It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is safer since 9/11!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I think we all need to step back and take a look at 9/11.

Everyone goes on and on saying that everything's changed since 9/11, times are more dangerous than ever. I disagree! I say we are safer now, because of 9/11.

And I thank those great Muslim terrorists for bringing down those towers, for how else would we have passed the patriot act? That act in and of itself has saved probably millions of red blooded, God fearing American lives.

If we weren't so paranoid, we'd be letting everyone into our country! That's the true danger- letting people come into our country, change our ways of thinking, and talking in funny languages. The bombs? The bombs CAUSE paranoia! And paranoia is the only thing saving our people from being killed by their people!

So let's stand up, proudly, and say, "I'm proud to be American, now that 9/11 has brought freedom and safety into our country!"

Bush said America is safer since 9/11, too!

Here are some more relevent links, all great reads:
/c75p6w
/cefxug
/cvnf42
/chm8df
/6rgcvn

Sorry about the tinyurl's but a lot of the links were so long ATS wouldn't have formated them right.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Ok this is a serious question because I really do not know and can not tell for sure.

Are you being serious or is this thread meant to be ironic and sarcastic?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Ok this is a serious question because I really do not know and can not tell for sure.

Are you being serious or is this thread meant to be ironic and sarcastic?

I was wondering the same thing myself.

If the OP is being truthful, I would suggest the OP just research the content on this site, then come back to this thread in a few months. Seems the OP has been chuggin' the kool-aid in this instance.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Unmask The Deception]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This has to be a joke...

I mean if President Bush says so it must be true... right?

Not sure if you know but we do let just about anyone into the country if you haven't noticed.

So yea I'm going with the joke theory because this is just lame otherwise.

Edit: On second thought this is lame either way.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by TV_Nation]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Gee, I feel so much safer.

I can now be held without charge for as long as some government stooge wants to hold me.

I can be declared an enemy of the state for attending a peace rally.

Anything I write, be it online or on paper, can be read by someone in the government that thinks I might have subversive thoughts.

I have to take my shoes off when I go to the airport, like it's some sort of temple.

I am now guilty until I can prove myself innocent. And if I can't, I'm screwed.

America has not been made safer, we have been turned into the worlds largest concentration camp.

Big Brother is watching you.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by effigyrelease
So let's stand up, proudly, and say, "I'm proud to be American, now that 9/11 has brought freedom and safety into our country!"

You know that if it wasn't for blind patriotism like this, we could all stand together and say that we're proud to be Earthlings who live in peace.

But no... we've always got to identify with others and band together against an enemy, any enemy, even if they're not really real.

I vote that this thread is troll bait. No more replies from me!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I agree this must be a joke. Unless the OP has been living in a cave for about 6 years then.... man this just has to be a joke...

I just don't know what else to say untill the OP responds... I guess I will just wait untill then.

I have a feeling it is meant to be sarcastic but if that is the case it is not exactly blaringly obvious....

hmmmm.....

[edit on 2-5-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Actually we were safe before 911. Then our country changed. Heh. And no man-made disaster aftewards. Yep, I drank the kool-aid and said, oh, now we are safer. Heh. When I said this to my sister, she said, how do you know there have been no terrorists attacks since 911. And I said, well, have you seen another attack since then? Anyway, I think we both drank the kool-aid. But it is my opinion that she still sips from the cup, believing there is a difference between democrats and republicans. She still only votes democrat, even if she doesn't believe them, cuz, well, republicans are evil and democrats are goodness. There was a moment when I thought she actually spit out the kool-aid and said to me, what happened? I thought the democrats were all about the common person. That moment of clarity only lasted a bit. Then she climbed back onto the band wagon and trumpted her message loudly. I tried to get her to at least look at a Ron Paul site, or a Chuck Baldwin site, or even, gag, a McKinney site. But she just refused. Her mind is very made up and she doesn't want another opinion. Meanwhile. Rand Paul, son of Ron Paul, is considering a run against Jim Bunning in my state for congress. I will check into him and see what he has to say and has to offer. All I know is Jim Bunining (R) is unacceptable to me and the possible D's are no better. I just might give my vote to an unknown. An unknown surely is a better bet than an unacceptable known. Okay. Rant off. What was the subject again? Ack! Jim Beam and Marlboro Reds. Oh, a mind is such a terrible thing to lose. LOL. Thank you, Zeta Reticulans for advising me to go off my meds.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Ah yes, I was REALLY scared of terrists before 9/11, but since then I have been in a much more relaxed state of mind.

I was saying to everyone before 9/11 how scared I was of muslims and their bombs and guns and stuff, but not anymore.

I mean since 9/11 we have taken over their countries, we've bombed the crap out of their homelands, and hell we even got a black man in the presidency thats looking to enforce our stay in the tropical paradise that is the Middle East.

Do I feel safer since 9/11? Absolutely. Life was so uncertain before 9/11, but not now

Thanks GW. I dont know where we would be without you.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Nonchalant]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

posted by effigyrelease

Is this serious?

Sure it is. This is Julius Caesar/Josef Stalin/Adolphe Hitler Day.

They would be proud of our hard-earned freedom, peace, and safety.

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervour, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded with patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader, and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar".
Julius Caesar (William Shakespeare)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/297741f16f7e.jpg[/atsimg]

It wasn't Caesar or Shakespeare

I think you're missing the point of the passage regardless of who may have written it. The author clearly understands the psychology of men. Here's a documented quote in the very same vein:

"Of course the people don't want war ...but, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament or a communist dictatorship ... voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.

That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and for exposing the country to danger."

-- Hermann Goering at his Nuremberg trial, 1946
In other words, wake the hell up from our comas!

www.answerbag.com...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by effigyrelease

That's funny, I've heard defense and intelligence experts say the exact opposite.

Here's an example from Reader's Digest, from last year:

Despite some $48 billion in federal spending on biodefense—including a new nationwide network of research labs and a $1 billion detection system called BioWatch operating in more than 30 cities-the nation may be just as vulnerable to an attack today as it ever was. Indeed, some biodefense experts warn, we may be less safe.

In recent months, government auditors, public health experts, and outside watchdog groups have unearthed a litany of failures and mistakes in the nation's vast and burgeoning bio-defense program. In September, the Partnership for a Secure America, a bipartisan group of leading national-security experts, issued a report stating that the United States remains "dangerously vulnerable" to nuclear, chemical, and biological attacks.

Margaret Hamburg, MD, a former New York City health commissioner and a former assistant secretary at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, warns that another anthrax attack would likely still be met with "chaos, uncertainty, and delayed and missed diagnoses."

www.rd.com...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by effigyrelease

Everything about the post is wrong.

By exchanging your freedom and rights for "security", you've done more damage to your nation than any terrorist act could ever do.
They've already won, and you let them.

Thankfully, the UK is now waking up to this. We are starting to review what is actually needed in society to prevent attack (and that is no different to methods used fighting the IRA).

If you think checkpoints, phone taps, national citizen databases, gun control, farming control, removal of civil liberties etc makes you safer, you deserve to have all of that inflicted upon you.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
its safer for those who like to market terror.

a good example is the swine flu masks. just the other day i was taking a look at the whole scenario and noticed that the CDC website had 2 contradictory things right on the same page.

they had both the statement that (paraphrasing) there is no scientific evidence a mask will reduce your risk. then they had a list of approved masks.

Think about this, who sells safety? thats who profits from this. I dont see any links to actual scientific saying evidence we are safer. Think about that.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by effigyrelease

And I thank those great Muslim terrorists for bringing down those towers, for how else would we have passed the patriot act?

This statement alone tells me you are being sarcastic as others stated. If not you won't find another rational person to agree with you.

If this is how safety is to be achieved, shall we drop nukes on cities to obtain peace?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Before 911, what did we honestly have to fear?

Techno's?
Hanson?
Muslim Fanatics?
Boredom?

Now what do we have to fear?

Iraqi revenge?
Taliban revenge?
Alqaeda?
Sinking Economy?
Unemployment?
Inflation?
Indefinate detention?
Wiretaps?
North Korea?
Iran?
Trigger Happy Israelis?
Israeli Spies?
Chinese Hackers?
The Mexican border?

yeah...

things have definately improved since 911.

what planet are you on?

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Agit8dChop]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Techno's?
Hanson?
Muslim Fanatics?
Boredom?

Iraqi revenge?
Taliban revenge?
Alqaeda?
Sinking Economy?
Unemployment?
Inflation?
Indefinate detention?
Wiretaps?
North Korea?
Iran?
Trigger Happy Israelis?
Israeli Spies?
Chinese Hackers?
The Mexican border?

yeah...

what planet are you on?

what thread are you reading?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Techno's?
Hanson?
Muslim Fanatics?
Boredom?

Iraqi revenge?
Taliban revenge?
Alqaeda?
Sinking Economy?
Unemployment?
Inflation?
Indefinate detention?
Wiretaps?
North Korea?
Iran?
Trigger Happy Israelis?
Israeli Spies?
Chinese Hackers?
The Mexican border?

yeah...

what planet are you on?

Sorry, but you are kinda telling your age.

If you think there were not concerns about MANY things in the 90's to early 2000's you were not paying attention.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I thought it would be obvious

I disagree! I say we are safer now, because of 9/11.

I disagree and stated my reasons as to why todays problems are worse than before.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Safer?
There's really no way to truly measure safety.
You can debate whether we are or not but the real answer will become evident when we see how folks react right before the next threat or actual terror attack.

Except for the terrorist sympathyzers that would much rather sing Kumbaya with those that wish to do us harm, people are much more aware and cautious after 9-11. It's all about due diligence.

Do you really think passengers will just sit back and let their plane get taken over by any terrorist?

If anyone is crazy enough to even think about hijacking the next plane, they better think twice because there is no way innocent people will go down without a fight.

Safety can only be measured by how low you decide to let your guard.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I can't believe the OP said that he/she "thanks" the terrorists for bringing down the WTC! WTF?!

That is really really really SICK.

If he said that to the families who lost loved ones on 9/11, he'd get socked and pummeled.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join