It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why a Left Brain society?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Left versus right brain dominant, which are you, what does it mean, and why does it matter?

Have a look at the following link (www.news.com.au...), featuring a turning ballerina - this is a test to decide which side is more dominant.

If the ballerina is not spinning at all, then you have no brain, or possibly your blinking 60 times per second.

Also included is a quick list of traits for both right and left brain dominant people.

The sources I've read seem to conflict regarding whether left-right brain dominance is hereditary, environmental or experiential - it seems to be a combination of the three.

However, many sources noted that there is a very low representation in adult populations of right brain bias - most sources cite educational processes as the major influence on being a left brain dominated society.

There is also discussion on whether Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) is simply a naturally strong right brain bias being forced into a left brain learning method. You will of course know that this is treated as a DISEASE and medication is available.

Here is a link regarding ADD's relationship with right brain dominace - borntoexplore.org...

Follow the following link (www.scribd.com...), and scroll through to page 17 where you will find;

Right: Like to know why your doing something, or why rules exist
Left: Likely to follow rules without questioning them

In summary;

1) Left and right may arise in natural proportion, but by adulthood most are left brained.
2) Education systems focus on left brain learning and tend to result in creating more left brain dominant than right brain dominant adults.
3) Left brain people are more likely to follow, and less likely to question rules

Well - what a surprise - hello mind control.

If you are left or right brained, don't despair - you can always work to increase the power of the other side of your mind by exercising it!

I would suggest that many people on this forum are in fact right brained - because of the nature of this site is to question authority. Feel free to post if your left or right

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Amagnon]

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
right brain here. At fist glance spins clockwise. I can easily make myself see it spin counter clockwise though.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Right brain dominate here.

Interesting theory on add/brain learning side.I have never thought of it that way before. (I don't have add but I do have dyslexia.) As far as hereditary/environment go I am sure it is a little of both, it always seems to be. My dad is a strong left brain person (math teacher/ college professor) and my sister is a left dominate person too. I on the other hand am a strong right brain person. Moreover, my three children are strong right brain thinkers as well.

I am interested in what the rest of the community has to say about this.

Something else put out there. My three children and myself all have unique spiritual abilities. Could this be tied to right brain dominance as well?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I try to be both, but at school all of us are left brain mostly i would say.

Dodgy how they have to categorise us all.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I hated school so much that I constantly tried to get expelled. I was always told that I had a chip on my shoulder, only because I would question the rubbish they were forcing down our throats and what it had to do with life after school was finished. they couldn't wait to get rid of me.

So I am a product of a pore education, thank god for spell check
and thank god I learned to use the right side of my brain, and I didn't even know until not that long ago.

Thanks for the link
S&F

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I have ADD and I am currently not taking any medication. The great ballerina says I am right brained. It took me 4 minutes to make the ballerina turn counter-clockwise. So, the theory that people with ADD have strong right brains appears to be correct. As I myself seem to have a strong right brain. Good thread, star and flag.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by sliceNodice]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Well - what a surprise - hello mind control.

It's got nothing to do with mind control, and everything to do with statistics. It's more common for people to develop in a left brain capacity, in the same way it's more common for people to be right handed - just how it is.

To extrapolate the concept of right brain thinking vs left brain thinking to societal level is stupid. People in large groups don't work like that, it's way more complicated.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I need help LOL! There is NO WAY I can see it turn anti-clockwise! I tried to see it out of focus, focusing on several parts, I guess I have to stop seeing it tridimensionally, which I can't.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by seb2882
I need help LOL! There is NO WAY I can see it turn anti-clockwise! I tried to see it out of focus, focusing on several parts, I guess I have to stop seeing it tridimensionally, which I can't.

Open up notepad and paste a paragraph of some text into it. Drag the notepad window under the dancing ballerina so that you can see both the ballerina and the text clearly. Now, start reading the paragraph. Before you finish the paragraph the ballerina should start spinning counter-clockwise. If it doesn't try reading it one more time.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
i'm right brained and have been told i have ADD too, but to be honest, i have way more attention span than my left brained friends.

it also makes one wonder why the early catholics made children switch from a natural left hand writing to right hand writing.

to develop the left brain so that they would not be free thinkers and conform easier?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

Thanks for the tip. I tried but it didn't woked either, guess I'm a bit left-impaired lol! Oh well...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Right-brained, left-handed here. School is definitely oriented for the left-brained.

The major difference I've noticed with right vs left brainers, is that right-brainers process simultaneously. They take in multiple streams at once. Most right-brainers are "gifted" at something or another.

I've also got CAPD, or central auditory processing disorder. I process all sounds, all sights, just about everything I can sense all at once. It's hard for me to filter out much of anything.

Can any other right-brainers relate to this?.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I find it strange that it says most people are left brained. But every time I've seen this here, most people say they see it clockwise first meaning right brained? hmmm

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Right-brainers are the intuitives, and open-mined. It makes sense that most on ATS would be right-brained. While there are many of us gathered here, we're spread out all over the place and unfortunately are still the minority.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Hmm you might be right, that did come to mind.

I'm a right brainer too, I fantasise a lot haha,I'm a thinker love art etc.

But the left brain is also VERY important let's not forget that haha.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
right brained here
If I even try to make it turn counter clockwise I start to feel nausea

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Yes, and this is very important to keep in mind. A lot of people suspect that because we (ATS community) are "realizing" lots of things, "the end is coming for TPTB" and all that. It's preposterous. I only know one, maybe two people outside of this forum who could be interested on seeing through the curtain and face the "real" reality, if it indeed exists. Needless to say, the amount of people into this is so small that it's negligible to account for by TPTB. The fact is, whether you like it or not, people are getting more stupid and lazy every second, and it's not going to change. We are just a small, really small fraction of people who don't need to be targeted at all.

Sorry for my rant!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
It's got nothing to do with mind control, and everything to do with statistics. It's more common for people to develop in a left brain capacity, in the same way it's more common for people to be right handed - just how it is.

Only in modern, technological society I would imagine. I think both hemispheres evolved the same size because they are supposed to have equal importance within the brain. There is no doubt in my mind that public schools perpetuate left-brain dominance.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seb2882

Yeah, it's been a hard, but needed acceptance, to see that most people aren't waking up anytime soon, even if ATS membership is on the rise. We are indeed, a small minority.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Right-brainers are the intuitives, and open-mined. It makes sense that most on ATS would be right-brained. While there are many of us gathered here, we're spread out all over the place and unfortunately are still the minority.

Correct - I expected a big over representation from the 'rights' on here. I'm one myself of course

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join