It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A curious Nazi occult tale

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hi Selohobed and OSC121,
good to see some more former BAOR squaddies on board. There was a lot of depression in the block, however it may have had something to do with the conditions we had to put up with. Substandard accomadation it was listed as. There was a couple of suicide attempts while I was there. One Int Corp chap tied a bungee cord round his neck and jumped out his room window, found by the guard standing on tiptoes with the cord stretched out above him. I remember weekly trips down to the BMH at Hanover to drop off someone at P wing.
Yes Foxhoundone, your excellent pics brought a tear to my eye, can see my bed space window too! Very interesting they built a little pond out front. Still I doubt the lower levels have been opened up. There was access to some rooms in the lower levels, one was the laundrette and access was at the rear. But the basement levels were concreted over. As I mentioned in my OP you could see where the banisters went into the floor.
There was another building we used as an Operation Bureau (Ops B). It's basement levels were not flooded but I only had a Z clearance so access denied. We used the upper levels for our yearly exercises involving escape and evasion and resistance to interrogation. I have a photo of it I'll try and scan to upload, maybe you guys had a different use for it and have been down there?
I wonder if any of you chaps know of the suicides carried out at other bases in relation to their Nazi occult use?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Sorry idle_rocker, didnt reply to your question. I doubt a tether would have been used. Could cause more problems than their worth. I certainly wouldn't want to be tethered when Im underwater, especially in confined spaces. It was the Americans to drop down, the British moved in after, maybe we have a former Cold War American soldier with any information on this?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SOXMIS
... I doubt a tether would have been used. Could cause more problems than their worth. I certainly wouldn't want to be tethered when Im underwater, especially in confined spaces...

There was no real choice at the time. There was the hard hat and standard gear and there was the oxygen rebreather, witch was and is still mosly used for spec ops because it emit no bubbles, the drawback being that you cannot go to depth of more than 30 feets. The Aqualung, or scuba gear, was invented in 1943 by frenchmen Emile Gagant and Jacques Cousteau, it was popular begining in the 50's.

I'm sorry to say that but going inside a submerged building untethered is very dangerous. The visibility in the water would be very low (about two or three feet in front of you). And it would be very easy to loose your path. With scuba gear you would have air for 30-60 minutes depending on how deep you go and how calm you are. With a tether (what we call an umbilical ) you have all the air you need, power for lamps and tools and audio so you can talk to your topside support. Once you get used to all the gear, it is not too bulky. The mark V helmet and standard dress that was in use during WWII by the US is very heavy (easily 100 kg for full gear) but underwater, the buoancy of the air trapped in it makes it pretty light. The umbilical can be somewhat buyoant so if the diver and his tender (the guy holding the tether) are good they won't get hooked in something.

In 2006 a old historic dam near the city of Trois-Rivieres flooded in the middle of the night and my company got called. I had to get down three floors underwater to open the gate to the spillway. It was a very fun night because I had enough air and I could talk to the dam technician. I would not like to go there untethered, unless very well prepared and geared in full cave diving kit.

Cheers!

[edit on 6-10-2009 by grandnic]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Here is an internal shot of Block 14, spooky or what guys, Reminds me off the time i was sent to lower the Union jack from the roof, heard jackboots behind me coming from the attic,... Yep took them stairs three at time going down.. This could be one off the basement floors where the armoury was located, And the entrance to the lower levels.
As stated earlier i found it odd that the building was handed back to the civil authorities and not the military ??

[edit on 7-10-2009 by foxhoundone]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
For unknown reasons, the depleted SS guard some of the prisoners of the army, and drove about 500 (according to other sources than 2,000 left[8]) And on to Bergen-Belsen. In this Death march have been exhausted prisoners who could not march on, shot at the roadside.

"The other group was left behind in a vacated barracks in Celle." The responsibility for this "improvised concentration camps" has been assigned to a charge of the prisoners being captain and the city administration, which should provide food and medical supplies to the prisoners. This was not, or only quite inadequate care. In the bloodless surrender of the city on 12 April 1945 before the British troops found hundreds unprovided people, including many dying and dead. 162 of the freed were immediately placed in an auxiliary hospital.
Taken from a Celle archive interesting stuff.. Direct translation

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Starred & Flagged!

I must say that I'm really enjoying this thread and I hope it goes further.

I've read about the war time experiments that the Nazi's carried out i.e. Amputations, Experiments on twins, Hypothermia etc and I've also heard about the stories about secret genetic experimentation.

Considering what we know the Nazi's did, I really wouldn't be surprised if theres stuff we don't know about.

I wonder what you would find if you went down the submerged blocks...

Anyways good thread, keep it up guys.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Thanks grandnic,

my bad, should have looked up my history! In your opinion would they have sent divers down into multi levels with many rooms and corridors to explore?

Great find foxhoundone, couldn't tell you which level that is, they all looked the same to me. When you say basement do you mean the ground level from the rear? In my day you walked into the block from the rear (no front access and couldn't go lower on any of the stair wells either at the centre or left and right. There were some rooms accessible one level down but all had their own steps down and no access to each other. Also none going any lower.
Did you guys have the time delay light switches, just a few seconds to run from your room to the ablutions before the lights went blink. God I hated rear party duties, maybe five or six guys per floor and they'd all be on guard when you needed a hand to hold on your way for a dump!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SOXMIS

Your right there SOXMIS, You could only gain access through the rear of the block, Strangely though i always remember a large steel door at the basement level, And to my fascination of this building which i am glad you started this thread..
The dream "aspiration" i had was about three years ago, The then Block 14 was getting major works completed "The rebuild" and i was trying to get to the lower levels and encounters a legion of SS damned all rotting and lost looking, (maybe to much castle wolfenstein lol). I distinctly remember trying to get down the stairs and their was none( in the rebuild they removed stairs and installed lifts) ? in the dream i remember thinking do not go to the lower levels it was a black mass, Do not remember much after that as i awoke rapidly(self preservation?)

I will down a couple of sauvignon blanc and try to remember anything important (Did i say a couple lol)

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Heres you glourious BAOR vets doing what they do best... ROLMAO..
Well it keeped the spooks away.. lol

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

77er Heidi infanterie Kaserne
OK more or less direct translation, Heath barracks," Heathen barracks "
Heathen linked to the Germanic Neopaganism adherents
Attitude and focus of adherents may vary,
Polytheistic pragmatic, Through too Occult or mysterious adherents..
and quite possibly linked to the Thole society.
There go Donny, That help you along the way so to speak matey

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
And this is the Thole socity emblam

Any one add to thread even to correct me, Thanks

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
And here is the Garrison infanterie, (coming from the milk bar)

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Sorry, I have not read the topic yet, but that story of the soldiers going into the basement really reminded me of some Lovecraftian cyclopean stories...

OF BLOODCURDLING HORROR AND THE MACABRE!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/132b74bef428.jpg[/atsimg]
These are the guys i have been reading up on Deutsches Ahnenerbe
A rather unsavory lot from the look of things< Using live prisoners for experiments to name but a few,..

[edit on 8-10-2009 by foxhoundone]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Very interesting story going on here!

I wasn't even aware they were so involved in the occult although I have seen references of it like in the Hell Boy movie its actually the Nazi's who summon him.

Anyone know of what they are thought to have been doing in the artic or if there is any other tales of them summoning demons and crazy sh!t.

I would like to know more! What is the spear of destiny all about? Il go check that up and post more stories!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thanks foxhoundone, some great photos, amazing that Celle hadn't changed much up to the end of the Cold War! You are an old sweat, I noticed the puttees. Other than that the pics are much the same as mine, beer and drunken revelry. Although for some strange reason all the quilt covers in my pics are My Little Pony or other children designs, I cant honestly remember that from my time. I will set up my wife's scanner tomorrow and upload as many as I can find, including the Ops B.
Did you mean the Thule society? It would be a great place for Donny to start at. I have been trying to get a hold of some of Peter Levenda's books as I hear he covers a lot of the occult ties and symbolism in them, however being in China doesnt help! The barracks was a HQ for the SS so Im sure that whatever these guys were up to a lot of their research would have been carried out in block 14. It was also the largest single brick building in Europe up until the early nineties so they had plenty of space to carry out different projects. It makes sense that they would attempt to cover their tracks, and it is possible that the American military had some form of scuba at the end of the war, it had been in development for the military as early as 1902 and re-breathers were used as early as 1938.
The big question for me, given that the rumours were true, what messed these divers up? I have a couple of ideas I'd like to share, its a little late here right now and I've been on the sauce. Tomorrow we'll indulge!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SOXMIS

Thankyou its late here to and i am knackerd scanning german sites for information,Mainly 77 Heide division and Ahnenerbe division.. tomorrow matey Cheers.. Old sweat my arse lol

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Is this thread dead?

I wanted to know more about the antarctic stuff and that. I searched never found anything creditable. I was hoping someone else might've had more luck.

Plus there was a lady on who was going to discuss it with her grandfather who aparantly was prone to some secret information.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Von Seeckt barracks
I have found out new information on 77er Heidi kaserne, most relating to the war years, the camp was vacated by the weirmach who deployed to the Normandy coast to defend the coastal regions from invasion, the camp was taken over and administered by the SS, There was various groups stationed at the camp including the The Nazi occult bureau know as the AHNENERBE, (linked to spear of destiny SOXMIS), also there was a research and trials unit stationed at the barracks carrying out of all things chemical and gas development for aerial dispersal, Using POWS and prisoners as test subjects
When liberated by the allies the place was described as a mini Bergen/Belsen with forced labour to provide labour to the local silk manufacture ??, there was an underground munitions factory but could not find the location (yet) found out there was another mini camp near the wesendorf halt,

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Found this picture of the "Wash house" used to srub prisoners prior to experiments, Just maybe thats one of the devices down them flooded cellers ????

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join