It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compelling footage of a planet X like object near the sun shot on (21.04.09)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Listen to yourselves. Are you that desperate to believe in something as far out as Niribu that you would honestly find this hoax real??? Don't you think hundreds of people would have noticed something as obvious as 2 suns? It would have been all over the news, internet, Facebook, cellphones...everywhere.

I have a feeling in my gut that something big is about to happen but I am at least trying to maintain some modicum of rational consideration of patently ridiculous evidence. This is the kind of thread that supports the naysayers and notion that ATS is a bunch of kooks.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

So if that think in the OP's video is reflection of a light source behind him, using a glass pane, then how come the light source is a sphere?

Your light source is not a sphere, it has a strange shape.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by masterp

The anomaly isn't the light source behind me. It is a replication of the sun(light bulb) created by the obstruction of the light through the double-pane. The point of the background lighting was to replicate the overall average lighting in the scene (so it wasn't completely dark in the room I was in because it wasn't completely dark outside in the OP's video) The anomaly in my video is sort of shaped like a light bulb, correct? As for the OP's video, its a sphere, because the sun is a sphere. In my video, its not a sphere because the light bulb is not a sphere.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Dienekes]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dienekes

I did try it. Indeed, with a pane of glass and a light source behind you, taking a picture of the light source in front of you will merge the two light sources.

But, in the video, the 2nd light source sets normally, just like the Sun does.

A good way to persuade us that the 2nd light source is a planetary body would be to shoot a video of it like the one posted here but with a black disc blocking the sun. The incoming light from the planetary body should then create a lens flare, just like the sun.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The more i look at that video the more I realize that this might not be an object in space imo. Well, at least not a planet, and much less a star. It is not a reflection either.

I am not an expert on cameras, but if this was an object that was moving with the Sun, and it is outside the Solar System, it wouldn't be moving at the same time the Sun is moving since it is farther away. It would move slower than the Sun. As far as we know there are no objects, such as another star (of this we would ahve known a long time ago), nor even planets, close to the Sun which can shine as brightly as the Sun.

Even if the object was outside the Solar System and was able to move at the same speed, and at the same time as the Sun, we would see this object on the other side of the planet when the Earth was halfway accross it's yearly rotation around the Sun, and as far as I know, nothing like this has been seen.

The only other two possibilities for this is either it is a large UFO which is mirrowing the Sun, or it is some sort of camera effect, or CGI.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

And to the Nibiru haters out there: I would suggest doing some open-minded research on the subject of Nibiru.

Well, let's put that into perspective. Of those who 'research' ancient civilizations, the experts say that the one guy who came up with all this gibberish misinterpreted. You are basing your 'research' on a guy who invents crap to make $$$ on his books.

I'll trust the experts who say it's all bunk, rather than basing it on a guy who is NOT a professional archaeologist, nor even a linguist of any note. Who thinks that statues of lizard people means there are lizard aliens. I mean, what else could it possibly be?

Nibiru is bunk, and this video is certainly not a sun or planet that one dude only caught on his cellphone, yet all the telescopes pointed at the sky completely missed it. Even though it would have been there months before, and would still be there now. It's not. That people can even CONSIDER this to be a body in our solar system just boggles my mind.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Well, let's put that into perspective. Of those who 'research' ancient civilizations, the experts say that the one guy who came up with all this gibberish misinterpreted. You are basing your 'research' on a guy who invents crap to make $$$ on his books.

I'll trust the experts who say it's all bunk, rather than basing it on a guy who is NOT a professional archaeologist, nor even a linguist of any note. Who thinks that statues of lizard people means there are lizard aliens. I mean, what else could it possibly be?

On that you are wrong, there are many mentions of such an object approaching Earth/the Solar System and bringing death, pestilence, and disasters.

The planet/star has had many names, from Nibiru, to Wormwood in the bible, yes this is mentioned in the bible too, to Marduk, and many other names, all describing the same thing. So you are wrong claiming that Sitchin's account is the only one.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dienekes

So are you saying that the small sphere near the sun is actually a reflection of the sun?

It can't be a reflection of the sun. In order to be a reflection on a glass pane, the light source has to be behind the camera.

Just like in your video where you use two light bulbs, one at the front of the camera, the other behind the camera.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
if you go to the soho home page you can clearly see something either coming out of the sun or something coming from behind it. now it appears to be the same brightness of the sun so maybe he was at the right place at the right time and he caught a rather big solar flare.just a thought.i heard something about jupiter igniting. wonder what that would look like coming from behind the sun?but if you go to the soho site you can see it with there filters on.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

BTW, just so you can put this in perspective, there is such an expert in "some" ancient civilizations in this forum who claimed that the vedic scriptures don't exist and he/she has never heard of it even though he/she is an academic, but as a matter of fact the Vedic scriptures, or Vedas do exist. This one person, alongside many other "experts" just don't know everything, and certainly didn't know about the Vedas.

He/she just jumped to the conclusion that he/she knew everythng about ancient cultures, but he/she didn't sorry to say.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

Can you also do the behind-the-cloud trick?

Well it is dark here .However I have made a short video to show the effect of a light behind double glazing and how it becomes a double image that is not there in reality.I shot this through my double glazed door and at a solar lamp.I am sure it would work even better with the sun.Please note the lack of glare on the double image(on the left) that would allow something like a cloud to be seen through it if it had of been the sun.Sorry about quite commentary my kids are in bed.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Well it is dark here .However I have made a short video to show the effect of a light behind double glazing and how it becomes a double image that is not there in reality.I shot this through my double glazed door and at a solar lamp.

Nice experiement, however, the image moved when you moved the camera, and this thing did not move when whoever shot it was moving the camera.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

That's because he moved his camera left and right I moved mine back and forth ,that is what makes the images move.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Nibiru is bunk, and this video is certainly not a sun or planet that one dude only caught on his cellphone, yet all the telescopes pointed at the sky completely missed it. Even though it would have been there months before, and would still be there now. It's not. That people can even CONSIDER this to be a body in our solar system just boggles my mind.

there has been a spot on the sun in the same place since atleast march(first time some one noticed it) bottom right corner of the sun. i would put a link to soho so you could see it but i dont know how. check it out and tell me what you think.like i said before you can also see something coming out of the right side of the sun.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Thank you.

How do you explain the difference in size? in your video, the reflection is between half and full size of the light.

In the OP's video, the "2nd sun" is about 1/10 of the sun.

And the lens flare in the OP's video is actually two lens flares.

Also, how do you explain that in the OP's video there is no parallax at all, when he moves the camera from side to side? in your video, the reflection moves quite a lot because the camera is just behind the glass.

How do you also explain the sunset in the OP's video? the "2nd sun" is behind the cloud, clearly.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by masterp]

Can you move your camera left and right, just like the OP?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by masterp

I don't have all the answers gee dyor I am just showing in a very quick way how it is possible to get a double image of a light source when one shots a video through a double glazed window.Also the second light source has far less glare than the original light thus would not obliterate the clouds etc.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

That's because he moved his camera left and right I moved mine back and forth ,that is what makes the images move.

Moving the camera left and right would make the object move left and right if it was the same as yours, would it not? Did you try to recreate it just like he did?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Here's an EASY way for you ALL to check if it's legit.

IF the planet was there a week ago, it will STILL be in the vicinity of the sun as viewed from ANYWHERE on Earth. This is a FACT.

Step 1. Put on a weilding helmet/goggles
Step 2. Look at the sun

Can you see the planet?
I can't.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NathanNewZealand

Here's an EASY way for you ALL to check if it's legit.

IF the planet was there a week ago, it will STILL be in the vicinity of the sun as viewed from ANYWHERE on Earth. This is a FACT.

Step 1. Put on a weilding helmet/goggles
Step 2. Look at the sun

Can you see the planet?
I can't.

That because you are now blind from looking directly at the sun.
NEVER DO IT even with bloody welding goggles.
Joking apart you are right it is not there, period.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NathanNewZealand

Can you see the planet?
I can't.

It could have been a UFO for all we know.

I am as eager to know exactly what this is, but trying to disregard it because you can't see it now, just proves that you can't see it now.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join