It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compelling footage of a planet X like object near the sun shot on (21.04.09)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This is my first post.
I think that if there is a planet x it is not a planet but rather a brown dwarf star. I know that sounds weird but it makes more sense when you look at the photos and videos of it. Just what I think.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I found 2 very interesting youtube vids - they are from the NASA soho movie player -

I watched the vids inserted, then I played around with the Soho viewer myself: sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

What is intersting - is the planet or whatever it is - does come up in the viewer only on one frame each day the youtube vid shows it.

What I then did, was kept a mark on my screen of where the planet/something showed up on the screen... what I found is though things light up all around the universe as you are watching it, but interesting enough that one spot does not light up at anytime.

So, question - were those couple of frames missed of covering up the spot and the planet showed through.

I am very interested in the Nibiru possiblities - there does seem to be some basis of real possibilites of it due to ancient drawings in Egypt, Mexico etc.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
this is cheap but affective.

the yellow dot is the sun, the black dot is the camera.
the black line is the window and the grey line represents the flow of light into a camera lens.
this is what creates the second planet.

I checked the images when the "planet" is covered by clouds and buildings again, and realized that they are actuallly consistent with this theory.
The "planet" is nothing but a dimmer reflection of the sun on the window glas.

When the "planet" is partially covered by the flat cloud while the sun appears not to, the sun is actually covered by the flat cloud, too. It's just not visible because the sun is much lighter and scatters more light so you don't see the cloud in front of it.

Then the "planet" is behind something which appears to be a chimney. But strangely, this time the "planet" is not covered but completely shines through. The reason being it is just the reflection of the sun which is not covered by a chimney.

Finally, the "planet" seems partially covered by the top of a building to its lower left side. But if you compare the image to earlier images, you notice that there isn't actually any building at that point. Again, it's just the reflection of the sun which is partially covered by a building at that moment. And again, you cannot see that the sun is partially covered since it's much lighter.

So I'd say your theory is spot on. It's just a reflection in the mirror glas.

One doesn't notice that immediately because the sun scatters much more light than its reflection. That, and because the guy cleverly cut out the right parts, disguising what is actually going on. Finally, he made the "planet" disappear before the sun - by simply removing the glas and thus the reflection. You can tell so by the different appearence of the images, the glas is suddenly gone.

So in a way this is real, the camera shows what can actually be seen. And in a way it's fake since the guy purposely created the illusion that there was a distinct object next to the sun, by his glas trickery.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Verklagekasper]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

I am making a suggestion its to add more theories to the thread, if you work it out for your selves good but no need to get personal, I am posing a question not a definative answer.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I do not care what it is planet X,lens flare or CGI this is why i made my mind up:If it was that big and near the sun 1/2 of the planet should have been able to see it, there would be millions of videos like this on the same day. and always remember

"the phone sonny ericsson w58oi nor any filter not used, except for reducing the brightness""

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr.Creagula
Lol i just remembered that we revolve around the sun so this planet x might be visible somewhere else (depending on its revolution). If planet x exists this is not it. Remember a planet will not appear to be even close to the size of our sun ESPECIALLY if its behind our sun. There are some simple facts people should remember. To me it feels like some people in this site are hungry for attention.

Medical doc? I guess that makes you a sorcerer, or pharmakia. This 'planet x' is in orbit around our twin star, Nemesis. A 3,600 year elliptical orbit, and it always causes massive destruction. Well, both previous passes. It is a dwarf star, much smaller than our sun, but bigger than any planets we have here. Dwarf star; not very bright, but still shines. Do a little research before you start flagellating others for ignorance.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I am no expert, no astronomer or such. But I have been expecting a dim star at the exact time and place that others are now claiming this is. Perhaps they are fraudulant, but because of other factors, I kinda doubt it. Note the perterbations of the outer planets, the announcement by NASA that there was a huge incoming object, and then their shutting up, note the solar weather affecting this planets 'global warming' and our weather. Note the leftists attempts to use it to gain money and power. Note it's prophesy to come at this particular time. Maybe it's a hoax. Maybe not. Maybe some solid sceptics won't believe it until there are two suns in our sky, and it's 125 outside, everywhere. Oh, that's right, you won't believe it even then. Fine. No skin off my teeth.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Okay, first, I hope that Im not catching this too late and somebody already posted the answer or nobody will read this. There's no reason to decide to be a skeptic or a believer. A possibly momentous event for information is completely ignored by jumping to our previous held or leaned-to beliefs. This event has been a great example of how we have forgotten to use logic and reasoning and instead rely on faith. In an effort to perform a minute amount of critical thinking, I decided to indulge in what proved to be a possibly brief research project. Here's the link I found. Maybe this is still connected to Planet X theory, or maybe the theory is incorrect. Either way, the truth cannot be discovered until we learn to properly assess situations and end our tendency to attempt to support our own beliefs. I'm not the greatest with astronomy, so I'm putting this up so hopefully somebody can tell if this has anything to do with this event. Seems to me like this is quite a coincidence or a part of the puzzle. Anyway, here's the link, do with it what you will.

Another New Comet – C/2009 G1 (STEREO)

transientsky.wordpress.com...

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Hohuwah]

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Hohuwah]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hohuwah

In a nutshell; Comet – C/2009 G1 (STEREO) is not and was not visible to the naked eye. It is very small, very dim, and now quite gone.

[edit on 5/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Wow
just a side note ,this video has has 12,347 views directly linked to this thread and now has 64,085 in total.I thought this video would go large but am surprised at how big it is getting .Just shows how many people are into this kind of thing.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

some people are just cray.z

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I made a couple of images, based on a solar system projector online. Where things were the day the video was shot, where things are today, and where the 'object' should or would probably be if it exists.

April 21st:

May 8th:

Looking at April 21st... seems there are a few objects that it could have been, objects we already know about. However, what would cause them to look so big? Some light reflective fluke? *shrugs* I'm not trying to prove any sort of point with these, just speculations.

Also, if the 'object' were moving, and is now hidden behind the sun, I marked about where it would be.

edit: not sure how to make the images display here...

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Demonis]

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Demonis]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The second object goes behind the clouds. It is therefore not so near as to be an earthly object. It shines like a star, thus ruling out a planet, unless that panet were in between the Earth and the sun and made of glass. Reflective "sundogs" are unlikely due to it's lack of change during the filming of it. Clouds move and thus water vapour changes and so should the object as well. It did not. This leaves only two possibilities. Either a second sun has moved into the solar system in an almost direct path behind the sun reletive to Earth, or, a CME (Coronal Mass Ejection) of historic proportions ripped away from the surface of the sun itself. Both of these would mean hard times for planet Earth. I plan to do some research and see what it reveals.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Verklagekasper

How come the reflection is so bright?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
reply to post by Verklagekasper

How come the reflection is so bright?

Because the sun is bright...

I just recreated the effect with a street light. Watch how the "twin" reflection disappears and reappears as im opening and closing the window which has two glass plates. I couldn't recreate the effect with a single glass plate and haven't fully understood yet how exactly it works with two plates (I guess the light reflected back and forth between the plates), but obviously it works.

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Verklagekasper]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
There are many who think of Eris when planet x is mentioned.
en.wikipedia.org...(dwarf_planet)

Note the "Athenian painting of Eris, circa 550 BC" down a little to the right, and that this picture is winged as well. Thanks questioningall for the videos of soho.
And I don't even support planet x, but there does seem to be a lot of supporting circumstantial evidence of a possibility that there is something to this.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by mystiq]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Hello everyone. For the last few days I was sure this was a hoax. Now I'm not so sure. I've got some proof that actually backs up this pick. It's from nasa. It's official. Check out the sun xrt images from the last 3 days. You can clearly see that there is infact an object- I say object because this is clearly not solar flare activity. If I am wrong, then I appologize in advance. Please have a look for yourselves. I've also taken screen shots of this incase it is taken down. Interesting how they aren't showing us the sun today though. This object/flare should be ALOT bigger and clearer since it seems to be moving around the sun. I also believe that the infrared pictures recorded from this site are actually show in reverse from there original direction.
xrt.cfa.harvard.edu...

thats from yesterday

thats from weds.

heres today-

Anyway- just thought I'd throw that up.

"So long and thanks for all the fish"

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WonkoTheSane

Those are active areas on the Sun's surface. They were not present on the alleged date of the video.

NASA's STEREO-B spacecraft is monitoring a pair of active regions hidden behind the sun's eastern limb. They are the bright "hot spots" in this photo taken by STEREO-B's extreme ultraviolet telescope just a few hours ago:

On May 5th and 6th, magnetic fields in the vicinity of these regions erupted, hurling at least three coronal mass ejections (CMEs) into space. Since then, no explosions have been observed. The sunspots probably located at the base of these active regions might be in decay--or they might be regrouping for a new round of CMEs. We'll find out when the sun's rotation turns the active zone toward Earth for a better view in the days ahead. Readers with solar telescopes should train their optics on the eastern limb.

HERE THEY COME: The first of two new active regions, described below, is emerging over the sun's northeastern limb. Click on the links for photos: from Pete Lawrence of Selsey, West Sussex, UK; from from Jesper Sorensen of Kastrup, Denmark.

spaceweather.com...

[edit on 5/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

www.badastronomy.com...

There is a picture posted at www.cyberspaceorbit.com... which is called the "Ra" image because there is a feature that looks like the symbol for the Egyptian god Ra. This is a perfect example of a bright object blooming. If you go through the SOHO archive, you'll see this happening whenever a bright object is in the image. Venus is the brightest thing you'll see, and it blooms quite a bit. I don't know what was in the SOHO field in the Ra image, but it was bright and it bloomed (it may have been a very energetic CR). Those "wings" are not real. They are simply electrons that overflowed inside the CCD itself.

You can see several examples on this page: www.iwonderproductions.com... In fact, the explanation given by Joe Gurman on that page is correct, and the webpage author didn't believe him. The cosmic rays and bright objects give the same shape every time because what's happening is inside the CCD, not on the sky.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Monkey-Bo...I mean Phage. Sorry, Im a huge BB fan. I figured as much but just wanted to throw that up in the hopes that someone who knew a little more about the sun's solar cycles could give me their 2 cents. Thank you thank you.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join