It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Death Suicide Workshop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
DR Death

The controversial euthanasia activist 'Dr Death' will be hosting his suicide workshop targeting older people in a seaside retirement town. Dr Philip Nitschke will use the meetings in Bournemouth, Dorset, to demonstrate his DIY suicide kit which includes a helium-filled 'exit bag' which is placed over the head, drugs from Mexico, morphine and DIY Peaceful Pills

This is the second time Nitschke will try to hold the sessions; his first attempt was thwarted after local officials caught wind of what he was doing. "It seems those opposing the right of elderly Britons to access end of life information went out of their way to close the meetings down," he said

Second Link

well, I dont even know what to say on this one. I do not know anyone who wants to die, but I am aware that there are some pretty "bad-off" people out there, but REALLY?! Really? it seems this guy has actually used this machine to kill people who wanted to be killed. THAT, in my opinion, is never the answer. if life ever become unbearable, PLEASE get some help or shoot me a U2U or something, there is beauty in every day.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

Yeah, cool, thanks for that. Interesting link/method. I thought punching a propane canister with spiked brass-knuckles would always do the trick.

It seems that we all must strive to hold on, to be that fica in someone's livingroom that always needs water. I get it.

No one wants a bummer of a day. And, yet, some people have those bummer-days, and do not wish to bum anyone else out. So the bummer-days pile.... I get that you want to help, but no one in their right mind would seek to bum someone else out.

I am not discounting your kindness, but if someone really wants to kill themselves they are really past that conversation. I think that is where Hunter S. Thompson found himself...past that conversation.

I remember the film Escape From L.A. when everyone had a choice. Our society has been conditioned to know that there is no choice. We must go on or we are this or that.

This world is crazy which-way, can't really blame anyone for thinking it is too much.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
they are really past that conversation. I think that is where Hunter S. Thompson found himself...past that conversation.

Haha, thats well put. The lowest point in my life revolves around my first loved one slipping out of the physical world and into the psychedelic one.

you can not reason with some; but that not always a bad thing.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

That's deep. And a valid enough reason for anyone to consider the act of suicide.

Love and touch and breath, it is very powerful, psychedelic in itself. There is fantasy and reality. Most people operate in reality, trying to prove that fantasy exists just about every second of their lives, and yet we are disappointed when it does not work out. There is the ethereal, but we are too busy and lost to tap into that...during most moments of our lives, distraction.

What you experienced was painful. A crash and burn. It hurts. Someone we thought so much of. Someone we thought had x, y, and z going for them. We always want to believe that people (our friends and family) are ironclad, and suicide is the penultimate destruction of that fantasy.

This Suicide Factory, as it were, can give people the ethereal with the help of that guy and a helium tank and some other items grounded in reality. That's trippy. Probably a hundred dollar seminar or whatever (workshop), for the ultimate escape.

I wonder if it is ever held at the Marriot. They have a great continental breakfast.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by pluckynoonez]

new topics

top topics

join