It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo?Filmed flying over the Shanghai city skyline ! Two videos.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Ok another Ytube video here folks that has caught my attention.Now the quality is not a1 probably a phone however give the videos (there are two) a fair chance as he or she is filming something from a tower block window over the Shanghai city skyline.At one point he can be seen to move to another window to get a better look .Could just be a plane or a blimp I guess, what do you guys think?

[edit on 3-5-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Cmon would anyone who caught a ufo on video seriously upload it to youtube?Not if they had a brain or they would link to an uploaded high quality uncompressed vid.Never happens.Because hoaxers know that youtube is an easy target with tons of gullible people and the quality is so terrible it can never be analysed properly.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I think you tube might be the nail in the coffin for ufology.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
We might as well stop discussing any ufo videos on here then, since most are located on youtube or video.google

Can't make anything out of this video. Too bad he doesnt't zoom in

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

I think you are being a tad harsh.Ytube does play pretty good quality vids and you can even upload HD vids if you have a Hd camcorder.Also it is still the only place that your video will get such a wide audience,so yes lots of hoaxes but you will also get the genuine vids loaded there as well.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Lets say ive got a photo of ufo on from my dslr.Would i put a small websized 16kb shot of it?No i would upload the whole raw file with all the metadata intact.Anyone who wouldn't in my eyes is a fraud.Same goes with vid.
They want a wide audience because thats what motivates hoaxers.Not much use putting hours in to faking something if no ones going to see it.Im sure if a truely legit vid was put out there it wouldnt take long to gain an audience without using youtube.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The first video looks like a blimp to me and there seem to be voices around that don’t sound too excited.
The second video looks like a bug on the window.
If it is a real UFO there should be many more people who would have seen it. It’s a pretty big city after all.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
Lets say ive got a photo of ufo on from my dslr.Would i put a small websized 16kb shot of it?No i would upload the whole raw file with all the metadata intact.Anyone who wouldn't in my eyes is a fraud.Same goes with vid.
[..]

Ok.. interesting. So anyone who puts anything on Youtube is a brainless boob or doesn't need quality.

Funny, I used to think there were honest people that didn't sit behind their computer for the largest part of their life and just made use of Youtube because that's the largest media platform they know how to use. Funny.

No idea whether this is real or not, but good find, it's just been uploaded today!

[edit on 3-5-2009 by scraze]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Yes there are a lot of hoaxers doing video, and there are people who see something odd so film it with whatever they have. If they're anything like me they will be a nooby to uploading video so might make mistakes easily.

Most of the CGI stuff on You tube seems pretty obvious to me. Not sure what this one is, it could be a blimp, but its not an aircraft. It seems to be a real object in the sky, going by the same blurry effects on the object and the background.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BartS
The first video looks like a blimp to me and there seem to be voices around that don’t sound too excited.
The second video looks like a bug on the window.
If it is a real UFO there should be many more people who would have seen it. It’s a pretty big city after all.

I think you could be right ,the first video could be a blimp as at 30 seconds it looks like it turns and from then on you see the blimp end on instead of it side on.
I think the second video is of the same object(blimp) its just further away.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
There is a blimp that flies round Shanghai at night fairly regularly, so it could be that... Other possibilities are Chinese lanterns which are launched now and then, plus sometimes people fly kites at night - very high up - and they attach small lights.

Just suggesting, though I shouldn't really comment as I can't see the vids.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
You entirely missed my point!And where did i call anyone a brainless boob?Yea i didnt but hey if your happy too spend hours analyzing every blurry, pixely youtube vid out there more power to ya.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
They want a wide audience because thats what motivates hoaxers.Not much use putting hours in to faking something if no ones going to see it.Im sure if a truely legit vid was put out there it wouldnt take long to gain an audience without using youtube.

You have to take into account the mindset of the people posting these things to Youtube. It isn't as if they are all UFologists who are concerned about keeping all the data and evidence intact. They see something weird, they record it, they post it to youtube. It's rare that people are going to go through the trouble of trying to make their sightings as verifiable as possible unless they have a strong interest in the subject.

top topics

join