It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel destruction in 14 days?????

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
A news group in Germany has said that the Iranian chief of staff said Israel destruction within 14 days.

I have a link to the untranslated news article.
N-TV

I don't know this source or how trust worthy it is or is not.

I "DO" know if it is posted here, it will be proven true or false by the untold resources available by the people here at ATS.

Just a minor possibility, isn't the pope supposed to be in town Israel) at that time????

Anyways, many have threatened, several have tried, but none could do it.

[edit on 5/3/2009 by mrmonsoon]

Roughtly Translated News Article:

" Destruction in eleven Tagen" Iran threatens Israel of Ulrich W. Sahm Iran indicated for the first time, in which period it considers the destruction of Israel possible in case of an armed conflict. The Israeli television showed an interview with the Iranian general chief of staff Attalah Salihi in the Lebanese television. Literally this said: " The truth is that Israel does not have the courage to attack us. If we should be subjected to an attack, I do not believe that we need more than eleven days, which auszulöschen." existence of Israel; The Arabia expert Oded Granot explained as it: " Ever we gehört." a so clear and open announcement Iran; President Ahmadinedschad the destruction of Israel " again and again; in large courses and as political Ziel" announced, but never so concretely and with date, as it did Salihi. Before the USA with the consideration had " Better bomb than bombardieren" gotten straight that one resigned oneself in Washington under president Barack Obama to the building of an Iranian atom bomb. The high-ranking Europeans, such an exclusive report of the Israeli television, would have " these estimates to; little überraschten" Israeli passed on. The Israelis came already for some time in the end the fact that the Americans did not let themselves convince today any longer so easily of intelligence data and that therefore also the rather diffuse information about the possible Iranian development of an atom bomb to a preventive American impact against Teheran will not lead. Accordingly wish to Washington also no military impact of other countries as for instance Israel against the atomic mechanisms in Iran.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The bad thing is that Iran may well have nuclear capability at this time. That refining plant has been running for how long? They weren’t trying to learn how to refine uranium, they were actively refining! If they were proactive, devices are already deployed within Israel.

Israel may well bite off more than they can chew if they don’t cower out of this one a bit. Albeit strong, Israel is a small state and much more susceptible to nuclear attack than the very large Iran. I think everyone in that area needs to start pondering the notion of mutually assured destruction.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

I apologise for misreading what you said.

There's a lot I don't like about Islam and Iran, but it's irrelevant, simply because I don't live there and I have to respect the fact that it's a completely different culture. Tolerance of other laws, faiths, religions etc, goes along way to keeping the peace. Like I said, if the Iranian people don't like it, then it's up to them and them alone to do something about it.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The german text says that iran claims that they need only 11 days to destroy israel, if israel trying to attack the iran. So not in 11 days. The article aswell says that Obama incl his administration allready accepted a iran nuclearbomb. He said "better 1 bomb than large bombcarpets above iran".

Israel wasnt surprised by the decision from USA and EU and will, probably, trying to attack iran by themself. They are surely capable for such a operation but I fear the other eastern countries will condemn Israel for such action.

On the other side, Iam quite sure that, if Iran getting nuclear weapons, they will shortly announce that they going to take Irak and will later launch attacks against other states who are not willing to cooperate.

If you need specific lines translated post them here. iam native german with american roots.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by federal_agent]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by curious122112

Why don't you take a look at my post on page 2 for a near perfect translation of the article. Never trust the machines.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Only 11 days to go
and my god federal_agent, your grammer is so horrible its hard to know which countries your even talking about

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
REPORTING IN ...

First, the threat title is completly wrong. It based on an false translation from the origin news source (G23.*, NTV)

Second, would you all ANTI-USA, ANTI-ISRAEL and ANTI-IRAN ppl take a cup of stfu?!

The news originally just said

Iran claims tha a war with israel wouldnt take longer than 11 days.

NOTHING like "Iran destroys Israel in 14 days" nor "on 14th on may Israel is doomed".

If you ppl would try to keep the truth straight - think a lot of disinfo would be gone. To be honedt, i think 90 Percent of the DISINFO is created by this usership,
Who sometimes acting like attention whores.

But bottomline . No matter who attack whom first. If such an attack is happen _ we all wooping big time, in other words, judgement day and wr're #ed.

Thank you for xour attention

REPORTING OUT

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan

reply to post by curious122112

Why don't you take a look at my post on page 2 for a near perfect translation of the article. Never trust the machines.

That is interessting.

I read the german article on N-TV ( www.n-tv.de... )somedays ago when it was first posted here.

When I read it now the text is different to what I have read then.
Did they adapt that text ???

Both translations looks correct to me. The first one fits to what I read then. The new one fits to this new text.

It looks to me like they adapted the text to make it clear that this 11 days is only in case of an attack.

I found an other article:
www.livenet.ch...

There they say it is unclear how it was meant.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by g210b]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by g210b

Hey g210b,
You are right about them changing the article. I just looked back at it for the first time since I last translated it for ATS. It is no longer the same article I translated. Wish I had kept a copy of the original. Some of the article remains the same as when I first read it.

The most notable change is:

Literally, he said: "The truth is that Israel does not have the courage to attack us. Should we be subjected to an attack, I do not believe that we need more than eleven days to eradicate the existence of Israel."

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I put screenshots here only one or two pages ago. So it should be easy to read both versions - and I also added translations to it.

But it seems to me, people answer to threads without reading anything. Otherwise it would be clear, that the author wanted everybody to think, that there is a threat, which is not there...

Okay. Next round of guessing without reading even this thread...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I think the main problem with this thread is that the source changed. I hate the media doing that more than anything else that they do.

Nothing going on here, unless Israel attacks Iran. Then we can see if Ahmadinutjob is correct.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by tamusan]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
I think the main problem with this thread is that the source changed. I hate the media doing that more than anything else that they do.

Of course, you are right. But I think, that was kind of damage control. I read in some German comments, that people wrote to n-tv and at least one to the author.

He probably had not expected, that the original video would be available on the internet so quickly...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Trayen11

Please, stop with the "chosen people" crap. So, their religious book calls them the chosen people... The Christians believe if you're not baptised a Christian and take Jesus into your heart you're going to hell. In Islam "unbelievers" are not treated so well.
It's all the same garbage!!!
While I most certainly think Israel has gone way too far and should stop the segregation in Gaza they were pushed into a bad position. They were attacked weekly in one way or another for YEARS without retaliating.
Israel was set up by a US backed UK. I wonder why.... the people of Israel are used and abused just like everyone else. Any American calling the Israeli people Nazis after the crap America has pulled over the last 8 years should call themselves Nazis, too. It's the exact same thing.
"But it was my government's response!!!" Actually, I agree. Not much could have been done about it. But, you should extend the same courtesy to citizen's of other countries. Not much can be done about it by them either.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Ok. Now it's 11 days to destroy Israel.

I doubt that Iran and it's cohorts even have the balls to actually declare war with Israel since those countries resort to underhanded tactics in the first place.

It also doesn't matter if the whole middle east attacks Israel. Israel will simply swat them like flies with their well trained soldiers and superior weaponry.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unregistered
Ok. Now it's 11 days to destroy Israel.

I doubt that Iran and it's cohorts even have the balls to actually declare war with Israel since those countries resort to underhanded tactics in the first place.

It also doesn't matter if the whole middle east attacks Israel. Israel will simply swat them like flies with their well trained soldiers and superior weaponry.

What is it with people that seem to want war like it is some cheap video game?

So far these 20 pages could be easily reduced to just 1 that sums up the point being made about the OPs article. All the conjecture on what Israel or Iran will do is just that, so where is the need to refer to Iran attacking anyone when it hasnt even been stated?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I take Iran's overheated lunatic rantings as a positive thing.

When countries develop nuclear weapons they are deadly silent. Iran gives weekly reports.

When a country plans to invade somewhere they don't make pronouncements.

Iran has become a weak insecure nation frustrated by a 30 year old policy of an Islamic Revolution worldwide that is still at the launching pad. Oil profits have been poured into proxy wars with Israel, buying off allegiances with Syria, Hams, etc.

The oil producing infrastructure is decaying. No one wants to invest in a major overhaul with a shaky government.

The people are hungrier and dissatisfied. 2/3 of them were born after the glorious 1979 Revolution. They just want to live in a modern fee country not on the verge of self-destruction.

Oil prices are below what they need to profit from their low grade crude pumped inefficiently. They're frustrated. Mr A is up for election. He's eliminated political opponents to ensure a win.

But the Imams are unhappy with him and the population is restive.

A verbal war against Israel buys time and hopefully sympathy in the Muslim world.

But something's got to give in Iran.

Once the most advance nation in the Middle East with proud determined people. Slowly becoming an oil rich basket case nation.

Mike

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
O my, people, how easily you are manipulated by one author, who just wanted to make you think Iran is stupid enough to even think about this.

This author is just a nobody, lucky to be able to write on N-tv what he saw on tv in his home in Jerusalem. Just a couch-potatoe...

And some here are even dreaming of scenarios with a lot of dead children...

I even don't mention his name, because I don't think, we should talk that much about that "journalist" at all. He even changed his text, after some intelligent people wrote to his master's voice.

Those who think, there is something in this message just follow the flea of the dog of the master. He is a no-name over here (in Germany) and nobody supported his message. He himself had to change his own text.

Is that so difficult to understand?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta

O my, people, how easily you are manipulated by one author, who just wanted to make you think Iran is stupid enough to even think about this.

Of course you're right. Iran threaten Israel? Never.

All those 57 other couched language rhetorical promises of annihilation were mistranslated and misreported.

Iran wouldn't set up training camps for Hamas in tactics, supply them with weapons, suitcases full of cash, or send their own domestic special guard unit to fight Israelis in Gaza (who got totally wiped out)?

They wouldn't do exactly the same for Hezbollah in Lebanon? Nor would they send suicide squads into Iraq to blow up Sunni religious sites.

All this is misreported and mistranslated, too. Right?

Mike

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

No, the point is that this thread was about a supposed threat from an Iranian military official to wipe out Israel, which was proven false by the video I posted earlier in the thread. The quote was misrepresented, the real meaning was that "IF" Israel attacked Iran's nuclear facilities Iran could destroy Israel in 11 days. It is defensive posturing not offensive.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ace High
reply to post by mmiichael

No, the point is that this thread was about a supposed threat from an Iranian military official to wipe out Israel, which was proven false by the video I posted earlier in the thread. The quote was misrepresented, the real meaning was that "IF" Israel attacked Iran's nuclear facilities Iran could destroy Israel in 11 days. It is defensive posturing not offensive.

Thanks.

But the point still stands. Every time we get a report of something threatening from Iran, someone jumps in and says the translation was wrong or that the context has to be factored in.

Every time.

While we're at it, why does Iran feel the need to sponsor Holocaust symposiums at home and abroad? They invited every big name Holocaust denier on the planet.

Another mistranslation or misunderstood context?

Mike

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join