only with Red ones this time,someone has already asked him about the movements at Youtube itself,at he has said that it is possibly
his reflection from behind the webcam as he watched the lights himself.
If it is not a fake,then the UFO pilot sure enjoys a pint of guinness.

new topics

top topics

join