It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E.T.s Evolved from Earth Life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I was wondering what kind of thoughts you guys have on this theory.

There lots of different eco-systems here on Earth.

The main ones most will recognize are Liquid and Gaseous.

Liquid eco-systems have fish and other water going creatures, some water and land creatures.

The gaseous system has a variety of different creatures as well, anything that breathes air and is more accustomed to drier living, like us humans.

If you think about it, if you start with liquid and begin to rise in elevation you eventually get out of the water and enter the gaseous atmosphere. If you continue to rise the air will become thinner and thinner until, eventually, you enter the vacuum of space.

There are living creatures from the bottom of the ocean that never see the top of the oceans. There are more that never see the floor of the oceans.

There are creatures on the surface of Earth that never get off the land. There are birds that go into the atmosphere and come to the ground to feed.

My question is, "Could there be an evolved life form that never comes to the surface of Earth, living solely in the atmosphere?"

There is a missing link in the evolution theory that directly connects us in the passing of time to where we are now. Could there be another missing link between us and another life-form, further evolved, that lives in the atmosphere?

Could there even be another missing link or evolved creature that has adapted to life in space?

It seem that this could possibly be the natural progression of things. Start in the oceans with life. Evolve to land, evolve to air, evolve to high atmosphere life, evolve to space life.

Could the E.T.s that we are seeing actually be an evolved life form originating from Earth? Could any of this be possible? What do You think?

[edit on 3-5-2009 by esteay812]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It is called the "Theory of Evolution" with good cause. There are many flaws in its logic and it has yet to be proven due to the "missing links" you mentioned. Now, an unbiased person should consider that evolution is not the answer upon which to base all subsequent thought, at least not yet. Let us not forget the all theories of yesteryear which were later found to be erroneous misunderstandings.
For those of you not turned off by my blatant disregard for one of Western science's greatest dogmas, following are the flaws in the Theory of Evolution:

1) Assuming design is out of the question simply because the designer of antiquity was God.

2) Identifying man as his body.

3) Assuming man originated on Earth.

OP, the answer to your question is no, although in time we will find it is inconsequential from where they come.

Truthfully,
Shane

P.S. Regardless, they they would no longer be identified as "E.T" if they were from Earth.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Very good post.
Thanks for thinking outside the box. There are some serious research into whether there is life on some of the out lying moons in our solar systems that may have life under their icy outer shells they show signs of volcanic activity.

There is speculation that there may be life there just like we find here on Earth on the ocean bottoms living near volcanic hot springs so your theory is far from speculation.

The stunning icy landscape of Saturn's moon

Scientists are intrigued by the possibility that liquid water, perhaps even an ocean, exists beneath the surface of Enceladus.

To test their theory they sampled the composition of its water vapour geysers, which blast material 300 miles into space.

If we find life at the bottom of these oceans in the future then it seems a reasonable idea that life may have started here on Earth the same way. Given the Earths age I say its a plausible idea. Ignore people who are too proud to look past their own ignorance!

S & F

[edit on 3-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
My question is, "Could there be an evolved life form that never comes to the surface of Earth, living solely in the atmosphere?"
Probably, that is one of the possibilities I have on my list to try to understand some UFO cases.

Could the E.T.s that we are seeing actually be an evolved life form originating from Earth? Could any of this be possible? What do You think?
What ETs are we seeing? I haven't seen any.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Let me apologize, perhaps I did not make my position clear enough. I am quite familiar with the theory, biochemistry, and implications of evolution; based upon our current understanding of the universe it is quite plausible. However, the problem is that Western science has failed woefully to make a key differentiation between the machine known as a human body and the life entity that is the person, the self. This is a critical misunderstanding with far-reaching implications, not just to evolution. Luckily, the misunderstanding will be absolved in this century, whether the materialists like it or not.

In the future, please do not misidentify perspectives at variance with your own as ignorance, it only shows your own.

Truthfully,
Shane

[edit on 3-5-2009 by randolrs1]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I am talking about the sightings of UFOs that, if real, are probably carrying life forms hence E.T. Some folks even speculate that these UFOs are actually life forms themselves.

There is also a video out there some where (sorry for not having the link or picture), if it hasn't been debunked as hoax, you can see a figure, that appears to be a bi-pedal being, flying in the atmosphere. I can't remember exactly, but it seems like the being emerged from a craft or docked with a craft.

If you are a true skeptic and believe that UFOs really do not exist as well as other non-Earth life forms, then none of this matters. Even if there is footage of UFOs and E.T.s in the atmosphere, as a skeptic, they must not be real. What is shown in the videos, pictures, or even seen with your own eyes has an explanation. Therefore, the questions I ask in this thread are inconsequential if, in fact, UFOs and E.Ts do not exist in any form and are not visiting the great Planet Earth.

Also, I titled this thread using the E.T. reference because, since this is a speculation on whether the creature does or could exist, there is no current name for such a creature, that I know of, and E.T. is the best reference I could think of.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It is plausible.

Ancient Indian and Tibetan texts speak of a race - reptilian - that dwell within the Earth. Even a civilisation is mentioned. However, do you define evolved as in on par with Humans? That is difficult to prove and to assume.

Surely, a technological race within the Earth, would've been detected by now. Contemporary television and radio would occasionally locate signasl and exchanges of information. The same applies within the notion of a civilization living within our atmosphere - the intelligence would be beyond the capability of man.

In other words, we would've established contact centuries ago. If not millenniums.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randolrs1

I think all things are possible, all that is required is belief.

There are definitely 2 aspects to us. The Mind or self and the Physical or substance. The link seems to be the brain forming code with electricity.

If thought can manifest its self in many different ways, as it does. Thought should be able to manifest its self in all types of life forms.

On another note, just because we can't survive in different eco-systems doesn't mean that life can not exist in completely uninhabitable areas for humans.

It seems possible that this could be the case. I mean one of the sub-theories of evolution is the fact that life modifies its self to survive in certain conditions. Animals adapt to survive.

It is obvious that we, as a human race, endevour to reach outerspace. We would inhabit other planets if we could. We would travel across the Universe or Multi-Verse if we could.

Doesn't it seem possible that, since we are experiencing the need for space travel and exploration, that nature would equip us with the ability for this type of purpose. Would nature create a different life-form altogehter that could exist with the ability to travel interstellarly(?)

Maybe what we are seeing in the skies are nature's way of evolving a life-form for Uiversal domination. What is the purpose of Humans being here anyway? Are we just a parasite that is feeding on the planet? Do we have a purpose for our existence, like advancing and initiating lifes existence throughout the Universe?

After all, an integral part of "The Theory of Evolution" is lifes ability to adapt to ever changing enviroments. Why would life stop when it reaches land from the sea? Wouldn't the next evolutionary step be into the sky and on to other parts of the Universe?

Randol - Don't get me wrong, I am not saying you said this, I am just adding this bit so I don't have to do another response

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

It is hard to say what I am speaking of could be on-par with. Since it is probably impossible to prove this theory, we will probably never know - in fact - what the intelligence level of something like this could be.

It stands to reason that, if life has evolved for upper atmosphere life and, possibly, spacial travel and habitation, it would equip this type of life-form with a substantial ability to possess knowledge. It could be possible, if this type of life-form existed - in fact -, that it has developed into a much more intelligent creature than anything we have seen to date. It could, in fact, be more intelligent than Humans - if it existed. It could also be much, much less intelligent than we are.

It just seems like this would be the next major step in the cycle of evolution. Reaching other worlds. Like the Sci-Fi movie "Starship Troopers", where the bug population had adapted to fight interstellar wars.

Edit for Grammar - as usual

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

There was an recent discovery about water detection up in the Venus atmosphere, which lead to the possibility of microorganisms living in sections of the planets atmosphere.

So your premise is coherent and contains some mild evidence.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by infinite]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
While i think we have alot...and i mean ALOT to learn from our own planet before venturing to space ie under the ocean.I find it hard to believe an advanced terrestrial species would thrive and not leave any trace of their existence.Even if we take the amount of time into consideration and how things would be weathered down etc we would still find atleast some remnants,in which case i doubt such life evolved on earth.IMO we are the smartest thing to come from here.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Solomons]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

It seems that if there could be microorganisms in the atmosphere on one planet, a more hospitable planet may have required them to evolve into even more advanced life-forms.

It may have happened here on Earth. It may have happened on another planet as well... I wonder if air can be so heavy on certain planets that intelligent flying creatures evolved?

Thanks for the information, I think this subject could lead somewhere. I don't know where, but maybe we can get a little better understanding about what is up there.

If I could have it my way, I would want what we deem to be aliens to actually be from another planet. This way, if they are benevolent, we could work together to obtain more knowledge and make more progress - both spiritually, medically, and technologicaly.

We would certainly learn a lot if we found that intelligent life-forms do inhabit our atmosphere, but I don't think it would be as fun or interesting as if they were from another planet that harbored all sorts of life, much like or great planet Earth.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Some people believe that there are indeed life-forms inhabiting our atmosphere - like the "Rods" some claim to have caught on film. There are other who believe these life-forms can be huge, spanning the area of several or even hundreds of miles across. They also believe that the life-forms, when they die and because of their physical make-up, fall to the Earth and disapate into microscopic pieces, therefore leaving no evidence.

Could it be possible that such a being's life cycle is different than ours? Could it be that when they die their bodies act different than what we are used to? What if their bodies, upon death, rose higher into the atmosphere? I am not saying this is what happens, I am only saying that it could be possible.

I can't presume to know how something, undiscovered as of now, would act, or look. I definitely can not assume their intelligence level. So many people assume, and they could very well be right - they could just as easily be wrong, that we are smarter than all creatures on Earth.

We have no way to communicate with animals, like the dophin or even dogs for example, to know what they are truly thinking. I don't think they are smarter than us, but I can't be sure of their intelligence. Maybe they do the things they do just because they want to. I am not saying "Dogs and Dolphins are smarter than us", I am only saying, "I can't be sure of their intelligence". For that matter, I can't be absolutely sure of any animals intelligence or lack of intelligence - that even extends to humans. We all know there are extremely different levels of intelligence in humans. Why not the same difference in animals?

Also, don't forget that, even now, we are still finding new and previously unknown species. Only a tiny percentage of the Ocean's have been scientifically explored and documented. Scientists are finding new species daily.

There have even been new eco-systems found at the bottom of the ocean. These systems have the appearance of ponds or lakes on the ocean's floor. It is really a very heavy liquid with a huge concentration of salt that causes it to pool together below the less dense salt water of the ocean. This eco-system, in particular, creates a habitation that harbors a wealth of life, some of them previously unknown.

I don't believe it is way too far-fetched to think that we may have missed something in our skies, especially since we can't naturally see very far and over a wide area.

It may be unlikely that this type of life does exist, but it is by no means impossible. It does, to me, seem like the next step in evolution - if you use that theory as a basis for fact.

One could also argue the point that nature has endowed us with such intelligence that evolving to inhabit the atmosphere is not needed. Because we possese the knowledge of mathematics, language, technology, and industry reaching the atmosphere and beyond has become common-place for our race.

Surely, as omnipotent as nature and life is, it would recognize the fact of our knowledge and know that evolution or adaptation beyond our current state is not neccassary to achieve space travel...or is it needed? Do we need a bit of our brain power unlocked to obtain some of the answers required for space travel at or approaching instantaneous departure and arrival?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
In the old battlestar galactica series from the years 1979 / 1980 the humans where under attack by the cylons and after a great lose of life namely 11 battlestars and all colonies they retreated too the only human planet where they all came from from the start. so after 7000 years they went back too earth finding out the humans on earth where not able to help them out in the battle against cylons because they only had the technology of the '70s .

so seeing that and lining out several theories on atlantis , easter island , and several other great building projects which are currently unknown how they were made ect..
I believe that before us there were several high technologic civilisations before us and due to a cataclysm or armageddon like event all traces of that civilisation is gone only some of the techonlogical wonders are still there .. like the buildings and the books found in the caves in I believe south america, books made in gold alloys and with writing on them only made possible with laser because the writing was carved through the plates . and we have still got disk which like LP ( music disk vinyl ) were made with paterns like they were ment to be read out by a machine .

so I have the theory that some of the alien ./ ufo sightings for the last 2000 years made be our ancient predecesters currently protecting us and seeing if everything is allright , guiding us and stepping in in events which might destroys us.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkLuitzen

That i s a good point of view, as good as any of the others.

I have read in several places that some believe that we are the 6th civilization to inhabit the Earth. The previous 5 ended, I believe, the way you described in your post.

It is definitley a possibility. It is possible that there are many more civilizations before that.

I wish I could remember where I read this so I could give you the link to this, I'll try to find it. It was written that the Earth essentially recycles its self by tectonic movement over a period of about 4.6 billion years. Therefore the Earth's life span appears to be 4.6 Billion Y.O. - If this is the case, then it stands to reason that the Earth could be much, much older. Also, all traces of life that existed would be lost for ever because of this tectonic recycling effect.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Here's some articles on possible life on Jupiter:

Jupiter Life

Lifeforms in hostile, non 'sweet spot' enivronments

Jupiter:
Highest cloud Tops: -130 to -145c
sweet spot:?
70km down from the highest clouds: 30C
Sweet spot: ?
Most inhospitable inner temperature: 10,000c
Inner core: 20,000 to 35,000c

Here is a VERY nice image gallery by an space artist, some freaky pictures of extraterrestrial worlds are included, starting with a related picture

JOVIAN DAWN

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
I am talking about the sightings of UFOs that, if real, are probably carrying life forms hence E.T. Some folks even speculate that these UFOs are actually life forms themselves.

I see I was not clear on my first post, I am one of those that consider the possibility that the UFOs may be life forms themselves, along with the more common version of machines controlled by alien life forms.

If you are a true skeptic and believe that UFOs really do not exist as well as other non-Earth life forms, then none of this matters.

If I am a true sceptic then I do not really believe in anything.

I know (as far as I can know something like that) that UFOs, as something that people report, exist, and I do not see why life can not exist in other places.

Even if there is footage of UFOs and E.T.s in the atmosphere, as a skeptic, they must not be real.

No, one thing has nothing to do with the other, I only doubt that UFOs are alien spaceships, as I doubt that they are life forms, but I think those are two possible explanations for some or all UFO reports.

And you are jumping to a conclusion when you talk about footage of ETs in the atmosphere, even if it is something unexplained it does not mean that it's not from the Earth.

What is shown in the videos, pictures, or even seen with your own eyes has an explanation.

Sure, everything has an explanation, even if I or anybody else do not know what that explanation may be.

Therefore, the questions I ask in this thread are inconsequential if, in fact, UFOs and E.Ts do not exist in any form and are not visiting the great Planet Earth.
Yes, but as that as not been proved we can still talk about without being moved into the fiction section of ATS.

Now that I think I understand better what you said, I don't think that the occupants of the UFOs, if they exist, and if they are not from Earth, had their origins on Earth, unless that happened in a very early stage of the evolution, like a meteor hitting the Earth and taking some life form into space.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by randolrs1

I am quite familiar with the theory, biochemistry, and implications of evolution;

I doubt that, considering that you can't even distinguish the difference between the scientific and colloquial usage of the word theory. They are *NOT* synonymous, and if you wish to give the impression that you know what you're talking about - you really should learn the difference. For the record, would you please provide the forum with a workable definition of the theory of Evolution as you understand it. Something we can compare to the actual theory of Evolution to see where exactly you stand.

Now, in regards to the OP, I don't doubt that there is life which has evolved to survive the extremes of living on the edge of outer space. Perhaps even in space itself. However, considering the rate of propulsion inherent to most biological life forms and the -VAST- distances associated with space travel - I am a bit doubtful as to the feasibility of complex multicellular life forms using space as their natural habitat. Not that I don't think it's possible that life can be sustained so much as it's a matter of resource management. All life requires resources - be they from the sun, chemical compounds, minerals, or other life forms (mating stock, food, etc). The enormous distances involved vs. propulsion would require life to be comparatively overwhelming in space for sustainability. Otherwise, life would gather around natural resource points such as planets, gas clouds, stars, etc.

Viruses and Bacteria have, in certain species, been shown to be extremely resilient to environmental attrition, even undergoing amazingly long periods of stasis when presented with unsuitable environments. So I fully expect that we will discover life existing on the fringes of space around our planet, but I don't know if the resources available are enough to provide sustainability for multi-cellular life. I wouldn't completely write it off, but thus far I haven't seen any evidence to positively indicate that it happens - or is even probable.

The idea of single-celled life existing and thriving in space is a fairly old one. The early astronauts who entered space and traveled to the moon were subject to isolation chambers upon returning out of concern of a "space bug" they may have been contaminated with, or an Earth-bound life form carried with them into space mutating to the new environment being carried back in a form virulent to humanity.

And of course, none of the above takes into account the possibility of higher intelligence and their manipulation of technology to provide sustainability in space. I'm just referring to the realm of biological adaptations.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
As you travel the road to truth a key differentiation one must make is that the difference between the colloquial use of theory and the scientific use of the word are not that different after all; there is a fundamental lack of difference. Although I appreciate how your civil attempt to educate me and others of this board, science is a still very much in its infancy, and therefore one should tread softly.

How many of today's laws, theories, evidence, etc. will be tomorrow's misunderstandings?

I am not interested in directly opposing those most cherished beliefs, I ask only that we unemotionally distinguish between ideas that are true and those which are merely sufficient to convince-there is a world of difference.

In reference to the original topic I was only pointing out that we need to thoroughly examine the Theory of Evolution before extrapolating it to the entire physical universe. Let us distinguish the truths it represents from the falseness it has mucked itself into.

I hope all reading this can recognize it is a critical step in developing an accurate cosmic perspective.

Truthfully,
Shane

[edit on 3-5-2009 by randolrs1]

new topics

top topics

join