It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Supports Treaty Outlawing Gun Possession!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
jesus christ people, can you read the link before you start posting? i know the US government isn't the most honorable government in the world, but i still give them the benefit of the doubt and research before pointing fingers. find me any area of that TREATY (not legislation) that states that the United States will begin to stop selling weapons and begin collecting them from citizens.

KEY WORD; ILLICIT

yet everybody wonders why reports are released which warns of the threat of right wing extremism. I bet you people were the ones crying about that, and then in the next breath you're posting online about how if the government tries to take your guns away... i think one person said 'there will be a bloodbath'

i have a great idea... stop going to infowars. if you can't determine that this guy is only spreading disinfo to sell DVD's, then you are not at the mental capacity to own and operate a firearm. oh yeah... IMHO

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
isnt this the last thing hitler took away ofrom his people before he went all...... well you know, hitlerey. (yes i made up a new word) lol i dont trust obama, i used to think it was all busdh and obama would be differant but i now realize he is minipulated by the EXACT same people that ran bush... he is a liar and he hasent help up on a single campaine promise... it is a shame that the first black president has to be minipulated in such a way that it will probobly ruin any chance of a black man or woman being president (im not saying he messed up tooooo bad now but im sure he will reveal himself soon enough)

ANTICRIST...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tylerc25211
he is a liar and he hasent help up on a single campaine promise...

i don't want to list them, but here is a pretty handy chart which shows his promises and how he is coming along with them. I would say being in office for only 4 months, he is doing pretty good at keeping his word. time will tell. and once again, he is not taking our guns away... read the treaty.

www.politifact.com...

(edit to include link cause i suffer from stupid)

[edit on 6-5-2009 by WinoBot]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Well what is a "qualifying" firearm now? A hunting rifle? What will a "qualifying" firearm be say... 4 years down the line? A BB gun? Soft air gun? What about 8 years down the line? Only Sling shots will be considered as "qualifying" firearms?

It always starts like this (tyranny) when trying to take over a country, start em off slow, taking only small things, then later you can just say "Let them have cake!" as one snobby french queen said ("cake" back then by the way, is not the same cake we're thinking off, but RAW dough, or something like that, it was nasty stuff)

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Question]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
We need our guns to fight against our government!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You know, I am sick of the gun crazed people in the US. Sick of it. No one wants to ban guns. It's the automatic weapons that serve no purpose. What does anyone need an assault rifle for? An MK-47? Any similar weapon? Why do you need any of these? What do you do with them? Seriously, what is the purpose of these weapons? Do you hunt with them? I don't think so, although I am sure plenty of you with these types of weapons enjoy blowing animals apart with them.

Do you understand that these weapons can be purchased legally from private citizens? Which means any terrorist in this country has a very easy time buying weapons. These weapons can also be purchased at swap meets and flea markets. I mean, give me a break. No ID needed?

I am sick of the NRA and every member of that organization. You all are some of the scariest people in this country.

Obama supports a treaty to outlaw gun possession? LMAO. Tell the truth. You can have a handguns, rifles, shotguns. What else do you need? Why do you need automatic weapons? WHY? YOU DON'T NEED THEM UNLESS YOU ARE A TERRORIST!!

TELL THE TRUTH!

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Obama is just another figure head, a puppet like Bush. He's from the same cooperate as Bush and Clinton. Look at the people he has hired, they are all from the same bull#.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6-5-2009 by memory_nuke]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

I'm not sure what your getting at here... Sale of automatic weapons is already licensed and controlled, and VERY expensive. Only rich people can have automatics... feel safer now? And automatics being sold without ID? not legally they're not... enforce the laws we have, no need for new ones.

Taking that info and looking at your post makes it... well, a pretty pointless little tirade

And oh yes THE TERRORISTS!!! oh my!!!! take all of our guns that way when the REAL terrorists show up we can throw rocks at them

[edit on 6-5-2009 by XTexan]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

The Constitution gives Treaties equal weight with the Constitution, but that does not mean that Treaties can be used to amend the Constitution. Article V proscribes the legal processes for amending the Constitution. The Second Amendment is to prevent tyranny and other illegal methods of amending the Constitution.

"Living, breathing documents aren't worth the paper they are printed on. If the Constitution doesn't mean what the words say, then it is not worth defending.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by CharlesMartel]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

It's the government's fault for installing fear into the people of America. That the terrorists are going to get us? How can you blame them for wanting to protect their families?

American's are losing freedom everyday, look at the Patriot Act.

Ultimately, if worse comes to worse we'll need them to stand up against the government.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I don't NEED my 1966 427, 4-speed convertible Corvette, BUT I WANT IT and it's no one else's damned business.

I don't NEED cable tv. But I want it, I have a right to it, and if you want to use rabbit ears, just stay out of my business.

Negative opinions on automatic weapons are as skewered and as foolish as anything I've ever heard.

Those who don't like automatic weapons should probably not purchase them.

Those who fear automatic weapons should keep away from them.

I'll bet not one of these fullautophobics can set the head space on a Browning .50, or convert a Remington .22 Nylon into full auto in under five minutes.

Those who are adverse to automatic weapons should tend to their mittens, and let the men with a swinging pair scratch theirs.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by dooper]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

Sale of automatic weapons is already licensed and controlled, and VERY expensive. And automatics being sold without ID? not legally they're not... enforce the laws we have, no need for new ones.

Taking that info and looking at your post makes it... well, a pretty pointless little tirade

It is legal in this country to buy weapons from a private seller with no ID. Which means they can also be purchased at swap meets the same way. This was covered on 20/20 a few weeks ago. A kid went into a swap meet and after about 20 minutes had purchased about ten assault weapons for about $2000 and one person asked him for an ID and when he said he didn't have one, he still sold the gun to the kid.

My tirade? LMAO. Why do you need automatic weapons? Answer the question. What is the purpose in your life for such weapons? What problem do they solve that a handgun or rifle or shotgun don't solve? Seriously.....

NONE!

I had friends that were into assault weapons. They would buy junk cars on the weekend, take them to a field and set them up so they could drive around in a circle and they would get drunk, do drugs and shoot the crap out of the cars with their much needed automatic weapons. Is this what you need them for? Is this the precious right of yours that someone is trying to take away?

Terrorists need assault weapons as do OUR MILITARY....civilians have no need for them and should not be allowed to have them for any reason.

NRA =

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Those who are adverse to automatic weapons should tend to their mittens, and let the men with a swinging pair scratch theirs.

LMAO. This is funny. It is a known fact that most men that need these weapons and big huge trucks, etc....tend to be the ones without much to swing. They're also the ones that beat their wives after finishing off a 30 pack every night and get their kicks killing animals for no reason.

NO ONE and I mean NO ONE thinks a guy with big guns has anything to swing. It's quite the opposite friend.

Just the fact that you had to talk about your "swinging pair" tells us all a great deal about what is lacking in your life and why you must have big weapons to make up for it.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

All NFA items must be registered with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). Private owners wishing to purchase an NFA item must obtain permission from the ATF, obtain a signature from the county sheriff or city or town chief of police (not necessarily permission), pass an extensive background check to include submitting a photograph and finger prints, fully register the firearm, receive ATF written permission before moving the firearm across state lines, and pay a tax. The request to transfer ownership of an NFA item is made on an ATF Form 4

Source

Are you talking about full-autos or semi-autos?

Full autos are very expensive and require a lot of hoops to jump through in order to obtain one, otherwise I would have one. Any sales that do not go through this process are illegal and should be dealt with using the laws we already have in place.

Oh, and quit broadly judging gun owners as rednecks that beat wives and mutilate animals, its offensive and makes you seem like a complete moron who doesn't know what he's talking about... And judging by the way you mix and swap the terms full-auto and semi-auto and your lack of knowldge of the Federal Firearms Act that may not be far from the truth.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

And judging by the way you mix and swap the terms full-auto and semi-auto

I never used either term. Could you show me where I did? Thanks. I also never used the term "redneck" but you did. But since you did, I have to say that I would feel safer fighting a terrorist carrying an automatic weapon than I would a redneck carrying an automatic weapon. A redneck with an automatic weapon is a very VERY scary thing and it appears our president feels the same way. IMHO of course...

Are you afraid you won't be able to defend yourself with a more traditional weapon? You need lots of bullets per second because you can't aim and fire a single shot and make it count? Just curious....

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

What purpose do they serve? To kill tyrants, like our govt.
I'm sick and tired of you so called "peace loving" hippies not understanding what the second amendment is about. I want you to point to me in the second amendment that it says that people can ONLY bear arms ONLY if they are hunting, where? You done? NOWHERE does it say that guns are for hunting purposes only. Why don't you do yourself a favor and re-read your history because you're obviously lacking in knowledge and obviously you don't know what our country is about.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

You know what youngster? I'm always interested in why those that feel they are more educated and smarter than we are thinks that they in their infinite wisdom know better than all us Ole' Rednecks. It shows that their education is lacking in much of what this country was and is founded on. It shows that the school books you've been learning from aren't worth the powder to blow them to hell. It shows that you and your 'Useful idiot friends' in the liberal wing of this country have no real idea what they are going to have happen if their Utopian country is ever to be found. You, someday will regret the way you think. You will wonder how everything you hold dear is nothing but smoke and mirrors!
Zindo

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
ok I have to say something to that excite person(and those who think like he does about banning weapons).

You are living under a rock dude.

First of all...you say AK-47 like it is the end all be all of weapons. The AK-47 is sold in the United states as a single shot rifle. It is not allowed to be automatic unless you mess with the trigger assembly, and as soon as you do that, it is ILLEGAL. AR-15..same thing applies. Its not like people are carrying around 50 cal machine guns runnin around in the streets.
Like an above poster said, only the rich or well connected individuals get automatic rifles, but even then it is still illegal if they do not have the right to carry that weapon.

Second of All...You sound like you dont have any kind of respect for weapons. Its not the guns you should be afraid of, it is the people that are behind the guns that you should worry about. If they didnt have a gun, do you think that would stop them from doing harm to anyone>? No it wouldnt, it would just make them think of a different and chances are far more dramatic weapons to use if they couldnt use guns. Im sure you have heard the saying "Guns dont kill people, People kill people".

Third of All... Unlike most of the world, America was founded on principles that the US govt nor any other agency foreign or domestic can interfere with. Those principles were written by men a lot smarter than the clowns that we have in office today that are trying to eradicate those principles.
First it was Clinton, now it is Obama trying to tamper with our gun laws as if they were the real problem that we are facing today, it isnt. The reason why so many people are getting sick and tired of the govt, isbecause they are trying to tell people what they can and cannot have according to the way THEY view the world. It is not their position to tell Americans what they can and cannot have to protect themselves and their families. You act as if every gun owning person in America(oh and just the people in America) are crazy lunatics ready to pop a cap in anything that walks near them.
It is a very old and ignorant statement that I keep hearing from the left that doesnt hold water. (btw Im a independant not a republican so dont try to hit me with a "but repubs do this..crap)..it doesnt work with me cause I dont care whos doing it, whoever is doing it, is Facking up on a whole new level.

GUN LAWS SHOULD NOT BE TAMPERED WITH.-My Stance.

And lastly...Ima give you a little scenario...(for kicks sake)

You are in your home with your family, chillen watching Oprah spill her rhetoric to lost minds, while in the meantime there is a couple of yahoos outside your home trying to get that life savings that you have collected in a shoebox hidden underneath your workboots(oh and also that hot wife that you have). So they bash in your window(lets just say theres 3 of them)and come pouring into your house. They are all carring shotguns and are mad as hell that you didnt leave the front door open for them.
They come rushing into your home screaming and yelling making their way to your room,(at this time you are fully aware that they are there and intent on hurting you and your family). Your beautiful wife is sitting next to you, your two beautiful children are scared, cringing and crying hiding under the bed. You going to tell me at that point in time you are just going to pull your C*ck out to intimidate them? You going to talk them down and try to tell them that everything is ok and that they can have whatever it is that they want? Of course you would, to protect your family you would give your own life. Heres the problem though....what if they didnt want you or your family to live in the first place? What if they took everything they could, and at the end, took you and your family out for whatever reason they felt logical at the time?
Wouldnt you have wished at that time that you would have went down to the sporting goods store and bought that AK-47 you seem to hate so much to save your family? Of course you would.

I know a lot of you support Obama and whatever he does, but are you willing to let him dictate whether you live or die>? Does he have that much power over you ? Sounds to me like he has a lot of you fooled and that this world is going to go on in the future holding hands and singing Joy To The World.

Get yours heads out of your asses please.

To the OP- If I went off topic with this, my bad. I just think that all of these gun laws tie in together and that people should be loking at the bigger picture here .

Just my view.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I have plenty of respect for guns. I have guns.

Secondly.....you should look at the big picture and look at the reality of all this. The reality that has been the reality ever since this argument started. Those that want automatic weapons use the Constitution in a warped manner. There were no automatic weapons when the Constitution was written.

You all (the automatic weapon lovers and those that believe US citizens should be carrying them around) use the Constitution as a crutch. You hide behind it. You know this is all a smoke show. You just want your damn toys and use the Constitition and the NRA to get away with it. You all know how full of crap you are. You know the truth. The truth is not that you feel it is your right. The truth is you don't care to have your toys taken away. This in my educated opinion...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Question

What purpose do they serve? To kill tyrants, like our govt.

Now this is scary and there is noting scarier than reality. Truth is stranger than fiction. You just proved my entire point in one sentence. You want to kill our government? What does that mean? You sound like a terrorist. Do you see that?

Do you now understand why it's a very good idea to ban automatic weapons? This person is only one of hundreds of millions.

How many members does the NRA have? If they are all like this, I am rightly concerned.

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join