It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pig Flu - The UK Cover-up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Just wanted to get this out. Its a headline that just came up on the BBC News and its been carried front page by one of the big sunday papers here in the UK.

The front page reads "Pig Flu, The cover up" or "the big cover up"

From what I caught of the news story, it turns out that the first person to get it in the uk went to a music concert here in the uk, after returning from Mexico and just before he was put into hospital, and the Government hushed it all up, from what I heard on the news, they said "not to tell anyone, to make sure this news not get out"

I'm going for the papers soon, So I will update this thread when I do.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
very interesting. i think they have known about this thing for a lot longer than we are being told. also there was a huge and somewhat terrifying reaction when this hit on monday, and already coverage is trailing off. is it a massive over reaction or are we being spoonfed what our governments want us to know and/or think?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I am starting to wonder if TPTB are trying to sneak something in the background,under the cover of this "swine flu".

The media coverage,when it first broke,was pretty overwhelming,considering this virus does'nt seem to have a particularly high mortality rate,espescially outside of Mexico.

Is our attention being diverted from something more clandestine?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by scobro

I think Gordon Brown and his cronies will be laughing their tits off at this!
What a simple and effective way of deflecting public attention away from the absolute chronic state of affairs here in Britain.

I'm also certain that the last time something like this happened the government rushed through some back door, repressive legislation or released damning figures which hardly made the news at the time and prevented further government criticism. Unfortunately I am unsure of the exact details at present, (after all it is Sunday which follows Saturday's excesses and the debacle that was the Hatton fight at daft o'clock this morning!)

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by scobro

This has been in my head for a few days now....that this *might* be the false flag that has been expected. I know that there have been fatalities, and we have to bear that tragedy in mind, but the amount of fuss made for something that hasn't really taken off...yet...isn't normal. Have we missed something? Is there something in the background that we haven't spotted? Probably completely unconnected to the flu out break?

I wonder which piece of legislation has been changed quietly and out of sight, or who has been visiting who, where, and what kind of deal they did.

I dunno....I hope it's a case of media over reaction, but I'm starting to smell a big pile of stinky something here. Maybe I'm paranoid, but this is a conspiracy site....

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by InterWeb

I think it's about this dude!

They are lying to us because the truth can spark panic!

"Pig flu victim Iain Askham told last night how he tried to warn health bosses he had been at a packed rock concert while infected with the bug - and was ordered to keep quiet about it."

"I told hospital staff I'd been to see Doves at a gig then fell ill. They said I should keep it quiet to avoid a panic"

www.people.co.uk...

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
I am starting to wonder if TPTB are trying to sneak something in the background,under the cover of this "swine flu".

Totally agree mate.

I've said from the start that there's something fishy about this whole thing...
The way it took off and the way that the media jumped on it and reported nothing else.

Is this a test to gauge reactions....a precursor to something more sinister being released?

Hmmmmmm.... something is definitely not right.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I think we should all be looking near the bottom, of the various media webpages,just to see what's in the "other news stories",just incase we are missing something that could seem inoccous at the moment,but may well lead to something far bigger!

Be vigilant everyone!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

I think it's about this dude!

They are lying to us because the truth can spark panic!

"Pig flu victim Iain Askham told last night how he tried to warn health bosses he had been at a packed rock concert while infected with the bug - and was ordered to keep quiet about it."

"I told hospital staff I'd been to see Doves at a gig then fell ill. They said I should keep it quiet to avoid a panic"

www.people.co.uk...

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

Yes that's the one. I never entered into this whole flu cover-up thing, but I'm really starting to think abotu it now and see it in a diff light.

They told this lad to keep it to himself, we have to then ask the question, why do this, why not get it out and therefore let the people at the music event know to watch out for it?!

Its a clear cover-up.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think im about to fall of the fence people!....looking at the latest devolpments its not looking good!

top topics

join