It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Level 6; WHO head indicates full flu pandemic to be declared

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I think that:

1. WHO probably has decided that the guidelines for a level 6 are met, and might even change the alert level. But...

2. Governments are involved. They already see how much panic is ensusing from a level 5 alert, which includes a whole lot of schools closed down, overrun health services, and with the economy the way it is, they see no reason for WHO to raise the level at this time.

And they are probably right to do so. The media has completely overhyped this thing, to a point where any new change will absolutely panic way too many people. WHO probably would have been wise at the outset to full describe what the different levels mean, to quell worries. But having not done that, governments are probably leery of allowing WHO to raise the level further unless they know it's critical to do so.

A level 6 doesn't even mean much at this point. And I'm still confused about why this particualr flu is getting as much attention as it is. I still don't think we are hearing everything we should know.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
MAYBE if they raise it it just means what it means. That it's spreading human to human in three regions of the globe.

That's all it freaking means. And yes they probably should raise it because it's in so many countries but it's not spreading super SUPER fast.

Level 6 doesn't mean "HOLYCOW we're all gonna DIEEE" it means "more people might get it, even if the symptoms are the same as a regular flu, so people should be aware and stock up and hospitals should be ready."

The levels represent how abundant, not how severe.

Overreacting is wasting all that energy that you'll need to fight off the evil Swine Flu.

I don't think that many believe it's a HOLYCOW deal.
But, Govts will take advantage, look at New Hamshire at what they did.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Alright, I found an article which I hope is true. I am sure this is already posted somewhere and is why I am not going to post a new thread. Who can keep track with all the "Swine Flu" posts.

Scientists see this flu strain as relatively mild

As the World Health Organization raised its infectious disease alert level Wednesday and health officials confirmed the first death linked to swine flu inside U.S. borders, scientists studying the virus are coming to the consensus that this hybrid strain of influenza -- at least in its current form -- isn't shaping up to be as fatal as the strains that caused some previous pandemics.

In fact, the current outbreak of the H1N1 virus, which emerged in San Diego and southern Mexico late last month, may not even do as much damage as the run-of-the-mill flu outbreaks that occur each winter without much fanfare.

FOR THE RECORD:
Swine flu: An article in Thursday's Section A about the risks posed by swine flu said that in the United States annually "between 5% and 20% of the population becomes ill from the flu and 36,000 people die —a mortality rate of between 0.24% and 0.96%." The correct mortality rate is between 0.06% and 0.24%.

I hope this is some comfort for all the worry worts in the world. Don't let fear rule your lives. Live, laugh, and love.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

New Hampshire? What about Massachusetts? Unless you did mean New "Ham"shire... because I'm not sure what they would do but I guess it has something to do with a mass slaughter of pigs...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

No fear here of this flu.

The fear is what the Govts are doing.

I think this is way overblown. I don't like what they did in NH.
You know, NH is the one that got the ball rolling on the Sovernty bills, but then voted it down. Something is not right up there.

I don't know why an american would ever trust our Govt for anything.
Trust is usually earned. A quick history lesson on the USA or the world for the fact, shows they have earned no trust what so ever.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

reply to post by j2000

New Hampshire? What about Massachusetts? Unless you did mean New "Ham"shire... because I'm not sure what they would do but I guess it has something to do with a mass slaughter of pigs...

I stand corrected. Massachusetts it was. Power grab without input from the public.

Massachusetts Senate Approves Pandemic Flu Martial Law Bill!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The government never would waste an emergency though. That's where they can make loopholes in the law to do other things. It would just be perfect to invoke firearms confiscation at the same time we are all quarantined. No large groups, no crowds. It sparks a thought is all.

Why worry about the economy when lives could be lost? One has died but look at Mexico. This attacks healthy people. They attacked Mexico first because they would really be weak due to their health care system's deficiencies on the medicine front.

1) They are selfish self-seeking and greedy officials who want us to die and have no interest in making an effort to step up efforts on the vaccine, and don't want people to get distracted by the flu so they say spend money and its not serious.

2) They don't care about the economy or the flu and they have already developed a vaccine for themselves as they don't seem too worried. The media may or may not be over-hyping the issue, but it begs a question when the numbers never match up.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

I figured that's what you had been thinking of. Yeah I thought that was weird...

But honestly this thing doesn't look too bad so I doubt they'll actually have reason to instate martial law because of it.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

reply to post by j2000

I figured that's what you had been thinking of. Yeah I thought that was weird...

But honestly this thing doesn't look too bad so I doubt they'll actually have reason to instate martial law because of it.

I would have to agree on them not instating Martial Law right now. What bothers me is that they now have the easy power to do so.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by j2000]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Of course we are gearing up for the second wave according to WHO.......

WHO chief warns of second wave of swine flu
12 hours ago

HONG KONG (AFP) — The head of the World Health Organization warned in a newspaper interview that swine flu may re-emerge stronger than ever even if the current outbreak appears to be declining.

Margaret Chan told Britain's Financial Times that an apparent decline in mortality rates did not mean the pandemic was coming to an end and a second wave may strike "with a vengeance."

"If it's going to happen it would be the biggest of all outbreaks the world has faced in the 21st century," the business daily quoted her as saying.

"We hope the virus fizzles out, because if it doesn't we are heading for a big outbreak. I'm not predicting the pandemic will blow up, but if I miss it and we don't prepare, I fail. I'd rather over-prepare than not prepare."

She said the end of the flu season in the northern hemisphere meant any initial outbreak could be milder, but a second wave more lethal.

A total of 18 countries around the world have reported cases of human swine flu, with hardest-hit Mexico confirming 22 deaths in all.

But authorities in Mexico said the epidemic appeared to be levelling off, while in the United States an official at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention spoke of "encouraging" signs.

www.google.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Within my group of friends, no one is panicking, in fact, most are pissed that we are being jerked around by the WHO, Gov't, and MSM. I've heard a lot of people, who I have never heard, saying that this is the straw that broke the camel's back in regards to believing the MSM.

Why would the MSM, Gov't be perpetrating something that is damaging the credibility with the "common man"? 9/11 did it for a lot of us, but this is waking up the people that were still asleep.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Where did you hear that they might change it to 1-10? Or is that a guess?
In either case I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Either way, in less than 6 months or so tswhtf.

Either this flu will get much worse come flu season (like the 1918 flu)
or, They will give out tainted vaccines (like in 1918)
Something worse will be released.
Iran and Israel will wipe each other out.
or, all of the above.

Either way, this is conditioning for something big to happen before January.

Even Alex Jones says so and he's a spook.

More importantly, anyone else read about the Pandemic Emergency Exercise that took place in Ohio on April 29th 2009? They wanted 200 citizens to play dying patients and the scenario involved a company having a vaccine and administering it to it's employees? Anyone?

GOOGLE FIRST ENERGY PANDEMIC APRIL 09

coincidence? Who Knew What When?

WKWW?
WKWW?
WKWW?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here's something I posted elsewhere but is definitely related to this thread:

Until Monday morning, the WHO had a definition on its Web site saying that a pandemic flu causes "enormous numbers of deaths and illness." After a CNN reporter pointed this out, WHO spokeswoman Natalie Boudou called back to say the definition was in error and had been pulled from the WHO Web site.

"It was a mistake, and we apologize for the confusion," she said. "(That definition) was put up a while ago and paints a rather bleak picture and could be very scary."

Just another blunder of the PTB OR not??? (i.e., cover-up, trial run, what?)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

These are the things that I don't trust.

I think it's all BS and a conditioning.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
reply to post by sonjah1

These are the things that I don't trust.

I think it's all BS and a conditioning.

A basic idea of sociology would be the first goal I would pertain.

How does one govern a populace would be a question i would ask my prof once or twice.

I mean really....am I so lame as to point this out?

This thread has called it out,,,,conditioning......like boot camp.....break you down.....build you up......you got yourself an soldier who obeys orders,

The simplicity is stunning.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Looks like a warm up. And to find people with flu isn't really hard in a population of hundreds of millions. The hyping actually make things worse. And let people with just a little cold/fever believe they're about the departure this world.

Martial law doesn't sound like a smart move by TPTB. I'd have to agree with those suspecting it's meant to distract and acclimate the citizens. Don't want to know the disaster they would have instigated if it actually had been enforced. My girlfriend works at the hospital. So I hope to get a early warning and escape the vaccination round.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Stranded]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
So the government is more worried about business and economics than something that could be a pandemic???

I hate the US government. Just remember WHO is a part of the UN.

And just remember that the WHO is advised by James S. Robertson, top British bioengineer of viruses and the same bastard who designed this virus. Did you know that?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

No I didn't knew that, but I do now. What I did heard was that group of Bilderbergers having a high stake in the vaccines and how they are getting filthy rich of this crisis. What else is new.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stranded
reply to post by Albertarocks

No I didn't knew that, but I do now. What I did heard was that group of Bilderbergers having a high stake in the vaccines and how they are getting filthy rich of this crisis. What else is new.

The company that makes the Tamiflu vaccine is called Gilead Sciences. Guess who is one of it's major shareholders. None other than Dirty Donald Rumsfeld. He stands to make millions when his poison gets sold. It starts to form a real dirty picture when you connect all the dots, doesn't it?

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join