It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mylow's Motor :: Interesting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This is making big waves in free energy community.

Here is the full story:
www.overunity.com...

www.peswiki.com...:_MYLOW%27s_Magnetic_Motor_based_on_Howard_Johnson%27s_Design

pesn.com...

Copies of all of his videos:
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hmmm, that's an awfully thick motor housing... err support he's got the thing rotating on.

I could easily fit a motor and battery in there and nobody would ever know... but hey, what do I know, I'm just a robotics tech.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

This is why I didn't post the story here. Believe me we have heard all the ways it could be faked, and there will never be any amount of proof to satisfy people, nothing short of seeing it for yourself. First it was a fan blowing, next it was spinning magnet behind the wall (which is why his last video is on a glass table), and so on. The skeptics negative comments seem to have deeply upset Mylow, as in his first series of videos he seems very excited and enthusiastic, and as time progressed he seemed to become angry, sad, and distraught removing his videos and taking down his channel twice now. I say take it for what it is. If a person wants to prove it to themselves the only way is to build it to the exact specs, exactly as Mylow has shown, and possibly in test it in the exact location as Mylow resides..Believe me he has endured many personal attacks, and it seems he has taken it very personally which I think he shouldn't and just move forward.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
"Mylow" and Sterling Allan of PESWiki have open-sourced this design. The schematics can be obtained from Sterling Allan for a small fee.

Will anybody at ATS jump on this latest opportunity to create a "Free Energy" device? Probably not.....

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
i suppose if you use a stronger U magnet, or two, the speed would increase. the stronger the magnetic pull the better. the aluminum disc should be as light as possible.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Gouki]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I have been studying magnetic motors for a while.... something is not right about this setup, and I'm almost certain this is a convincing faker...

First off, I am not sure if he has it "repelling" or "attracting", either case, there is 1 major flaw that I will try to explain.

On the wheel there is two rows of magnets on each side, and two large gaps between them. If the magnets are "repelling", every time the main magnets reach the "gaps" on the wheel they will "repel" the magnets that are approaching. This will slow down the wheel every time it passes the "gaps". This would limit the speed, and or stop the wheel completely.

If the magnets are "attracting", then again, every time they reach the "gaps" the magnets wont want to let go of whatever they are attracting, and it will slow down every time.

If it is both attracting and repelling, then the problem is even worse.

Think of 3 magnets in a row with gaps between them. LEFT-MIDDLE-RIGHT. The left magnet is repelling the middle magnet towards the right magnet. If the right magnet is repelling, it will push the middle magnet back towards the left magnet. If the right magnet is attracting, then naturally, the middle magnet will stick to the right magnet, and wont want to let go. Especially if the left magnet is repelling.

Does that make sense to you? I hope so.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 0nce 0nce

I can understand where you are coming from, but there is more to this. First of all the stators are in repulsion to the incoming line of rotor magnets. I think the momentum of the large heavy rotor helps over-come the repulsion, but that is only a small part of what we are seeing. What is unique is the stator design. Have you tested this exact stator set of magnets, or better yet do you even know how these magnets are magnetized, ie, in the vertical or horizontal? Also factor in the eddy currents of the aluminum disc, as it quite thick, and Mylow himself said it won't work without the aluminum disc. Note that he mounts the rotor magnets directly to the surface. What needs to be determined is the exact type of aluminum he is using, the magnetization directions, and exact sizes and dimensions.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I guess people don't understand that magnetics fade with time and resistance. As soon as you draw a current against the field or use the spinning for torque it will still applying resistance to the magnetic field which in turn will degrade the magentic field over time.

Unfortunately people don't realise that permanent magnets that exist today are not truly permanent.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Hmmm, that's an awfully thick motor housing... err support he's got the thing rotating on.

I could easily fit a motor and battery in there and nobody would ever know... but hey, what do I know, I'm just a robotics tech.

The proof:

www.youtube.com...

Pl note that the inventor is very thin skinned and emotional guy, think twice before talking to him. And he regularly deletes his videos, so back up. We need replicators not theorists. Because theory already says its not possible.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan
Unfortunately people don't realise that permanent magnets that exist today are not truly permanent.

I think you did not realize what overunity means.
It means that you can feed back a small portion of the energy and recharge your magnets. Its energy from nothing, remember..... making new magnets is easy.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
interesting design but props to him for making it

hmm robotics tech huh...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain

I think you did not realize what overunity means.
It means that you can feed back a small portion of the energy and recharge your magnets. Its energy from nothing, remember..... making new magnets is easy.

I understand what overunity means and magnets take a large amount of energy to create the initial field; and the more a magnetic field has to work the more it is degraded.

My point is that I see no evidence that this is an overunity device. What happens when the magnets die? Did he achieve energy from nothing or from the energy put into the magnets in the form of a magnetic field?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I read on PESWiki that Mylow used radio shack magnets, so then when I went to radio shack and asked what sorta magnets they had, I was told that all the magnets had gone on clearence and they no longer carried them anymore... Could be a coincidence or not.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I am also an 'free energy/overunity' experimenter with permanent magnets, well, I used to be.

Experimented with many different configurations, even used mechanical magnetic shielding(using either another magnet or high saturation metallic shields). Explored torque possibilities(rotational fields) not just simple attraction and repulsion.

Everything I did, the Law of Conservation of Energy have always a clever way to conserve energy, until I simply gave up working with 'free energy' permanent magnet motors.

I may have failed, but I learned a great deal from the experience. I haven't stopped in the absolute sense, still looking for other ways, but definitely not with permanent magnets this time.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Mylow is now posting instructional videos.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

Yeah, it's amazing. Here we have someone who finally seems to have done what Steorn and all those others could not - and you can practically hear a pin drop in here from all the excitement!!

(Goddamn global financial meltdown and swine flu....
)

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

i am awaiting some feedback from friends of mine who are more gifted in these types of sciences than I.

Rest assured, however, that I will comment on this further in upcoming days.

in the meantime, this seems to mirror some of the concepts presented by ATS user "AllIs0ne", especially in how it relates to Ed Leedskalnin and his "Sweet 16".

The design of this machine is something that not only have I imagined myself, but seems to mirror past technologies that were either obscured or simply forgotten.

However, without input from my peers I am unsure as to the veracity of these claims (and subsequent opinions).

I will add, however, that you rarely will see any buzz associated with something fantastical. I have seen countless times that a wily researcher on ATS blows the lid off of something, only to find it languish in obscurity. Unless your thread deals with one of the "Hot Topics" (vampires/werewolves, Swine Flu, etc) languishing is something that is all too common.

Perhaps this thread should be renamed to mirror one of these other threads from the "Recent Posts" page:

Vampires, Lycan, Witches, and the Church

Is it possible to be born a vampire

I need info on becoming a werewolf

[edit on 9-5-2009 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
People need to replicate this and follow the instructions and see if this can be copied instead of just telling Mylow that it is a fake set up I think.

He is not trying to start a company with this to profit from it. Sterling had to convince him to even bother with the trouble of open source it with him only getting about 5% from the revenue from selling the plans on Peswiki.

I think this is just a case of a guy that felt he could do something and fooled with it until it worked. He has only instinctive or intuitive understanding of it.

Others are buying the plans and I expect to see some replicas very soon on youtube. These will be a lot like the booster cells with copies everywhere on the internet.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
i am awaiting some feedback from friends of mine who are more gifted in these types of sciences than I.

Rest assured, however, that I will comment on this further in upcoming days.

Awesome! I've been wanting to see a team from ATS do a real investigation into things like this, or the various Bedini motors or the Keppe motor, for quite a while now. But I don't have the resources or expertise to do it myself....

(And I agree with you, vampires are totally lame!
)

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
His motor can and will work. Now as for the how long before the magnets lose their strength, thats another story. There is no part of his idea that shouldn't work. If I had the time I would gladly reproduce it for everyone. He is not the first person to think of a setup like this.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join