It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible reference to vampires in the Egyptian Book of the Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Earlier today, I was perusing a copy of the Egyptian Book Of The Dead and came across what seems, to me, to be a refence to vampires. The refernced part itself reads:
"He dwelleth in his flame
He who is in his home
Red of both eyes
Flame seeing in the night
Bringing by day"
I would like to see how many people think the same thing. Or if they have other ideas what the reference might be in regards to. I'd like to hear all possible ideas on the above reference.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
it could be anything really, i dont think it sounds like a vampire at all though.

it could be someone in a flying machine though...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
just sounds like a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

Impossible to know what the author was referring to.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
To me it sounds more its refrencing some sort of demon, or something along those lines. It would really help to know more of what the chapter was about, or at least the context of the phrase.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Can't see how vampires figures in this.

Any chance of a link to more reference to do with the book?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Post the material around the verse your talking about as well please.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Sounds more like a description of Set as far as I can tell. The Egytian version of the devil. None of those things exept for the night have anything to do with contemporary Vampire folklore.

I agree however with the above posters, it could be anything and please post the material around the verse you just posted.

~Keeper

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Yeah post the contextual verse. Just seems like a general demon who lives in fire and heat.

Any more details?

The Egyptians, by the way, had a great control over magic and had great understanding over occurences of the natural and supernatural world. Very interesting to learn their rituals and beliefs... some scholars have attributed their architectural know-how from their studies of the workings of nature and physics, rather than the popular theory of UFO intervention.

Thoughts?

[edit on 4-5-2009 by KarlG]

top topics

join