It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Humans an Experiment in a Petri Dish?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
In my thinking, there is little doubt of the experimental nature of our existence and in fact the experimental nature of all we are aware of (which btw, I imagine is very little in the overall scheme of things).

Having achieved a minor degree of consciousness, in general we think quite highly of ourselves as intelligent, creative, imaginative, compassionate and any number of other wonderful qualities. We are but complete neophytes in all those aspects, and mere shadows of That Which Created Us.

As to the primal question of why we were created in the first place, leaving aside the issue of creation versus evolution, I believe our ultimate purpose is companionship to that Celestial Scientist. Bare in mind, as a species, we have a long way to go in conscious evolution before we will have anything near the capacity to fulfill that function.

Does IT care about us? Probably, but not perhaps as we would hope, as in the "all prayers answered" sort of fashion. I believe before we can hope for IT's assistance, we must reach an evolutionary point in which we are able to begin actual one on One communication with IT and begin to understand what IT desires of us. I, for one, am not even close yet, despite my earnest attempts.

For what my meager opinion is worth, I suspect there are those among us who do reach conscious communication with IT. I believe they are those who have reached a level of compassion and willingness to serve which few of us can begin to imagine, much less emulate. From what I have learned in the path I study, that communication requires the conquering of "the little self", which we commonly refer to as the ego.

So, I will continue in my personal quest to evolve through as many lifetimes as it takes and hope to one day reach that point of communication with IT, in whatever dimension it abides. I personally believe it is each of our final destinies to do the same. Then again, I could be completely wrong.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sunray406

welcome to ATS!! I starred your post as I thought it was very well written! Thank you!

Having achieved a minor degree of consciousness, in general we think quite highly of ourselves as intelligent, creative, imaginative, compassionate and any number of other wonderful qualities. We are but complete neophytes in all those aspects, and mere shadows of That Which Created Us.

This is the area that "gets" us. In that we think so highly of ourselves that we cannot imagine not being the center of the universe in the eyes of God/IT/ Source/Power with Consciousness. So to elevate ourselves we often find the need to denigrate any higher power.

Approaching the Gods as scientists makes it a little bit more palatable, in my thinking. After all, are they not the creators of science? Hence, scientists.

I think we "dumb down" the thought of God as it makes him seem more human.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Good thread, and theory

We very well could be just a experiment, a high school science project.

Humans ourselves are on the verge of creating our own version of new life with cloning and other genetic research. Now does this make us Gods? Does this make any aliens if they did create us Gods?

We have no way of knowing who/what created us, we have a abundance of theories, but if we were created by aliens, just how much more advanced where they from us? a million years more advanced or a thousand years more advanced or does it even matter.

Does creating life equal being God?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Thank you! Yes, it obviously is a theory, but about the only theory that makes more sense to me. The religious one no longer works for me.

Does creating life equal being God?

I personally shy away from thinking that as it is such a New Age philosophy. Although, when we create we become creators. We mimic God when we create. The same thing as being a god? I leave that up to you.

Aliens had to have a beginning. Who created them? Did they create or seed us? Some people may consider The Gods and aliens one in the same. Maybe it has to do with perspective? I don't know.

Thank you for your thoughts!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Now this was an interesting read, however, I suppose I have some problems.

The soul for instance. How would these beings be able to program something that cannot be seen. I can see the creation of man, but not man's spirit and the most important: what about the mans connection with his spirit?

That is still a very interesting take. S&F. I really enjoyed it mate.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

The soul for instance. How would these beings be able to program something that cannot be seen. I can see the creation of man, but not man's spirit and the most important: what about the mans connection with his spirit?

Thank you! I think you are speaking of God or the Gods?

Well, they could have programed in the DNA all of it. By symbolically "breathing" life into the forms or organisms. This is why we are so spectacularly made!

It took a conscious being to create consciousness. In this way, we would develop further.

I am meaning this thread to tackle all those who cannot conceive a higher power with consciousness being in the development of man and his spirit. Man is energy which returns to energy in the cosmos. The tag: DNA would be our calling card.

Does this clarify it? Or am I misunderstanding you? Sorry, I do that sometimes!

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
WE could very well be a big experiment by an alien race. Why not? Some 8th grade alien kid science experiment for school. Wonder what grade he'd get. Considering how stupid humans are ... I'd give him a D+.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join