It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombism outbreak? WHAT?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Let me start by saying, this is my first post, I have been hulking around this site for a couple months and found it to be a valuable source of information (once you wade through the nonsense)
Recent activities around the globe has spurred me to leap to my feet and open my eyes and realize our world is changing HEAVILY.

but now. for the fun part!!! ZOMBIES!

"There has been a small outbreak of “zombism” in London due to mutation of the H1N1 virus into new strain: H1Z1.

Similar to a scare originally found in Cambodia back in 2005, victims of a new strain of the swine flu virus H1N1 have been reported in London.

After death, this virus is able to restart the heart of it’s victim for up to two hours after the initial demise of the person where the individual behaves in extremely violent ways from what is believe to be a combination of brain damage and a chemical released into blood during “resurrection.”

The World Health Organization (WHO) has raised the alert to phase six, its highest level, and advised governments to activate pandemic contingency plans.

In Mexico, the epicentre of the outbreak, President Felipe Calderon urged people to stay at home over the next five days. "

the rest can be found here bouncewith.me.uk...
this info comes from the BBC apparently, but really, zombies?!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thats very cute
but the website isn't BBC. It is bouncewith.me.uk/. Its a very clever website designed to look like BBC and even link back to BBC, but not really BBC.

Very funny though... Zombies. Now we need Zombie Nazis and we can have a good B Movie.

Edit to add:

Zombies are very popular among Internet users, and some of them ( theInternet users, not the zombies) found time to laugh and they wrote a satire inspired by the first case of swine flu reported in London. A few days ago a student from Mexico said that the feels like in a zombie movie as you never know who could carry the H1N1 virus. Well, these guys decided to write a satire which says that there is a zombism outbreak in London as the H1N1 influenza mutated into the H1Z1 influenza.
www.softsailor.com...

Don't worry, this isn't Dawn of the Dead, or even Shawn of the Dead.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by finemanm]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
That is not the bbc website it is a hoax!
(not a one liner)

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I want to make fun of you so bad for falling for it, but the other day someone posted it and It fooled me pretty quick, albeit it I'd been up for over 24 hours!

It's a hoax. No zombies......yet

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
bah! and here i was hoping I'd get to fight off hordes of influenza zombies

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
As much as I like to believe this, I haven't seen any other coverage of this story other than the BBC. I would think it would get some international coverage here at home as well.

A second thing, the WHO has not raised the level to six yet. That much I know for sure.

The zombie thing is terrifying however, watch the survival board jump with alot of new threads.

Good find, but i'd like to see a couple of more sources.

~Keeper

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
As much as I like to believe this, I haven't seen any other coverage of this story other than the BBC. I would think it would get some international coverage here at home as well.

A second thing, the WHO has not raised the level to six yet. That much I know for sure.

The zombie thing is terrifying however, watch the survival board jump with alot of new threads.

Good find, but i'd like to see a couple of more sources.

~Keeper

OMG.;..ARE U THAT STUPID ... sorry but .. thats is getting out of control

this # was posted 18 times in the last 3 days ...

this is a hoax site, this is not BBC ... OMFG ...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I have a friend who works for a Health Organization in South Dakota and he told me that his office held a special emergency meeting on the Zombie Outbreak this weekend.

Apparently the BBC is being censured by the NWO because they released this story after being warned not to...one of the sanctions against them is that they were forced to change the address of their website.

This is crazy!!!!!!!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This has already been proven to be a hoax. From the webpage source code itself:

A ha! So you know to look at the source code! Yes, this is a slight play off of the old Cambodian zombie story that was originally an april fools joke which can (not) be found at:
65.127.124.62.wstub.archive.org... (no longer works, you'll have to use archive.org).

Just made a few changes to fit the current news, changed the date, and that's aboot it. This was originally intended as a simple joke among friends. Honestly, this swine flu virus has been blown way out of proportion, and I think we're all a victim of a world of high school students, looking for the latest gossip or car crash.

You can find a snopes article that verifies this is a false news story here: www.snopes.com...

Night Watchman, could you please validate your claims? So far it seems to be a rambling based on an April Fool's joke gone viral.

Edit: Here is the original thread (at least as original as I remember)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2009/5/3 by TLomon]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Seeing that this has been discussed here and was proven a hoax without a doubt...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join