It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is John K. Hutchison a proven fraud?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by Freezer

Freezer are you really John Hutchison?

No...

Where exactly was I disrespectful to you?

To me, you assasinate his character more than any of the debunkers.

I have nothing but respect for the guy, and have not in any way assassinated his character. There is nothing more for me to say here. You've made your point, I made mine. I won't feed the flame to this lynch mob.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well I wasnt trying to flame or insult you. I just wanted to point out that at least we give him credit for trying to pull a fast one. Your points on the other hand support the idea that he is some inept pseudoscientist who cant even document his work. Are you saying if you made something defy gravity you woudlnt have taken the time to take some notes. Hell, I would have welded the dials in place, because I would have been sure no one would believe me if I couldnt do it again.

I never meant to insult you. I dont mean you are trying to assasinate his character.. you know what I mean. Sorry, if I inadvertantly hurt your feelings.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Oh and here is some of info on Mr. Bushman you may be interested in.
Parlor Trick

Now what was it that Evil Incarnate said about once caught in a lie?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate

Originally posted by RubberBaron
So go listen again to his shows on coast 2 coast, i already told you where the proof is. It doesn't really make any difference, even when I've had Hutchinson supporters in the past who found it, they just rationalised it, by saying he was under pressure, and that was just one mistake.

Your post is confusing. Are you trying to claim that he proves what he claims on a radio show? It seems like you go on to chide the believers about how they rationalize the lies. Which point were you trying to make? I really really hope you are not trying to claim that the proof can be found in a radio broadcast.

Sorry if it wasn't clear.

The points I am trying to make:

Hutchinson, while on C2C some years ago, was confronted on the alleged fake videos, and said that some of them were faked for a TV show, because he couldn't produce the goods on the day.

Because I heard that at the time, my response to the topic is, "Yes, he is a fraud, by his own admission", at least on some of the claims.

I've had this argument on numerous occasions on various websites. A couple of times, people actually spent the time to listen to all the old C2C shows where Hutchinson appeared, and found what I was referring to. They were true believers though, so just rationalised that away.

I'm not claiming everything of Hutchinson is lies, just that he has admitted some of it was, and that in all the years he's been known of in fringe science, he has never been able to prove it to even my slightest satisfaction. The only people who have claimed to reproduce any of his effects of interest, are even less reliable than him. When real scientists like W Beatty have tested his claims they have found nothing to them.

If only Hutchinson could just get one or two labs to reproduce just part of his claims, I would leave it alone, just like I do with cold fusion, It still seems unlikely, but if some labs can reproduce it, even just occasionally, I'm prepared to accept it's worth researching. But Hutchinson has produced nothing, ever.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RubberBaron

Thanks. Perhaps you were clear and I just missed it. I have to agree with you. Although I only go to C2C for entertainment and put very little trust in anything Art Bell is related to, it is nice to see the man was confronted on his fakes and admitted it.

I find his admission extremely poor though.

What was the tv show? I have to assume they were filming him because of what he claimed he could do. So why would they allow him to fake things? How would they not know he was faking it right before their eyes?

To me, if a TV show wanted to film him and had no issue with watching him rig strings up to fake antigravity...and they did not call him on it, either in person or on the show, then they are all frauds just trying to sell something to the masses.

It is apparently just my opinion but the idea of him admitting to some fakery is enough to prove he is nothing but a fraud. If some of his experiments are fake and he cannot demonstrate, repeat, or come perform the other experiments, then how can anyone believe anything he says? I wonder if these people are patients of the good Dr. Deagle.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

Speaking of C2C and Art Bell. I am a huge fan of the Phil Hendrie Show. Its a radio program and it is hilarious. The old Phil Hendrie Show is better than the new one that he has now. Anyway, he does the best parody's of the Art Bell Show. If you want a good laugh, download one of his shows with LimeWire.

Oh and just so I am not off topic. John Huchinson made it look like he could levitate stuff but it was all a cool act. John, if you are out there can I please borrow your hat? Do any of you think Freezer was JH? He seemed to take it a bit personal.

There you go, we got us a new conspiracy. Is Freezer the real John Huchinson?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Noob says what..

... what?

I found this board Googling Hutchison to see what kind of shenanigans he's been up to recently. Apparently he's claiming now that the WTC was brought down by technology similar to his; partnering with some other woman... pretty out there stuff.

Him and I exchanged emails about two years back after I heard him on Coast to Coast AM and he was more than happy to let me swing by his residence to take a look at his setup while I was in Vancouver visiting family.

Hutchison is real nice guy, the nicest, however he's no scientist... to put it mildly. We spoke at length and he's quite up front with the fact he only achieved a seventh grade education if I remember correctly. He's quite eccentric and clearly has a significant learning disability but is interesting to converse with none the less.

He doesn't say flat out that it's all a show but he half implies it with his tone. It becomes quickly apparent upon questioning about his gear that he doesn't know what most of it is intended to be used for in real world application; he's just into tweaking the switches and dials.

Saying he's a hoax implies he intends for you to take him absolutely seriously and I never got the impression that was the case.

If you're ever in Vancouver, drop him a line, I'm certain he'd jump at the chance to start a conversation with you in person and you can evaluate his motives for yourself.

edit: I guess font change doesn't work

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Radical.Realist]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Radical.Realist

That is awesome. He does seem like a nice enough guy. Now I have to think of an excuse to go to Vancouver on business. I would love to hang out with him for a day.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

By the way do you happen to know what John does to make a living. I have always wondered that. I just assume being a mad scientest doesnt pay so well so he must have another means of support.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

There you go, we got us a new conspiracy. Is Freezer the real John Huchinson?

LOL, that is great, we have a new conspiracy. I have seen many a member speak so passionately about such BS things before. I doubt he is JH but just a huge fan that cannot stand to see his ignorant beliefs be torn apart. I saw much of that over the rubber bigfoot incident. There were people on there so passionately defending it that I wanted to assume it was BFH themselves but it was not. Check out a thread about Mars some time. The people there that believe they see people, aliens, bases, forests, all that junk are every bit as passionate.

Thanks for the heads up, I will download some. I never heard of the guy but I enjoy listening to C2C for it's entertainment value so I bet I would get a kick out of that. Thanks for bringing it up.

As for freezer, are you JH? If not, why do you believe so strongly?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Radical.Realist
Saying he's a hoax implies he intends for you to take him absolutely seriously and I never got the impression that was the case.

If you're ever in Vancouver, drop him a line, I'm certain he'd jump at the chance to start a conversation with you in person and you can evaluate his motives for yourself.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Radical.Realist]

I doubt I will be in Vancouver any time soon but your post is interesting. I just have an issue with this last statement. If he is not trying to convince us what he is doing is real, then why would he say that he had to fake SOME stuff do to time for a tv show. That would mean he is claiming other stuff is real and that this stuff is real but because of time, he had to fake it.

Watching his youtube videos convinces me even more he is trying to get us to believe him. The upfront about a lack of education and all that is just part of his gimmck. I am not saying it is not the case, just that he is using it to his advantage quite well. The 'Forrest Gump' theory is at play here. A man with no education and learning dissability can do what?? AMAZING!

It sells better that way. Can you link us to any interviews with him where he gives the impression he is NOT REALLY TRYING TO CONVINCE US? Just asking.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Yeah just search for Phil Hendrie. Anything he does about Art Bell, Chris Norton, Steve Boselle, Dean Wheeler, or Vernon Dosier is freaking hilarious. The last four guys are just made up.

Yeah I know those Mars folks can get carried away. They have never found a picture of a rock they didnt think was a skull, alien artifact, etc... I bet they freak out everytime they go to a creek or a river with all those skulls staring at them.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

When I spoke with him he was unemployed and was trying to score some sort of job in California doing live entertainment for children. Something like a live science show with electricity and things exploding
That's how he described it anyway... I'd think it would be difficult for someone without a background in electrical engineering to get insured when you're talking kids and electricity.

He's big into health and longevity, something I'm interested in too so our conversation shifted there for a while. He also likes vintage firearms and has a huge collection, many are disabled and just for show but many I assume are not. I don't know much about guns but he loves to talk about his hobbies.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Now I dont have proof but I remember reading somewhere that he said what he is doing is more like a performance. If that is correct he is kind of like us. He sees a bunch of people who will believe anything and then it just becomes fun to toy with their perception. He is just like everyone else that makes fake youtube vids for the fun of getting one over on people. In fact, he is one of the forefathers of this group. The thing is he has pulled it off so well that he gets on TV and is believed. He is a genius. He just keeps playing the part. The looks, the way he speaks. Its perfect and he just keeps playing the part and doesnt break character.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

He would be awesome at that job though. He just looks like Mr. Science. I am always amazed that he is using all of this electricity and he hasnt managed to fry himself yet.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

If you met him you would understand the kind of guy he is. Like I said, he has a significant learning disability and I would describe his mindset something like a young adolescent who knows a few magic tricks to impress his friends and get girls lol.

He's not going to tell you that hes playing with a trick deck of cards but the fact that he's doing a card trick should tip you off. He tries to make you scratch your head and grin; if he told you it was all smoke and mirrors, you wouldn't be entertained.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I understand that you met him and he was nice and all and I believe everything you say up to a point. Look at this thread alone. Look at his rabbid followers doing anything and everything to try and claim what he is doing is real science. Why do you suppose they are like that? I do not see the same for chris angel or david blaine. This man has marketed himself as a person who really discovered something amazing. He has been purposely missleading. I am sorry but I just cannot justify that at all.

I guess in person it is a whole different story, but like I said, just look this thread over.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate
To all the believers on here.

Look at the string.

All other arguments are pointless. Whether or not anything was confiscated, if recreations are just film tricks but his are real, any of that stuff matters not when you look at the string. It is over. He is a fraud. This is his own film. He did not check his work closely enough.

Your going to have to show me how you know that is John hutchinson? to me it looked like someone playing with a toy UFO, he isn't on that vid at all.

Fair enough, he may be a fraud, I have read about him and the argument against him and to be honest, I'm undecided. He's an interesting case, for me at least.

But again I'll ask, how can you tell that that was Hutchinson and not someone pretending to be him?

Did he release the vid on his website?

If he did, did he not notice the obviously blatant string in the corner? Did he not proof check his hoax's? Some of the video's I've seen where alot more inconclusive (Or should I say convincing?) than that, he must've slipped in his old age.

EMM

edit to add:

Are you saying if you made something defy gravity you woudlnt have taken the time to take some notes. Hell, I would have welded the dials in place, because I would have been sure no one would believe me if I couldnt do it again.

It wouldn't have mattered, your equipment would have been taken, and if you think that 'whoever' took your equipment, went through the trouble of removing 100's of kilos of equipment, probably needing mutliple trucks and mutliple trips but would leave you with all your research and notes, I don't think you've thought it through clearly.

EMM

Edit to add..again:

Now I dont have proof but I remember reading somewhere that he said what he is doing is more like a performance. If that is correct he is kind of like us. He sees a bunch of people who will believe anything and then it just becomes fun to toy with their perception. He is just like everyone else that makes fake youtube vids for the fun of getting one over on people. In fact, he is one of the forefathers of this group. The thing is he has pulled it off so well that he gets on TV and is believed. He is a genius. He just keeps playing the part. The looks, the way he speaks. Its perfect and he just keeps playing the part and doesnt break character.

I think you better re think this statment, you have either underestimated how sad it would make you look, or overestimated how 'cool' it would make you look.

I hope the edit is still valid for your sake, lol.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

[edit on 5-5-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

All I have to say is that there are people here on ATS that have done far more research than you and if you look around, you will see them offering many reasons why that string is not a string, not attatched, something else, whatever. I guess you better ask those experts how they know it is his film.

Other than that, how can anyone be undecided when it has been so clearly stated that he admitted to being a fraud on C2C and you can go listen to it yourself?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
He admitted the video was a fraud from my memory, not that he did it, but I could be wrong. It's a small difference but I think it should be considered. I can see a TV produver wanting something substantial for his show, rather than a guy who, fair enough, is struggling to keep hold of his reputation (Some would say he may have already lost it) and then openly agrees to fake a video, in front of anyone who was involved with filming and the show?

Lol, that seems like a kind of stupid thing to do, but then again, I've never met him. Radical.Realist has said that he met him and he seemed 'slow' and saw it all as some kind of magic show.

All I know is, I don't know and I'm not going to start claiming he's a fraud or the real thing to get closure, I'm going to accept I haven't got a clue.

EMM

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join