It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Level 6; WHO head indicates full flu pandemic to be declared

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

MADRID/GENEVA (Reuters) – The World Health Organization is likely to raise its flu alert to the top of its six-point scale and declare a pandemic, its director-general indicated in an interview published on Monday.

In remarks setting the scene for another alert increase, but without saying when, WHO chief Margaret Chan warned against over-confidence following a stabilization in the number of new cases of the H1N1 strain that has proved deadly in Mexico.

"Level 6 does not mean, in any way, that we are facing the end of the world. It is important to make this clear because (otherwise) when we announce level 6 it will cause an unnecessary panic," she told Spanish newspaper El Pais.

"Flu viruses are very unpredictable, very deceptive ... We should not be over-confident. One must not give H1N1 the opportunity to mix with other viruses. That is why we are on alert."

The WHO's pandemic phases reflect views about how a virus is spreading, and not how severe its effects are.

Last week the United Nations agency raised the alert level twice, from 3 to the current 5, in response to the sustained transmission of H1N1 in Mexico and the United States.

Before issuing a level 6 alert, the WHO would need to see the virus spreading within communities in Europe or Asia.

A declaration of a full pandemic would send a signal to governments worldwide to institute their pandemic response plans, which may include measures affecting hospitals, schools or public events.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This thing has been a contradiction from the start.

Mix stories has been a big issue. But I guess they are going to do just what they want.

Any excuse to grab a little more power, and take a few more liberties.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Yeah I figured this would happen it was only a matter of time. I hope it doesn't get this big, but from that and what Alex Jones was saying like four days ago it makes sense.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The article flys in the face of what the UN Secretary General has stated, he says the WHO is not raising the level from 5 TO 6 so who do we believe?

Seems none of them knows exactly what they are doing.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
ok...this means that the normal influenca type A is pandemic....and the common cold is pandemic and veneral diseases and ...and ...etc.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
they're probably going to change it to scale of 1-10 because they don't want Level 6 to hurt the economies of the world any further because of the current shape we're in. So while "technically" we may have all the conditions of a pandemic ready, it's mild at the moment, so they rather risk us catch it while going about our daily businesses and lives, while still giving us the warning..

[edit on 5-4-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
So the government is more worried about business and economics than something that could be a pandemic???

I hate the US government. Just remember WHO is a part of the UN.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
The article flys in the face of what the UN Secretary General has stated, he says the WHO is not raising the level from 5 TO 6 so who do we believe?

Seems none of them knows exactly what they are doing.

This has been my beef with this whole thing. Whom do you believe, because it seems to be all over the map for information.

If I look at the numbers, this thing is no big deal and should not even be on the news. The common human flu is much worse.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I think you're reading it wrong. He isn't saying "we plan on announcing level 6 and, when we do, we don't want panic"

What he's saying is "if we do announce it, no, later or whenever, we don't want to create a total panic"

It's not a matter of him slipping in an admission but, rather, at some point it will happen, not necessarily with this bug but, it is ineveitable that we will reach that level with a bug one day.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I think you're reading it wrong. He isn't saying "we plan on announcing level 6 and, when we do, we don't want panic"

What he's saying is "if we do announce it, no, later or whenever, we don't want to create a total panic"

It's not a matter of him slipping in an admission but, rather, at some point it will happen, not necessarily with this bug but, it is ineveitable that we will reach that level with a bug one day.

Sorry to disagree with you, but It's says "When" not "If".

It is important to make this clear because (otherwise) when we announce level 6 it will cause an unnecessary panic," she told Spanish newspaper El Pais

[edit on 4-5-2009 by j2000]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is pre-conditioning to them raising it.

The only words used here are "Likely" and "When".

You can do a search for the word "If" and it's not even in the whole article.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
You do know why they are trying to play this down,

For 1 the Bans on Pork products from Mexico,

2 they do not want to cuase panic.

3 someone behind the scenes are pulling the strings.

Anyone who has common sense or who has acess to the internet, knows exactly what is going on, is why Alot are questioning the officials with regards to this Vrius plus the numbers.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Even here on ATS with witnesses from Mexico, it's a mixed message.
I am not sure what to believe.

I am very well prepared, but not sure how to take it.
I am in Kansas, one of the first states to have it official.

The two that have it are a couple that went to Mexico. They flew into Wichita, which is my location, stopped at several places and went home to the north of the state.
Nobody else has had it here. If it where as bad as they say, you would think a few more cases would have shown up.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

ok, so, that doesn't mean when as in "at some future date..." but, instead, he's saying "I am going to announce level 6 with this bug"

you can tell from that written comment? without inflection? without seeing him say it? wow. When I can do that, I will probably no longer want to read the papers.

I guess, given that I said "when" it means it will happen any day now.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I have also read in several places where they say the level will not be raised. This thing should make the sleeping masses wake up....if they pay any attention to the vastly different information out there in the MSM.

Whether or not this is going to be a killer matters not when you consider the press. Either way they are obviously lying, manipulating numbers, and putting misleading info on their banners.

We cannot now, nor never should have trusted the press or media. They say what they are told and not one thing more. I wonder why so many press conferences have had questions fielded over the phone lines instead of live conferences with the press sitting there????

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Going by their own criteria, the WHO should have raised it at least a week ago. Strange .. they are saying it's a pandemic, but they are also saying not to close the borders and our 'leadership'
is telling people it's okay to get on planes, etc.

What a freak'n mess. :shk:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Sorry Crakeur, I guess you missed my point.

They did actually say "When" in this story. And as it's been pointed out, they have been saying "If".

My point was the contradiction of what they are doing and saying vs the actual numbers and "official" reports.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Exactly. They want what's good for business and economics to further their own agenda.

They care more about people still spending money more than if they live or die from a new strain of influenza, that already kills a portion of people in itself. I'd say that was an emergency especially given the story they gave as to its origin. Look at the Canadian guy who gave his pigs the swine flu. There is something very wrong if it is the farmer giving the pig the disease that originally developed in the pig.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
MAYBE if they raise it it just means what it means. That it's spreading human to human in three regions of the globe.

That's all it freaking means. And yes they probably should raise it because it's in so many countries but it's not spreading super SUPER fast.

Level 6 doesn't mean "HOLYCOW we're all gonna DIEEE" it means "more people might get it, even if the symptoms are the same as a regular flu, so people should be aware and stock up and hospitals should be ready."

The levels represent how abundant, not how severe.

Overreacting is wasting all that energy that you'll need to fight off the evil Swine Flu.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Exactly!

You get the point that I was making.

I think that they will raise it.
I think these stories are pre-conditioning.
I think they will use this pre-conditioning to take more liberties without raising any questions.
The whole banking deal was complete BS.
How can you lose money on loans you didn't put up anything to make?

It's about taking our freedoms. If it takes multiple things, like it has, to do it, they will.

Name me a year in the last 50 years that has had so many different and unrelated "Emergencies".

I can't come up with one.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join