It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is John K. Hutchison a proven fraud?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I have been seeing a bunch of people lately asserting the John Hutchison and the Hutchison Effect being a proven fraud; here on ATS and other places. I have done a little research into him but I haven't found anything that proves fraud or a hoax, am I missing something?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
John Hutchinson is not a fraud. John is a performance artist. The only proof you need is that he can never reproduce these "phenomonen" on demand. John is a cool dude though, I love his crazy hat. He plays the part very well. I even saw where he had all of his equipment for sale on EBay at one point.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienMike
Hey everyone, I have been seeing a bunch of people lately asserting the John Hutchison and the Hutchison Effect being a proven fraud; here on ATS and other places. I have done a little research into him but I haven't found anything that proves fraud or a hoax, am I missing something?

Yes, you are missing the fact that many people have demonstrated on youtube how to fake his "tricks." There is also the infamous film of his toy ufo rising and falling but what is that in the upper left hand corner? A string quite obviously pulling the toy UFO. Then you are also missing the fact that he cannot recreate the effect in a controlled environment. He cannot prove it, all he can do is make films that appear to be something they are not. When you witness the Hutchinson effect first hand, get back to us. Until then, why would you believe someone who has NO PROOF whatsoever to offer?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Not that I can say for sure, but I'm right where you are.
I have seen various ways that the "hutchinson effect" can be reproduced using mirrors, inverted platforms, cameras and magnets etc.
Just because the visual effects can be reproduced doesn't mean it's a fraud and I have no explanation for the meta materials he supposedly created like the jellified metal, wood impregnated aluminum and all that.

Supposed efforts to reproduce the effects reliably in a lab have so far, to my knowledge, been inconsistent at best and I think John said something to the effect that since his equipment had been confiscated that this is the reason he can't duplicate the effects reliably anymore?

I dunno, really.

One could speculate that a potential reason for the inconsistency could have something to do with natural geomagnetic fluctuations if those happen to be a factor in weather or not the demos work...kinda like trying to fly in turbulent conditions to use an analogy...easier done when there is no turbulence, but I have no intention of saying I understand or even support his claims. At most, I find them interesting if a hoax and earth shattering if legit and easily duplicated.

Such is the case throughout history, I suppose. In some cases, alleged crackpots are vindicated while in others, lack of production would force one to accept they were being duped all along.

With all the discussion being done about "biocentrism", I am more inclined to pull back my "sensor range" to that which I have observed myself and anything else that I may find interesting is to remain tentative at best. I guess you could say this is a self-imposed system of faith limitation and could stifle my own mind, but I hate the idea that our wants and desires make us so exploitable and ultimately distract us from things that are more immediately important in life.

What's the difference between seeing it in a movie and some random person or official making a claim? If it's a lie, it's a lie.

My belief system is fairly well-founded in reality, I think, so while all of these fringe topics are interesting, I would attribute it more to my interest in science fiction rather than having been completely ignorant of natural laws and some conspiracy contrived to hide these things from the public.

If John were really on to something, I should think he would have more support than he does which tells me something...be your own judge.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 4N6310

Oh yeah I forgot that one. The classic "The government took my equipment so now I cant create the effect anymore." That is the MO of all your best antigravity and free energy folks. The government of the world must have huge warehouses full of stuff like this. If I was the government I would have taken his cool hat and shades so I could look like a mad scientist when ever I wanted to.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I gag when I see him referred to as "Doctor" Hutchison. He should be under the care of a doctor.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

LOL, yeah I saw them refer to him as Dr. on one of those History channel documentaries. Calling him Dr. is like saying Gene Simmons really is Dr. Love.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

LOL, yeah I saw them refer to him as Dr. on one of those History channel documentaries. Calling him Dr. is like saying Gene Simmons really is Dr. Love.

I think he got his "Ph.D." from the Institute for Creation Research." Or the Close Cover Before Striking University.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
To all the believers on here.

Look at the string.

All other arguments are pointless. Whether or not anything was confiscated, if recreations are just film tricks but his are real, any of that stuff matters not when you look at the string. It is over. He is a fraud. This is his own film. He did not check his work closely enough.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I was a fan of him until I saw this video. I loved the video Dan Aykroyd Unplugged on UFOs.

Tell me what's wrong with this video:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Pssssssssssssst. Deaf Alien, do you read the threads you are posting on? While you contribution is a good one and even I appreciate it. Look above yours.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Where is the sound in that video? Didn't T.T. Brown do some research similar to that with a wire hooked up to the project?

Guys site references please.

I've never seen the History Channel thing that referred to him as doctor, anyone have a link?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I guess since everyone's looking for the bad video, I'll post some of the positive videos.

Marcus reid duplicated Hutchison's crystal battery cell that should tell you something..

www.rexresearch.com...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
LMAO @ the video. It's like he noticed the string was in the frame and nudges the camera angle over a little bit, but I guess his video editing software wasn't co-operating at the time, so he didn't smudge out the string in the UPPER LEFT CORNER.

Woops!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

So are you honestly saying that you accept that he hoaxed the toy UFO film but believe his other lies because they are better? How can you believe someone who is proven to be lying about what it is you believe in????????

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Freezer, I can duplicate that first vid with no trouble at all. I simply put a camera inside a box, and rotate the box. Or draw a vacuum on it for the bleach bottle.

People, BS filters, they're more important than respirators.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Guys I take the good stuff and discard the bs. I have heard Boyd Bushman talk about Hutchison in a very positive manner which leads me to believe Boyd used what little information he could gather to his advantage in applying it to anti-gravity propulsion and other areas. Even if Hutchison did hoax that, it doesn't mean his other work isn't real. We as outside observers need to weed through the bs to find what is real. It's not always so black and white. Also in regards to the crystal battery, given there has been an independent replication, I find it to be all the more credible. Notice that John always talked about barium titanate in his cells. Interesting that the new super capacitors are now using this material..

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer
Guys I take the good stuff and discard the bs.

Freezer, the man is a liar and a fraud. Why do you believe ANY of his work is real?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

Um yeah I have read the thread. Yours didn't appear until after I have made the post. Look at the times we have made the posts.

BTW, threads like this have appeared many times. I have made contributions to threads like this. This isn't the first time.

Thanks.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Pretty bold statement, care to back it up with some references? Maybe reproduce that video with the canonball and wrench, or the drill bits? Actually you claimed you could reproduce the entire video, that would be great!

Might want to take a closer look at that ufo video, maybe find one with the original sound in it, or the explanation beforehand? It is out there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join