It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIPAC Festival in Washington DC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
AIPAC FESTIVALS IN DC ARE OFFICIALLY OPENED!

Israel's new U.S. envoy to AIPAC: We won't let Iran go nuclear

WASHINGTON - Pouring rain did not prevent more than 6,000 people from attending Sunday's opening of the annual AIPAC conference in Washington, which is considered one of the city's 10 biggest political and media events.

www.haaretz.com...

NEWS FROM AIPAC FESTIVALS IN THIS THREAD!

Festival programme - "Warmongering Coming All This Week!" ... With all the best political liners --- Enjoy the Zionist meetings!

- "We the innocents"
- "Bomb, bomb, bomb Iran"
- "Lets nuke Iran together"
- "Ahmadinejad is evil"
- "Shias are all self destructive and suicidals"
- "Long live the memory of the Holocaust (tm)"
- "Dont ask what you are not told, you anti-semetites!" ...

[edit on 4-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Here we go... ( Sorry that my time is today limited to collect all the statements from many estrades: ) AIPAC 2009 proudly presents!

Gingrich: Remove Iranian regime

WASHINGTON (JTA) -- Newt Gingrich at the AIPAC policy conference called for ousting the regime in Iran and bombing its missile sites. Gingrich, a former speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives and a likely presidential candidate in 2012, in his address faulted the last Bush administration and the current Obama administration for engaging with Iran as long as it is led by theocrats who threaten Israel.

jta.org...

- Not bad opening, uh?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
More AIPAC 2009 Highlights:

CODEPINK Interrupts Israeli President at AIPAC Conference

As the six activists were forcibly dragged away from the stage, they shouted similar phrases including "Tikun olam (Heal the world) for Gaza, too!", all meant to draw attention to widespread opposition to AIPAC's policies lobbied to Congress that include unconditional support and financing for Israel's militaristic policies including the recent devastating invasion of Gaza, building of illegal settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem, the separation wall, refusal to negotiate with the Palestinians' democratically elected representatives, and threats to attack Iran.

www.commondreams.org...

- I am proud of you guys!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Israel's Peres coaches AIPAC on Obama's Iran policy

In an address before 'the most important' lobby affecting America's relations with Israel, President Shimon Peres accuses Iran of posing an international "threat".

On the eve of talks with US President Barack Obama in Washington, President Peres won strong applause from the powerful American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC).

www.presstv.ir...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Anyone with pig flu want to attend? Maybe sit front row and hack up a lung, lots of sneezing would be good.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

"I think these guys already HAS the needed vacine for H1N1..."

--- No, no, no! --- !t was not me who said that!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
damn, oh well

It was worth a shot. Well, I suppose conventional protests/ outbursts will have to work, I wish I could go but I live too far from D.C.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Israeli president: Iran threatens US, Europe

WASHINGTON (AP) — Israel's president charged Monday that Iran's nuclear program threatens the United States, Europe and Arab nations, as well as Israel.

"The fanatic rulers of Iran are on the wrong side of history," Shimon Peres told a convention of the American-Israel Public Affairs Committee, the pro-Israel lobby in Washington.

www.google.com...

- So what? You think they will attack us, if we dont care at all what they are up to... But there is some gasoline we maybe wat to buy from them!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
"GREAT EVIL" HAS SPOKEN...

Iran questions wisdom behind new US threats

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Hassan Qashqavi has questioned the wisdom behind a US Congress initiative to choke off gasoline supplies to the oil-rich country.

Despite claims of seeking a new beginning with Iran, the US government has threatened the Tehran government with further unilateral sanctions should potential negotiations over the country's disputed nuclear program fail.

www.presstv.ir...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Peres to Obama: No choice but to compare Iran to Nazis

The world has no choice but to compare the threat posed by Iran now to that of Nazi Germany before the Second World War, President Shimon Peres told U.S. President Barack Obama in Washington on Tuesday.

"Iran is a threat not just to Israel, but to the whole world. As Jews, after being subjected to the Holocaust, we cannot close our eyes in light of the grave danger emerging from Iran," Peres said.

www.haaretz.com...

- Yeah, right!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Israel would inform, not ask U.S. before hitting Iran

"I do not doubt that Israel will do what it thinks it needs to do, regardless of whether the U.S. approves," said Mark Fitzpatrick, non-proliferation expert at the International Institute for Strategic Studies in London.

"Israel would seek forgiveness, not permission."

A retired Israeli general who advises the government on strategic issues suggested there was a tacit synchronicity in recent messages about Iran from Israel and the United States:

"The Israeli threat adds urgency to Obama's calls for diplomatic engagement, and should Israel take things into its hands, the Americans retain wriggle room, some deniability."

www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I think it's great to see that a lot of the jewish people are now tired of the violence & aggressions in general, and that many of them are beginning to support a two state solution.

Many of the jewish people are tired of the old hardliners & hawks in the goverment & shadow institutions, and would really like to see a different and better future for the region & Israel.

I have no problem supporting their struggle for a better Israel!

B'shalom!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Ohh thank you JanusFinn for pointing out the absolute horror of horrors surrounding
Newt Gingrich running for President !!!

It is indeed going to be a long, long year.

Peace...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

'Time is not in Israel's favor,' Livni warns

Israeli opposition leader Tzipi Livni addressed the Council of Foreign Relations in New York City on Tuesday, outlining her support for a tough approach toward Iran. She also stressed the importance of the peace process with the Palestinians and cooperating with "moderate" Arab forces.

"Time is not in our favor," she said, adding that avoiding tough decisions would be a strategic threat to Israel's future. She said it would be a big mistake not to continue negotiations with the Palestinians, because peace is in the interests of Israel.

www.dailystar.com.lb...

German official: Lieberman comments 'far from encouraging'

Lieberman talked about a "peace industry," which to date had achieved little but waste money, according to parliamentarians at the meeting. He further described Iran as a major threat.

"All this is far from encouraging," said former German minister of state for foreign affairs, Werner Hoyer.

www.haaretz.com...

join