It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama set for 'intense' Pakistan, Afghan summit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Obama set for 'intense' Pakistan, Afghan summit

www.google.com

WASHINGTON (AFP) — US President Barack Obama meets Wednesday with the leaders of Pakistan and Afghanistan, hoping to shore up the fight against Islamic extremism as concerns about the region mount.

The summit visibly showcases the new strategy of Obama, who says the United States must consider the neighboring countries together -- rather than focus just on fighting Taliban and Al-Qaeda militants in Afghanistan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Maybe diplomacy will work this time. I am not getting my hopes up, but something besides sending wave after wave of American troops to deal with the situation may have an effect. This is something that the countries of that region need to help combat. Terrorists residing in their jurisdiction are wreaking havoc everywhere, it's time they took part in stopping it.

TA

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-5-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Nice find .
It will be interesting to see what happens as a result of this meeting , given how week both the Pakistan and Afghanistan government are , as pointed out in the posted article .

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Yeah, i'm not counting on a lot getting accomplished, but perhaps some good will come of it. I have my doubts, but I can't say with 100% certainty that nothing good ever comes of meetings of this nature. Won't hurt to try, i suppose. Thanks for the reply, post starred.

TA

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The propaganda for the Pakistani war has begun:

Petraeus says Pakistan could be just two weeks from collapse

The US will go into Pakistan.

The propaganda has started.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

I have no false hopes for this. This is scheduled after Joe Biden meets with
AIPAC.
And Nswt Gingrich and John Heinz? er Kerry? It all speaks BS to me. I don't trust this stuff at all. But, then, again, when I speak out about all this my wife and daughter exchange those "knowing" looks. Heh. I'm just an idiot and they are sane. I will have the last, 0h, I am sorry laugh. Probablly, my last grandson will someday say, "Papaw, WASN'T crazy!"OH hell, I tried to correct my spellng. Please, Mis VonDerhobben, don't throw that eraser at my head. The chalk dust gets in my nose.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by kyred]

top topics

join