It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myth Busters Mock Chem Trail Theorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

(click to open player in new window)

So, I was catching up on Myth Busters This evening, and I was surprised and disappointed to see the above at the beginning of Wednesday's show. In one fell swoop they introduced the theory to the mainstream public and marginalized it all at once. For people who are supposedly open-minded, the Myth Busters sure seem to like to laugh at those who don't share their world view.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

omg they must be paid disinfo agents!

...Or they, like most half intelligent people think the chemtrail theory is a complete joke.

[edit on 4/5/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight
For people who are supposedly open-minded, the Myth Busters sure seem to like to laugh at those who don't share their world view.

Perhaps they looked into the issue and decided for themselves that the issue is totally bogus ? Thats not to say they did not research it either.

[edit on 5/4/09 by FredT]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I'm not arguing one way or the other on the validity of the theory, but to come right out and laugh at and marginalize it is just wrong. The only reason they mentioned it at all was so they could mock it.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I guess he didnt read up...on the suggestions from obama admistration to do this for "weather" modifications....Link here

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GOTZEUS
I guess he didnt read up...on the suggestions from obama admistration to do this for "weather" modifications....Link here

I guess you don't like to read up either.

Tell us where that article mentions anything about chemtrails?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I didn't see this as mocking perse. Perhaps they found the idea ridiculous, as do many others who never heard of chemtrails before. Whether they do, or don't know about chemtrails is a bit irrelevant, this subject is too hot for them, just like scaling down and recreating what happend on 9/11 for instance. They just have to worry about viewers.

I am still not convinced about the whole chemtrail issue myself. I have been taking fotographs of the sky (trails) for months myself. And I must admit there are a lot of shots with suspicious kinds of trails that seemed to grow towards eachoter and form a complete blanket. My point is, that there are clear difrences, and some are verry strange indeed. Add that to the fact that some governments admitted that they "dabbled" in those regions, but only in an experimental way (sure). So A. it's possible, they've done it before. B. I trust our leaders as far as I can throw them.

Allthough some were strange, and must have had an alternative explaination, I gave up on taking photo's. Whether I was on to something, or chasing windmills, it's not as if I can change anything with it. IF it happens, it happens in such a way, that we can't touch it, period. All I can do, is hope i'm wrong, for the sake of my children.

For anyone who's interested in the pictures I took, here's a link to them:
Pictures of con-/chem-trails

[edit on 4-5-2009 by 2Faced]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Laughing at chemtrails as 'poison' i can well understand as there are far more efficient ways ( such as putting fluoride in your water) to poison people than spraying it from the sky. What was far more surprising was the offhand dismissal of LERN ( Cold fusion) when that is most certainly no longer such a taboo subject to discuss on even popular slightly alternative TV shows.

So much for 'mythbusters' but perhaps we should really be laughing at those , you don't have to include yourself LiquidLight, who think they will see cutting edge ' conspiracy' research on popular tv shows?

Stellar

[edit on 4-5-2009 by StellarX]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Originally posted by GOTZEUS

I guess you don't like to read up either.

Tell us where that article mentions anything about chemtrails?

Hear hear Chadwickus! Couldn't agree with you more.
Nowhere in the entire article does it mention vapour trails, jets or any such method of deploying chemicals. It's a pity that some ATS members like to try to spread panic amoungst those who may not have had time to read all the facts.
I could have quoted a Noddy book that would have had just as much relevance as that article.

new topics

top topics

join