It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compelling footage of a planet X like object near the sun shot on (21.04.09)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
As much as I want this to be real, there is something dodgy about it, but not sure what it is. I browsed YouTube and found a guy that videoed the Sun on that same day, but I see no secondary object next to it:

[edit on 4-5-2009 by JasonT]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Freeze the vid at 3min, and look at the reflection of the person taking the vid -its a grey. Small mouth and big eyes. This image starts around 1:50 and goes till the next flip of the vid. Not sure what to think. Normally there is a reason for this like most of the posts here.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
it is interesting that this anomaly goes behind the cloud:

so, it is not lens flare or any another lens effect in my opinion

and, as for the reflection on the window glass: if you look carefully there are reflections on the glass behaving as they should - they are moving, but the anomaly is not moving like reflections are...

... hence, it is not a reflection on the window glass

[edit on 4-5-2009 by donhuangenaro]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
JasonT that vidoe was taken on April 9th not suppose planet x taken on April 21st.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Lol i just remembered that we revolve around the sun so this planet x might be visible somewhere else (depending on its revolution). If planet x exists this is not it. Remember a planet will not appear to be even close to the size of our sun ESPECIALLY if its behind our sun. There are some simple facts people should remember. To me it feels like some people in this site are hungry for attention.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Tinted thermopayne glass and a cell phone camera. The clouds are in front of the little one because it's distorted from the original because of the distance between the layers of glass. 6 billion people and only 1 person saw it. Nothing too strange

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Sorry my mistake it was not taken on 9th of April.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
A post last year on ATS said that the first sighting of Niburu would be May 2009 ,maybe this is what was discussed is coming to fruition. Who put up the suggestion,? and how did he/she know it would be May 2009?

[edit on 4-5-2009 by stmichael]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Argentus has it right on page one.

It is descending at exactly the same rate as the sun.

Also it either is closer to the earth than the sun, and is generating its own light, so therefore a star much smaller than is possible to generate such light, as it would have become a neutron star or such like.

The above is impossible.

It therefore would have to be behind the sun relative to the earth and reflecting the light back to earth. Given its size in the frame that would mean it was much bigger than Jupiter! and made entirely of Mirrors or a totally white surface like ice with no atmosphere. the brightness is comparable to the suns, and for that to happen from an object just reflecting the sun and further from us than the sun itself would as shown above be nearly impossible.

It is a CCD camera, glitch or some type, some microchip processing of the bright light from the sun causing the anomoly.

Not real, Argentus points this out, and any explanations to state such an object even if in total synch with the sun, if infront of or behind the sun relative to the earth make it again impossible.

nothing here to see except bugs in the machine.

Elf.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What I find most amazing of this clip is that while moving the camera the "planet" stays in it's position. That could not happen if it was a simple reflection.

The only way to prove if this is real or not is too get the same phone and film the sunset while reducing the brightness

Or maybe the guy that made this video is really good with Sony Vega

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ThePowerOfOne]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I am sure someone has already said this ,,

My gut reaction is its a 'Sundog'

Google sundog and take a look some are breathtaking

sometimes u can just see the spots from a sundog , this is what i think the object next to the sun is .

PEACE!

QS

[edit on 4/5/09 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Its pretty old. Was shown to be lens flare or whatever. It was cool to look at during the 2012 hysteria though.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I am not sure if the moon can reflect the sun in the way that this video showed, but it certainly would fit the size descrition. I definately have not seen enough evidence to suggest that Niburu exists. It would seem that if this was Niburu, then we could see it for a while and there would be no doubt about what it was.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Theres no way that if this were real that someone somewhere wouldnt have contacted the press and the world would have heard about something this big. I hate to say this but this is a classic case of a clone tool in some photo software. It looks great, I have to admit, but its simply too big and too good to be true.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
As much as I have said that it is refraction of the sun,the more I watch it the more I am doubting that explanation.Because that is fine to explain this picture

However the video clearly shows the camera moving around and the second object stays in exactly the same place.If it was an image caused by the window refactoring the sun I would expect to see the second sun moving as the camera moves because it would be a lot closer to the camera than the sun, being an image caused by the window.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by tarifa37]

[edit on 4-5-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I look at the sunset, as most people do everyday since it's a very beautiful natural thing to watch, and I've never seen any hint of another body approaching from behind the sun.

A body that size traveling inside the solar system would throw the orbits of every planetary body into complete disarray.

There's plenty of real conspiracies out there that deserve closer attention, this isn't one of them. It's a complete hoax.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
howdy folks. this is officially my first post, and the first time i've been on ATS. i must say i was intrigued, as i'm a photographer/videographer. i've seen similar issues with lens flare to explain the little ball that was floating around on the outside and moving wildly, but as the orb to the right of the sun was in question, we'll address that instead. if you've ever shot through a glass door before, you'll notice there are two panes involved, and usually an argon or some other type of gas in between them. this can cause bright lights to come through the two panes at their brightest point, but then bounce back and reflect from the pane closest to you at an angle back onto the second of the two panes thus rendering a dimmer reflection that has been reversed twice, and so is back into its original version, but generally (depending on the spacing of the glass and the density of gas inside) about half its original size. also, most lenses on camera phones are protected with an additional layer of plastic to keep them from getting screwed up in your pocket. there's a chance that this had some effect (similar to the two-pane effect)... also watch the video again on mute. you'll notice that when you're not listening to trancey sci-fi techno music, it's just not as impressive. i say we move onto bigger fish now... it's a reflection of some sort. and think astronomically about what the effect of a hidden planet would be... and the fact that we'd have seen it by now. and the fact that staring into the sun is really bad for your eyes... and potentially your cameras as well! haha. well that's my bit from a visual arts using perspective... not to mention, as others have already... we would have seen the thing by now! and it certainly wouldn't be see-through. and only visible in Cyrillic-using countries. ciao. thanks for reading.
jm

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JasonT
As much as I want this to be real, there is something dodgy about it, but not sure what it is. I browsed YouTube and found a guy that videoed the Sun on that same day, but I see no secondary object next to it:

[edit on 4-5-2009 by JasonT]

I am now wondering if the thing that could be dodgy about it may be that the sun is the SECOND object and the larger object is a bright reflection of the sun on the window.If you look at the size of the sun in your vid it looks a lot closer in size to the second object in the other video.Plus your video of the sun setting is much less bright and the sun can be seen as a sphere without too much glare, unlike the huge amount of glare with our vid.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmay77cr

Star for you, I must say I like your explanation more than my own.You may have nailed it.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
My first inclination would be to think that it is the moon in a daytime phase. I could very well be wrong and if this same shot could be duplicated a week later it could rule out the moon. If you know the guy who shot the video perhaps he can do it again when the moon is in a different phase, this would provide some more definitive answers. Until there is more evidence I am going to assume that it is the moon (and definitely hope I'm right), because the alternative is way too scary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join