Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Is there evidence that a technological singularity has occured?

page: 1

join

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Please post any (reasonable) information you have that would indicate that AI has been produced or augmentations to human intellect have occured. Or any information that AI has been staved off or cordoned off. Just wondering and thanks in advance.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by miragezero]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'm not aware of any AI that has such properties. I'm no expert but I think it's extremely unlikely that we can create a system out of our control. Even a so called AI works in a certain way, its more or less just a really complex program.

What scares me a bit more is those researchers that have been implanting chips to have an internet connection at all time that they can access through electrodes (e.g. electrodes on the fingermuscles, you could type with that). Not sure if that's what you mean though

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Technology singularity is still in the realm of fiction at this time. I am curious what brought on your series of questions, miragezero. Did you read some Gibson novels recently? See something on TV?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by scraze

AI only gets out of control when it can become self aware or create a better or another version of its self,then my friend i garantee ull never have to wach any of the terminator films again

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by miragezero

Read Taylor Brice's "Thanks For The Memories".

Possibly mind controlling (which the techniques have improved since Brice Taylor's story in the 70's & 80's).

There are more "dead cells" out there than people realize. When you read, "Woman drowns babies" or "Mass shooting at shopping mall" in the newspaper, start researching the perpatrator's background.

Humanity our physical brain is so easy to manipulate. AI is here it is in the form of a reprogrammed human. Multiple personalities aren't just accidental, they are for the most part created for controlling that human entity and we will see more multiples (now called DIDs) coming out with every passing year.

Research Mind Control Techniques.

Now ask yourself who is really pulling the strings.

Read any of David Icke's books.

again, research Mind Control go to this link and check out 7) REMOVAL OF PRIVACY - Achieving loss of ability to evaluate logically by preventing private contemplation. We're all being "observed" and recorded by somebody now.

www.phinnweb.org...

www.educate-yourself.org...

[edit on 3-5-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Not concerned about mind control in this thread. Just wondering about totally artifical AI of an advanced nature or enhancing human intellect by artificial means.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Of course there are highly developed visual interfaces that you can put on 1 eye, for example the pilots of Apache helicopters. In a strict way, you enhance the intelligence - by displaying information otherwise unknown - but the 'central processing unit' remains the brain by itself.

I think it will take another 15-25 years before we can make useful processing electrodes for our brain.. However, there have been certain advances of simulating the neurons that transmit vision from the retina to the brain. So we're definitely getting closer.

I don't think though that we'll see true intelligence-enhancing interfaces in our lifetime though.. By which I mean, any apparatus that enhances the total intelligence.. Something that would tell you which information to pay attention to, and what to link it to. We're not even close to having a map of how this works (so far we have a huge list of brain parts and functions, and some elaborate interactions - but not a complete mapping). But to me, I'd settle with 'artificial senses' - I like to use my own intelligence, as far as it goes ;].

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by miragezero

Necro for new info request.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I necro my necro.

new topics

join