It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Video: Neuroscientist has stroke and experiences Nirvana

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This woman had a brain hemorrhage and it reduced her to a child like state where she experiences true consciousness. Her left brain hemisphere shuts down and experiences life completely in the moment, devoid of any thought.

She is very passionate and you can feel what she is talking about. She was given a glimpse of our true enlightened state and it completely changed her life as it has mine.

Enjoy.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
SandF

I really thought to myself "I'm not going to watch 20 minute video of a half brain dead woman!" But I did, well only ten minutes, busy now but will watch the rest later and reply, I did enjoy it mainly. Thought she was kinda out there, but i'll have to see the rest and research it more, no harm in that.

By the way, if it wasn't from TED I probably would of watched it, but I love TED!

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Republican08]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
She pretty much describes what happens when you take a substance that I can't mention here. Interesting nevertheless and cool that she witnessed it naturally and is living to talk about it.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
one of the quickest 20 minutes i've spent
but one of the most incredible, puts the saying "change your mind" into perspective
thankyou, i had a tear or two at the end of that.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I am inspired to go meditate now... Thanks for the post!!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sticky

hahaha exactly what I was thinking.

I can go into the right hemisphere when ever I like. Shes not lying a lot of what she is saying is 100% accurate. Silence your mind and you become one with your surroundings. Your voice in your head is the only things that lets you know your in one space.

Good Stuff OP

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
This sounds like an experience I had inside a sensory deprivation tank. If you haven't tried one go do it, it is fun to play inside your head, but beware you may not like what you find...

edited for spelling

[edit on 4-5-2009 by SubliminalHacker]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
And the video ends with the tagline "There isn't a problem in the world that a designer can't solve". A little to agendistic for my tastes. I don't know. She didn't do a very good job as getting her point across in my mind and just came off as a new agey lady that had quite an out of body experience. Not much different from near death experiences. Interesting none the less.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Yes I should have mentioned you have to get through the whole video to really appreciate it. I was welling up with tears twords the end and that rarely happens to me.

Its funny how our educational system is almost solely based on left hemisphere development. Except for art class once a week, we are taught to focus on linear thinking and conditioned through regurgitating what we read back on paper. Imagine how different things would be if instead, we focused 90% on creative development and right side thinking and 10% on left brain activities. Something tells me we wouldn't be on the brink of destruction.

Subliminal hacker - i was actually planning on trying a sensory deprivation tank today...funny you should mention it. Did you try anything when you were in there, such as meditative techniques?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Very awesome vid!

I have experience of what she describes - I can touch that space if I focus in that direction, having found the path there through circumstances in my life.

As for which I choose... I choose both. While the right brain deals with the energies we use to cocreate this Universe, the left calculates expectations within what is being created with what has been created.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Your right about were only taught to learn with our left hemisphere. Thats why we need to save music and arts in our schools. If not? We would all be robots walking and talking basically. We need that creativity thats what makes us Human I guess.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

I think if we focused on 90% right and 10% left, we'd be farther from destruction but we would not even be having this discussion.

I think computers and the like would not even exist. We'd be more like animals. Less individual, and therefor less likely to create new ideas. True the right brain is the creative artistic side, but without the left brain, just how applicable is any of that to anything other than a state of bliss?

I guess thats what the story of adam and eve is trying to portray. It's like, yeah...we could just be blissed out naked humans living in a "garden of eden". But instead we ate the apple(left brain development) which allowed us to know details of our surroundings, rather than just being a part of our surroundings....

The left brain is the tree of knowledge, and knowledge itself is the fruit it bears....

dang i should sell this crap to people, I bet I could make some coin.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Because our body has something similar to that substance most likely and was probably released in high doses like when a person has a near death experience they become intoxicated by their own brain chemistry as if they just did a bunch of drugs and will cause similar effects like hallucinations and audio hallucinations.

Does this mean "enlightenment"
I guess that's a matter of opinion but the explanation for the nirvana is the long list of drug like chemicals in your brain, but that doesn't mean it's not something more.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
She pretty much describes what happens when you take a substance that I can't mention here. Interesting nevertheless and cool that she witnessed it naturally and is living to talk about it.

Heh Heh - Exactly! - Been there - Done that!!

When you look at the implications - it is really mind boggling the embargo here...

No wonder tyranical govt's find the stuff so offensive!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
that was a very beautiful expression of insight.
i passed the you tube link to a colleague of mine that is severely left brained.
i highly recommend watching the entire video.
thank you for posting this.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Nothing I haven't already experienced through means a poster above me implied about, but it is always welcoming to receive inspiration and communication about this little understood aspect of our realities. I really enjoy all the TED talks on YouTube, good find.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
For anyone who is interested in learning more about brain function in relation to the concepts discussed in this video, I would highly recommend the following book:

'___': The Spirit Molecule: A Doctor's Revolutionary Research into the Biology of Near-Death and Mystical Experiences

It relates to the video in that it deals with brain chemistry during NDE's (near-death-experiences), as well as touching upon the possible relationship between schizophrenia and various endogenous chemicals (that human bodies produce naturally).

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
truly amazing, thanks for the video, reminds me of listening to some terence mckenna, her experience is very similar to the psychedelic experience....i wonder what that says about psychedelics.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Very good post.

Motivates me to continue my studies of Buddhism.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Ummmmmmmmm. no. The same thing happens on hallucinogenic drugs: your brain malfunctions. Nothing else.

/ thread

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join