It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

W.H.O. Issues Dire Flu-HIV Warning

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The first source on the OP is a blog?

What the WHO warned of is that HIV/AIDS patients at higher risk from flu.

Common sense people, if you already have a compromised immune system of course this virus is a higher risk to you.

Calm down before you bug out for the wrong reasons.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I know I'll be treading on possibly off topc matters here but I can't help myself. I just can't think of any better way to get the NWO going but to scare the public into a complete surrender. This flu has done practically nothing of interest. Yes, unfortunately some have died from it, or rather from poor medical care leading to death. But only a few hundred have it. With normal flu hundreds of millions get that every year.

This turned out to be a dud before they could get all the neccesary things in place so now they have to say "Oh no... it could mix with HIV..!" The world goes into extreme panic mode and were off to the races again.

I don't buy it.. none of it. If swine flu had actually been such a terrible virus, they would have sealed the borders and cancelled all flights. But instead they said, let it go.. be concerned but not alarmed.

If HIV gets into a flu virus it will be because TPTB put it there just like H1N1 pig,bird,human flu. My suggestion... don't lose any sleep over it.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Relax and get the facts straight folks! Read the OP's articles Source! Do a little more digging than taking a blog as a news source.

Source of the blog

The REAL article says that people who have AID's and HIV are at higher risk to death. Why? Because AID's and HIV effect the immune system making it harder for their bodies to fight off an infection.

Get a real source next time, and stop scaring people into "AIRBORNE AIDS OMGZ!!1"

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Please read bellow:

HIV and the new flu strain could also mix together in a dangerous way, as has occurred with HIV and tuberculosis, the WHO said in guidance for health workers on its website.

People are already panicked about the Flu and W.H.O is not saying everything to avoid further panic. You need to read between the lines of their reports……the threat is real

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
If you honestly want to believe that crap go ahead.

But if you want to confirm what I said it is easy, do a little investigation, google would be a good start, maybe go to the WHO reports.

It's not going to mix with HIV... But if you have it and get this bug it will be bad for you.

If this swine flu could combine with HIV/AIDS as is being claimed then it could also have happened with other past strains of the flu... Why hasn't that happened? ... HIV/AIDS has been around a long time, many have died from colds and flu's.... NOT one case exists where there was any mixing of HIV and another virus.

You people and these blogs are going to literally scare yourselves to death despite the facts.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by biomehanika

When they refer to mixing they mean like this. ¬oc=1&gclid=CKaP6I LVoZoCFRxNagodVjG-9g]Article
Educate yourself rather than get swept into a wave of panic. They do not mean combining into a super disease.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I thought it was the immune response from this one that killed you - and I can see that they would have it LONGER if they get it - b/c their immune system wouldn't be effective at fighting it, but as it is a previous UNKNOWN - its not like anyone should - should - have the initial antibodies to ward it off anyway.

I don't get it. Lots about what they are saying & doing I don't get though.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I respect your opinion, but this is not like the ordinary flu that has been here for ages.... This is a new Flu virus with a different strain to the old flu virus

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Wow

This would be awesome, if Aids was airborne...

We could have all the Sex we ever wanted and not worry

Seriously, this is a ridiculous concept

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
What a bunch of BS. TPTB come up with a whole list of things to scare people into giving our rights away, just so that they can keep control over the masses. But there power is slipping, the closer we get to galactic center. Its only the beginning folks. The BS will pile up so thick you'll need snow shoes to walk. Like Ive said before Lightning kills more people each year than this fake flu. Get a grip.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
HIV is NOT an airborne pathogen and the chances of it combining with the flu virus are nonexistent, they are not related viruses. Pigs will mate with cows before this happens. Stop trying to drum up fear and take a microbiology class!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by biomehanika

AIDS and tuberculosis do NOT mix, HIV virus makes a person vulnerable to catching TB and other contagious diseases. THe big issue is that TB has become drug-resistant in recent years and it's a very hardy strain.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
That is NOT what they said.

Logically, people who have HIV are at dire risk from dying from a pandemic flu, or the complications that follow it.

That is what they mean.

Come ON people. Use a bit of sense.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
NOoooooo....HIV and any influenzas do not mix.....
They can affect one another......not combine to form the super virus...geez..calm down and pick up that forgotten microbiology book or google and "read" about viruses.

My father is a teaching DR of trauma medicine and Pharmacology.....his words from yesterday ring true.
"Treat this as any other flu...lots of liquids, rest, vitamin C..in all of its sources, perhaps a fever reducer. But, whatever you do..do not prescribe to the antivirals that are being marketed now as they are all poison. This flu appears to be a mutated strain of
avian/swine/human variety. And, please do not panic over the three ring circus known as the media and WHO." (lol)

Peace...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gyrochiral

Ahh damn you beat me to it. I was going to say that Viral RNA has to be compatible to combine. As a further note. If you have had the flu in your life time, there is a good chance you have had swine flu...

I don't think the new H1N1 A is airborne yet. I think it's only transmitted through physical contact.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by DaMod]

[edit on 4-5-2009 by DaMod]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This article is just telling you what they're working on in the lab right now.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The Stand anyone?

Captain Trips

Captain Trips is a fictional virus occurring in the Stephen King novel The Stand. A form of superflu (influenza), it originates in an American biological weapons laboratory under the Mojave Desert in California, commanded by a General William "Billy" Starkey, and is hinted to have been created by breeding a hybrid of influenza and an AIDS-like illness. 99.4% of the human population is vulnerable and the disease is universally and swiftly fatal to those that catch it.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The paper from the WHO is about the danger to HIV infected patients not about them mixing as is wrongly implied in the article.

The Document from WHO

If true the Seasonal Flu is far more of a danger than this mild flu being sensationalized by a paranoid populous who are not paying attention to the reality that this is a mild flu. The deaths in Mexico are likely due to Mexico's inadequate medical care of patients who would have lived had they been in a country with good care.

In other words its just more fear mongering. I did not see schools closing each year as 30,000 die just in the US from the seasonal flu and that is just documented cases. Now one person, brought in from Mexico dies and the whole country is in a panic?

The seasonal flu can also mutate at any time. Should we walk around in masks all of the time perhaps. Should we close the schools permanently? Statistically Skiing is more dangerous and yet we don't shut down the Ski Slopes? Driving is more dangerous and yet we don't ban cars. Drinking Alcohol is more dangerous but we don't close the Bars.

What amazes me the most is the really bizarre idea of banning Pork even though you can not catch it by eating the meat. More proof of how easy we are to control with just a little push in the right direction.

If you all want something to be scared about, look at Pakistan where they don't want you to look.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
United Press International is CONFIRMING what Turner Radio Network reported! They specifically say HIV can combine with this new flu and "devastate the human race!!!!!"

Turner Radio was exactly right!

turnerradionetwork.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Deny Ignorance

United Press International is reporting today what we reported on Saturday: the new flu CAN combine with HIV and possible create AIDS that can spread by air!!!!!! UPI describes the scenario as being able to "devastate the human race."

We reported it first and we got it right.

CONFIRMED! FLU CAN JOIN HIV - AIRBORNE AIDS!!

Health authorities are particularly worried that the capability to mutate already exhibited by the virus could eventually let it combine with the human immunodeficiency virus, which causes AIDS.

That could cause a lethally dangerous global health problem on a comparable scale to the 1918 Spanish influenza epidemic that eventually infected more than 500 million people -- more than one-quarter of the human race -- and killed 10 percent of them. That death toll of 50 million was more than five times the total fatalities of World War I. The epidemic killed more Americans than died in World War I and World II combined.

Swine flu-HIV could devastate human race

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join