It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA to Ban Electric Cigarettes on May 5th

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well I got confirmation that my E Cig was on the way Friday.

Can anyone tell my how many aprox refills the 52 ML E Liquid bottle will give you? I am planning on ordering that stuff by the case!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
Well I got confirmation that my E Cig was on the way Friday.

Can anyone tell my how many aprox refills the 52 ML E Liquid bottle will give you? I am planning on ordering that stuff by the case!

Well I've been vaping for over a week now. And I've through about 15 or so ml in that time. I refill my cartridge about 5 times a day with 2-3 drips (this is about the equiv of about 2- 4 cigs).

So about 15 ml = carton. Crazy when you consider that you can get about 20 ml for 12 bucks or less at some sites.

Where are ordering from? I need help finding some new spots. I really need to buy a penn style e cig and a bunch more liquid (just picked up about 100 mls earlier today with the FDA news). But remember to buy some extra atomizers (they burn out after a month or so) and maybe an extra battery or two as well.

Right now, I have about 60 mls of Wicked Liquid and about 60 mls of Vapr4life liquid on me. So I should be good for a few months, not including the other shipment coming in.

It's time to stock up.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I just placed my order Saturday Morning so i hope i get it all in time.

And im in consensus that this is the pharma companies paying for this to be stopped. Maybe tobacco too, not too sure. Tobacco took a big hit a few years ago, but pharma pockets are deep. Doesnt tobacco fall under the T in ATF? or is it the nicotine part thats the D in FDA. From all the reading ive been doing on that very same forum over the last couple months shows me the many many benefits both physically and mentally.

The FDA being able to be lobbied is like a rich kid able to pay his parents to get what he wants. The ones that are supposed to say what is right and wrong should not be able to be paid to decide which it is.

My .02¢

Silver

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have a question and sorry if it's already been answered elsewhere...well, 2 questions.

1.) I understand that there was some questions about weather or not clinical trials studying possible long-term ill-effects of e-cigs had been done leaving the question open on that. What's the status on that?

2.) How does the e-cig/juice method compare with vaporizing your standard rolling tobacco using other kinds of vaporizer systems? As I understand it, neither system should have any carcinogens. The fact that the e-cig system is more economical on a dose-per-dollar scale is inconsequential to this question as it's obvious the juice is cheaper.

Where I am going with this is that I am wondering what the target is and for what reason they are saying this legislation is legitimate.
Could it be that big tobacco doesn't want vaporizing to go mainstream?
I would think if that were the case, we'd be seeing them release their own vaporizer systems to remain competitive.
Blindly banning something reeks of an effort to stifle legitimate competition to me.

Being a smoker, I am seriously considering getting one of these things too.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

I ordered from Ecig.com. Got the big U8 USB passthrough kit along with a single battery for when I'm out and about. Am planning on ordering lots more Eliquid and 5 batteries....or enough for a 2 year supply.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

I just started smoking e-cigarettes! I just bought some juice! Ah, you can't be for real! This seems FAR MORE HEALTHY than a cigarette. Will they stop us from buying from Canada? Why don't they just tax the sh!@#$ out of us? Would that be more consistent?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Oh here's what it's all about...how stupid of me...

"it is absurd for the FDA to even contemplate protecting the deadliest nicotine products (cigarettes) from market competition by the least hazardous nicotine products."
reason

It's about the M O N E Y!

duh!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This government and the FDA specifically are absolutely disgusting. The FDA will allow literal heroin (oxycontin) to flood the street and become an absolute epidemic amongst the youth (I've seen it first hand and had two friends die because of this problem) yet they're going to outlaw a safe alternative to smoking based on one of the most flimsy #ing reasons I've ever heard with absolutely no evidence or studies or reports to back it up. This is just appalling. This country is becoming more of a joke with every passing day.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Wait a minute, this may be a hoax.

www.e-cigarette-forum.com...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I always said if something really works, its banned. Here we go

again. Just when i was going to buy them too

Maybe i still have time to buy them, i hope.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I never heard of e-cigs before. That is great. I wonder if I could attach a cigarette to the end of one and get a little more nicotine. Right now I am smoking, chewing, dipping, and wearing a patch and it just doesnt deliver enough to my bloodstream.

Seriously though, are there really e-cigs? I never heard of them.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Nope it is coming from the same character that had cigs banned on airlines
lautenberg.senate.gov...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pamie
Why don't they just tax the sh!@#$ out of us? Would that be more consistent?

Why would you lay down and be ok with this too? Screw that. It's time we stand up and fight for what's right. I'm so sick of this damn planet.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
They want us dead. That is all there is to it.

It's hard to quit smoking, but it's hardly impossible.

I would recommend that those who is disturbed by this action should do themselves and their families the biggest favor they could possibly do and quit.

Nicotine addiction is pointless. It doesn't even alter consciousness.

Once you're free from this scourge, you'll never look at life the same again.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
As a matter of trivia, back in the seventies a chemist friend of mine was hired to work in developing a tobacco-less cigarette. It looked and felt like a cigarette. They began test marketing the product through a local gas station chain around '78 or '79. Almost immediately they were shut down. The FDA said that the "cigarettes" were a drug delivery system and must be approved first. There wasn't enough investor money left to do the testing, and it would have taken years.

It's a pity, it would have been the first available substitute for those trying to quit.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

I clicked on the link you provided to Lautenberg's office, and found this:

"While the FDA has indicated it will evaluate electronic cigarettes on a case-by-case basis, it has not taken any enforcement action against these products, which are currently being sold in mall kiosks across the country and on the Internet."

Apparently the concern is over the safety of e-cigs, which haven't been thoroughly tested. But there doesn't seem to be anything to get excited about-- yet, anyway.

We can still buy e-cigs at this point.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by depth om
They want us dead. That is all there is to it.

It's hard to quit smoking, but it's hardly impossible.

I would recommend that those who is disturbed by this action should do themselves and their families the biggest favor they could possibly do and quit.

Nicotine addiction is pointless. It doesn't even alter consciousness.

Once you're free from this scourge, you'll never look at life the same again.

Depends on the person, I am having an extremely hard time quitting smoking, because I actually like to smoke. My sole reason for wanting to quit is because of what it does to my health.

I just ordered the e-cig about a week ago, still haven't gotten it but I hope it comes this week. I am really really hoping it works for me, and I think it will help me to quit.

I have tried just about every quit smoking product on the market. I have wasted my money on all of them. The patch has worked the best overall, but it makes my heart race and gives me crazy dreams. So I'm hoping that I can use this thing like the patch with the doses of nicotine, cut back on my nicotine intake and then quitting the physical enjoyment of the habit should be easier.

I'm going to be pissed if this has been outlawed. There is really no excuse for it at all. I really hope this is a hoax.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I have been using these e-cigarettes for about 3 months, along with my husband, mother and sister. We are so happy we heard about these. They are much cheaper than the real deal and I see no down side. Odor, ashes and bad breath are serious reasons to think of using these e-cigarettes. No chance of burns and the lack of carcenogens (spelling?) are nothing to dismiss either. The taste takes only a few tries to get used to and no panic attacks. I just reordered from e-cigarette-mart.com. I'm using the mini cig. advertised on the site. It is thin and black. The starter kit has all you need including 5 sample filters. We ordered 50 extra filters each time and they lasted for over a month. My sister ordered the bottle of liquid from another site and we tried using it in the filters that go with our mini cig and it didn't work very well. I would suggest that if you want to use the liquid, you should order the cig that is advertised for it. I haven't searched again for a better deal but plan to. 3 starter kits and 50 filters cost us $144.00 today. We are heavy smokers and as I said they lasted for a month or more each time. My adult children are very happy with us now as they hate cigarettes.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I say, try and ban them, go ahead, make my day.

What will I do? I will find a source and continue. If the sources dry up, I know how to make them my self and I will.

Smokers who have found e-cigs are very passionate about keeping them. You may think its just another drug addiction, but it is not. The tobacco was the danger, not the nicotine.

I know I saved my own life and the life of other smokers I introduced these to. If we could not quit real cigarettes, and the e-cig got us away from the death sentence of real cigs, then to ban the e-cig is to impose a death sentence on us. Because we will still need the whole package of smoking the e-cig afforded us, and would be left to return to real cigarettes.

This FDA involvement will get a bunch of e-smokers very very mad. The majority of e-smokers dont spend time reading the forums and there are apparently between 600k and 2 million of us right now. The blowback will be on the scale of prohibition .

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I never knew that the FDA could regulate advertisement. This is a new one to me. Also, the only thing they could possibly say is that they need to have a certain level of nicotine allowed. The problem with that is they let cigarette manufactures increase nicotine in their products three-fold a couple years ago.

<< 1    3 >>

join