Dead in the Water : The Sinking of the USS Liberty

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Now back to your jew hating.

Aha! Now I see where you are coming from. Thanks for making your position clear.

You have yet to post any evidence, from credible sources, to back up your claims that this was all a misunderstanding, an accident that resulted in friendly fire etc.

Attacking others and calling names only shows your ignorance and inability to back up any position you have with anything substantial. In fact, isn't that an Israeli trait?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

You have yet to post any evidence, from credible sources, to back up your claims that this was all a misunderstanding, an accident that resulted in friendly fire etc.

The Liberty Incident:
The 1967 Attack on the U.S. Navy Spy Ship

by A. Jay Cristol

As if you would ever read it...but there it is.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

I don't think the publishers would pass muster as being unbiased:

www6.miami.edu...

I am more inclined to believe the testimonies of the people on board the ship and on land based listening posts. Especially so since there has long been evidence that logs were falsified after the event and that the board of inquiry was directed to give a predetermined explanation.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Your going to need more than simply snide comments like jew hater to backup your claims...the propaganda of calling anyone who questions israel anti-semitic or a jew hater stopped working a long time ago.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

I don't think the publishers would pass muster as being unbiased:

www6.miami.edu...

I am more inclined to believe the testimonies of the people on board the ship and on land based listening posts. Especially so since there has long been evidence that logs were falsified after the event and that the board of inquiry was directed to give a predetermined explanation.

Way to deny ignorance. I would think someone as unbiased as you would want to actually investigate the book personally before dismissing it out of hand. It is a meticulously researched and annotated book.

I am not saying it represents the truth because I have no way of knowing that.

You have exposed yourself as one who has little interest in information that does not support your conclusion.

Not at all surprising.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

Your going to need more than simply snide comments like jew hater to backup your claims...the propaganda of calling anyone who questions israel anti-semitic or a jew hater stopped working a long time ago.

I have but you will either ignore it or dismiss it.

The bottom line is that anyone who attempts to present conspiracy theory as fact is either a liar or is ignorant of the facts. You are all free to beleive what you want but this silly display of self righteousness when you are called on it is laughable.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by Seany

You got the story all wrong there was no attempt to get into life boats the ship sailed into harbor under its own steam. There was no us aircraft carriers in the area either the 6th fleet was still on its way arrived the next day to help liberty limp into port total injuries were 27 death the whole and 33 injuries. The planes were observers and not attack air craft had no offensive capabilities. Finally the damage was caused by 3 torpedo boats firing 5 torpedos one of which managed to contact the ship.

The captain admits in his log that his gunner fired on the patrol boats even before the torpedo was launched. The incident its self is friendly fire. The only thing is how isreal made the mistake in the first place it was stated that the liberty was taken off the tactical board because they lost its position then a ship popped up and they thought it was hostile. Can happen that why they call it friendly fire. The only conspiracy is whoever pulled the ship off the board needed to be tried and this was never discovered.

There was also mistakes made by the US they didnt realize how close this ship got to egypt and the order was given to leave the area but it was too late. And there is no way this ship could tell if they were killing people and putting them in mass graves.The ship monitored radio frequencies hoping to ease drop on Egyptian pilots. Israeli communications were all ready being monitored from Israel without the ship we had listening posts in isreal.

Sorry my friend , but I think it is YOU who has made some mistakes. The boat did stay afloat, The title came from the Doc. The boat was rendered useless after this attack. The ship was 14 miles off of Egypt's coast. She was attacked by 3 jets from 1403 to 1410 , rockets , napalm then strafing with 30 cal bullets. There WERE 34 dead , 170 wounded. The Iraeli's claimed it was the Egyptian vessel EL Qusier 2,640 tonne ,275 feet length while the Liberty was a 10,000 tonne 459 feet , like comparing a moped to a pick-up truck.www.heretical.com... very informative

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Seany]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Could those who are saying it was a simple case of mistaken identity please explain to me why the Israeli's were flying around in unmarked jets? What about answering the radio?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I am right there with you, however sadly, my b.a. is a double major in Political Science and History, tragically amusing I know. Fortunately, I did have one teacher my senior year of college that encouraged us and told us some of the truth or at least the perspective from the "losers" of history, and greatly helped us in exploring information from sources other than the msm. It troubles me that many many students may not have that "one" professor in all of their education. I firmly believe that there is a lot to be said for self education, often times you will discover or learn things that would never be taught in a traditional class room, things that are an invaluable lesson as part of history.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
definately not a case of mistaken identity, how can one or in this case a group, track and watch the ship for at least 9, count them 9 hours, missing the clearly visible U.S. Flag flying freely atop the ship, hear yet not respond to numerous communications, and it was a mistake? There was no mistake it was delibrate.

This claim demonstrates it was as much as 24 hours of tracking.
In a presentation given at Harvard University on March 13, 2003, Assistant Secretary for Defense John Stenbit, claimed that the Israelis had warned the United States to move the USS Liberty or they would sink it within 24 hours. The Liberty was not warned because it took more than 24 hours for the information to go through official channels.Stenbit, John (2003), "A Conversation with the Assistant Secretary of Defense for C3I John P. Stenbit" (PDF), Seminar on Intelligence, Command, and Control., Harvard University, p. 4, www.pirp.harvard.edu...
He was Secretary of Defense from 1973 to 1977

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I am right there with you, however sadly, my b.a. is a double major in Political Science and History, tragically amusing I know. Fortunately, I did have one teacher my senior year of college that encouraged us and told us some of the truth or at least the perspective from the "losers" of history, and greatly helped us in exploring information from sources other than the msm. It troubles me that many many students may not have that "one" professor in all of their education. I firmly believe that there is a lot to be said for self education, often times you will discover or learn things that would never be taught in a traditional class room, things that are an invaluable lesson as part of history.

i have left a link , a different one

to back up the facts as are the truth

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Seany

this link? www.heretical.com? thanks

edit: still haven't mastered how to only quote part of the post instead of the whole thing

[edit on 5-5-2009 by searching4truth]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join