It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead in the Water : The Sinking of the USS Liberty

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
One of the greatest coverups in our life time was the sinking of the USS Liberty.

On June 8 , 1967 the Liberty was sailing in International Waters, she had no guns

on the deck , but had 45 antennae and a Brand new American flag flying.

On the previous and ensuing day , Israeli jets had done 12 circling flights and that

had eased the ship's men's minds, Israel being an ally. At 2pm , 3 Miraj jets

leveled to attack height and the Miraj jets starting to attack. The planes had NO

markings on them so it was unsure who was doing the attacking

Efforts to send SOSmessages were useless as the frequentcies were jammed. Only

allies would know thefrequentcies. First targets were the antenae themselves. Then

the Israeli Navy came into battle. After missing 3 or 4 torpedoes , the Liberty took a

torpedo hit. The US response was to launch 2 nuclear armed jets to hit

Cairo. They thought it was Egypt attacking the Liberty. Total loss of life was 34

crewmen with 170 wounded. Survivors were being machine gunned while

trying to get into life boats. This story has never been covered by American

news , not the Truth anyway. The following vids are from the BBC .

These events would Read Better than any novel or movie, sad thing is it

happened.

I ADVISE WATCHING NOW , SHELF LIFE ON YOUTUBE I THINK WILL BE SHORT

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This story has always amazed me. And this is a pretty good video.

I am always left wondering how something which has legitimate information(evidence), which is easy to find, is left so wholly unknown to the general population.

Eh, people have been sharing this same frustration for long before I was around to start being frustrated by it...or something.

[edit on 5/3/0909 by spines]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This story is one of the big ones.

It was the 9-11 of the sixties.

and no one knows it happened

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The evidence suggests a group of Americans, including Lyndon B. Johnson and Robert McNamara, were in cahoots with Israel, trying to manufacture a disaster which would give them an excuse to at least annihilate Egypt, and possibly even start WW3. Russia at the time was supporting Egypt to the extent that they may well have retaliated with nukes if nukes were dropped on Egypt.

Operation Cyanide alright, poison has always been the weapon of cowards.

And at that time the mantra of the Australian government was: "all the way with LBJ". I'm an Aussie, and even back then hearing that chant made me want to puke.

And people have trouble believing that in 2001 powerful Americans would have a hand in slaughtering fellow Americans in order to achieve their already well-documented aims.

The truth can be pretty upsetting.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I had read that there was a US aircraft flying above and intercepted messages that the Israeli's knew it was a US ship and there was no mistake. I guess our government had already been infiltrated in the 60's

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
From what I read, the liberty was a "spy ship" full of NSA agents. That was selling information to the highest bidder. And the Israeli mossad believed at the time that the US had sold spy information to Egypt. And so the liberty was attacked.

Johnson got caught with his pants down on his ankle's and attempted to cover up the embarrassment of Israel attacking a US "spying" ship.

Most people need to realize that the US has always profiteered off of war. And in 1967, the US was not a great ally as some claim today it is. The US would profit on whom ever won the War. And with the Vietnam war in full swing, Johnson needed a source of revenue. And selling "war info" is one way to make a profit. When profits are involved, friendship comes 2nd.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by msnevil

There is not an iota of evidence anywhere that the information gathered by the USS Liberty was for sale to anyone.

However there is evidence that Israelis were killing POWs and women and children and did not want anyone to detect that fact.
The mass graves have since been found.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

However there is evidence that Israelis were killing POWs and women and children and did not want anyone to detect that fact.
The mass graves have since been found.

Perhaps mass graves were never found because it never happened.

Yes, I have also read that the ship was bombed to cover up the massacre of Egyptian soldiers. Or another rumor that it was there to spy on Russian Jets in Egypt, and Russian advised Egyptian soldiers.

And yes, I derive part of my conspiracy theory from Loftus's book. And reading from Israeli news sources. And various other reading of the CIA politics in other countries.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The Liberty incident will continue to be ignored until every last survivor is dead and buried, then it'll just go away.
I believe it twice that the nearest carrier to the liberty launched aircraft to assist and both times the aircraft were recalled on presidential orders.
So, if back then the US leadership was willing to stand by, and even participate in, by doing nothing, the murder of it's citizens, then why should we believe that the events of 9/11 were not another mass murder to usher in more war?

Mass publicity of the Liberty incident, of which many Americans seem to be blissfully unaware, would surely lead to the outrage that such an incident deserves. Not just the incident itself but the continued cover-up by subsequent administrations. Full disclosure to the American people might be the catalyst for more probing of the US government's relationship, both then and, more importantly, right now and could lead to mass demands for severing those ties and stopping the flow of taxpayers money to Israel.

Edit to add.... This is no conspiracy theory either, the evidence is there and so are the surviving witnesses and crew. This is not something the US or Israeli government can easily brush under the carpet and needs to get mass public airing. Not the government sanitised version that it was "an accident" but the full blown version from the survivors. They have a story to tell and just need the platform on which to tell it so it get's national coverage.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Britguy]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I had never even heard of the USS Liberty until a few years ago. Guys I'm a public school educated 29 year old American. LMAO! WOW. My generation is clueless but some of us are waking up thankfully. I honestly don't know what I would do without the internet. I'm college educated, a contributing member of society but I have learned more post college about the world and life than I EVER would/could have in "college". I'm ashamed at how little I do know but compared to other people my age it's much much more. I mention Operation NorthWoods, or MKUltra, or a host of other governmental activities and people look at you like an idiot. USS Liberty is simply more icing on the cake.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

What we are taught in schools, or college even, presented as "fact" deserves scrutiny. So much is omitted and what we are left with altered and / or changed to make it more palatable. The truth can be buried at the whim of a government and changed so that following generations grow up with a skewed vision of reality. So much so that when people try to tell them the truth they find it hard to accept. After all, our own governments wouldn't lie to us.....would they?
Re-examining everything you are taught as "history" can be a real rollercoaster of discovery and it should also make you angry enough to never trust another word you are told by those in power. No wonder they all want what we can access over the internet censored.

Knowledge is power!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The whole tragic incident is not that clear. True. Friendly fire incidents do happen , but the attack lasted for hours. I personally am no longer that sure that official version tells all the truth.
But the title of OP's post is not correct. While it is correct to ask what is the real reason for attack, claiming that it was sank is a lie. Liberty stayed afloat even after all this fighting.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Seany

You got the story all wrong there was no attempt to get into life boats the ship sailed into harbor under its own steam. There was no us aircraft carriers in the area either the 6th fleet was still on its way arrived the next day to help liberty limp into port total injuries were 27 death the whole and 33 injuries. The planes were observers and not attack air craft had no offensive capabilities. Finally the damage was caused by 3 torpedo boats firing 5 torpedos one of which managed to contact the ship.

The captain admits in his log that his gunner fired on the patrol boats even before the torpedo was launched. The incident its self is friendly fire. The only thing is how isreal made the mistake in the first place it was stated that the liberty was taken off the tactical board because they lost its position then a ship popped up and they thought it was hostile. Can happen that why they call it friendly fire. The only conspiracy is whoever pulled the ship off the board needed to be tried and this was never discovered.

There was also mistakes made by the US they didnt realize how close this ship got to egypt and the order was given to leave the area but it was too late. And there is no way this ship could tell if they were killing people and putting them in mass graves.The ship monitored radio frequencies hoping to ease drop on Egyptian pilots. Israeli communications were all ready being monitored from Israel without the ship we had listening posts in isreal.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by Seany

You got the story all wrong there was no attempt to get into life boats the ship sailed into harbor under its own steam. There was no us aircraft carriers in the area either the 6th fleet was still on its way arrived the next day to help liberty limp into port total injuries were 27 death the whole and 33 injuries. The planes were observers and not attack air craft had no offensive capabilities. Finally the damage was caused by 3 torpedo boats firing 5 torpedos one of which managed to contact the ship.

The captain admits in his log that his gunner fired on the patrol boats even before the torpedo was launched. The incident its self is friendly fire. The only thing is how isreal made the mistake in the first place it was stated that the liberty was taken off the tactical board because they lost its position then a ship popped up and they thought it was hostile. Can happen that why they call it friendly fire. The only conspiracy is whoever pulled the ship off the board needed to be tried and this was never discovered.

There was also mistakes made by the US they didnt realize how close this ship got to egypt and the order was given to leave the area but it was too late. And there is no way this ship could tell if they were killing people and putting them in mass graves.The ship monitored radio frequencies hoping to ease drop on Egyptian pilots. Israeli communications were all ready being monitored from Israel without the ship we had listening posts in isreal.

Friendly fire? Wow you're naive. If you do the research this incident is anything but friendly fire. If this type of friendly fire incident is so common tell me when was the last time such an incident has happened? Nothing you say is backed up by facts. Even wikipedia says the death toll and those injured is higher than what you stated so where do you get those facts from?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Have a read of this:

www.globalresearch.ca...

There is plenty of other information out there too, from the survivors and those on the ground who saw the radio transcripts. They knew it was an American vessel and they wanted it sunk, no survivors, no witnesses, end of story. It was an act of premeditated murder that the American government was complicit in aiding and then attempting to cover up.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Please do not interrupt the virulent anti-Israel squad here. You must not question them because they are the holders of both truth and light.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Murder is murder, full stop. I personally don't care whether Israelis are Christians, Muslims, Jews or worship the great fish god Teufel!
I judge people on their actions, not on their colour or belief systems, and Israel and, more specifically, it's leadership, need to be judged by the same standards that the rest of the world are judged by.

So, take the "anti-Israel" mantra elsewhere, it will not divert attention from this topic, which is discussing the Israeli murder of Americans.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
[

So, take the "anti-Israel" mantra elsewhere, it will not divert attention from this topic, which is discussing the Israeli murder of Americans.

I know that accuracy is not your strong suit but please stop trying to pass off conspiracy theory as fact. Or perhaps the Israelis worked in conjuction with reptilian shape-shifters in purposely sinking the Liberty? Along with the assassins from the Grassy Knoll and those who would go on to execute the "false flag attack," on 9/11/01?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

It's not a conspiracy theory, the facts and witness testimonies are there to back this up. Are we to believe that the US sailors and other crew members of the Liberty, as well as other intel operatives on land, are all lying because they hate Israel?

Please add something relevent to the discussion of the topic, instead of trying to stifle debate with your childish remarks.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

It's not a conspiracy theory, the facts and witness testimonies are there to back this up. Are we to believe that the US sailors and other crew members of the Liberty, as well as other intel operatives on land, are all lying because they hate Israel?

Please add something relevent to the discussion of the topic, instead of trying to stifle debate with your childish remarks.

All conspiracy theories have its share of witnesses too. See JFK Assassination.

This one is no different.

And if calling out liars and shedding light on inaccuracies is stifling debate then I am guilty. You present conspiracy as fact.

I would say that is rather childish, wouldn't you?

Now back to your jew hating.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join