It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terra Papers.... And black pigs...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Last summer I stumbled upon a youtube video on the Sumerian texts. I became interested and did some research into the subject. I found the story absolutely intriguing. The more I read, the more I realized how much the texts actually parallel The Bible. I even sat down with The Bible in hand and compared the two. Quite often it seemed both "books" were relaying the same message.

Today I stumbled upon a post(1) discussing the similiarities in The Bible(2), the Sumerian texts(3), and the Terra Papers(4). Although I do have some background information on The Bible and the Sumerian Texts, to the Terra Papers I was ignorant.

I decided to go out and do a little research on the subject. In fact I decided to just go ahead and start reading the document. Then my jaw hit the floor.

In the beginning of the book there is a prologue. In fact, what I read in the prolgue had me so enthralled that I stopped reading just to make this post.

The version I am reading is available on the internet, and appears to be a scanned copy of the book. I am unsure exactly when the book was written. However, there is a signature on one of the first pages with the date of 17/8/1996.

The prologue contains the following passage:

"Man will soon be surrounded with images of asteroids and falling fiery comets. Black pigs will be seen everywhere as will Angel figures. Dinosaurs will become children's heroes and violence will be the foundation of their play. New airborne diseases, immune to existing treatments, will surface. NASA will be rendered weak and impotent, if not terminated.
A galactic war of conquest rages over our heads....
Earth...and Man...is the prize."

Black pigs!? Seriously... Does anyone else find that chilling?

It's now time for me to consume the rest of the Terra Papers.

Intrigued,
dillon

1. Terra Papers, bible, sumerian tablets all the same story?

2. BibleGateway

An online searchable version of the bible in various languages.

3. Surfing The Apocalypse

The site discusses Sitchins work. The most valuable information, links to historical references and various translations of the texts, are located about two-thirds of the way down the page.

4. Terra Papers

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Namaste]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Yup! It all matches. it's all the same story no matter what ancient writtings you read. I would recommend you read Gods of Eden by William Bramley and then move on to Zacharia Sitchen these tales are not folklore they are pretty close to fact.

This information is so astounding and similar it is scary in every way. You will have every bible thumper you meet though argue against yo and cast you as a nut. Why because only their book is true!

[edit on 5/3/2009 by Chaos Lord]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yes, several contents of the material in the Bible is based upon the Sumerian legends, and there is also strong reason to believe that the one called "God" or "Yehowah", is the being named Enlil in the Sumerian legends.

Very interesting indeed.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I have read through a very large portion of Terra Papers already, and I'd have to agree. They do seem to be cloths woven from the same fiber. It's all rather interesting.

dillon

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yup, it's kind of amazing to see that most religious idead and icons are virtually carbon copies of eachother.

Then again I have read most religious texts and find the Terra Papers to be the closest thing I would deem as the truth. The most believable anyway.

It's interesting to note that it's vididly detailed, more so than most religious texts about how we came to be and reasons why everything are the way it is. Such as Mars among other things.

The only thing it doesn't mention which is a bit odd is the Moon.

~Keeper

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
At first, it may seem like a mystery why the Bible is so similar to Sumerian stories. But really, it's not a mystery at all.

In 586BC, because of rampant idolotry, the Babylonians captured Jerusalem and placed the whole of the Hebrew people into captivity. They took them back to Babylon, and the area around Jerusalem was vacant for about 70 years.

During this time, the Hebrews adopted strict monotheism, and developed their theological literature (Old Testament), all influenced by the Sumerian writings of which the Babylonians were the inheritors.

They also renewed interest in the Laws of Moses, which had been mostly forgotten. Moses' laws were based on Egyptian theology, and so modern Judaism is a mixture of Egyptian and Sumerian/Babylonian mythos.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NamasteDinosaurs will become children's heroes and violence will be the foundation of their play

It's has to be either Barney the Dinosaur or Blizzard's Warcraft games.

But since there's violence, it has to be Warcraft - quite many reptilian references to that game.

I have to mention that World of Warcraft is becoming very popular and children plays it too!

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I have read the Terra Papers, and if they are supposed to be a college level thesis as has been claimed, I would think the professor would not accept them. They read at a sixth grade level at best, and steal from Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Erich Von Daniken, Zecharia Sitchin and other sources.

I have also read Zecharia Sitchin's books. While they are a fun read, his theories are speculative at best. Here is a site that debunks some of the theories:

www.sitchiniswrong.com...

top topics

join